BAMU Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University About Us
The University has to serve the need of the whole Marathwada region with a common historical and cultural. The name of city however illustrious cannot be exercise the same spell upon the imagination of the Marathwada People. The name of the University must be such that it will make an emotional appeal to the heart and minds of the people. The name Marathwada has that advantage, therefore it was named as “Marathwada University” on 14th January 1994 the University was renamed “Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University” to pay homage to work done by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar for the educational development of Marathwada region.The BAMU University Campus covers an area of more then 650 Acres of land. The main approach road is from the south, which is about a mile and a quarter in length.
The hills provide a picturesque background with silvery streak of small cascades during the rain. The famous Aurangabad Caves embedded in the Marathwada University Campus. The Suneri Mahal ( Golden Palace ) an ancient monument at the foot of the hills, is at the Centre of the BAMU Campus. The Bibi Ka Makabara helps to break the monotony of landscape to the north cast of the campus.
Objective of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University :
“Following are the objectives of BAMU University. To disseminates create and preserve knowledge and understand by teaching, research, extension and service and by effective demonstration and influence of its corporate, extension and society.”
Function of Marathwada University :
The functions of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University are as follows :
- To play a significant role in the economic, educational, social and cultural development of people of Marathwada.
- To cater to the need of higher education in the region.
- To cultivate and promote the arts, commerce, science, medicine, engineering, technology and other branches of learning and culture.
- To organize maintain and manage university laboratories, libraries, museum and other equipments for teaching and research.
- To contribute to the advancement and dissemination of knowledge by undertaking Post Graduate and research in its own departments as well as through its college and recognized institutions.
- To serve as a nursery of leaders indifferent walks of life, Professional, industrial economic, Political, social who can actively help in all direction and in the resuscitation if its unique culture.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University Departments
Arts Departments :
- Marathi, Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Pali & Buddhism, Dramatics, Foreign Languages, Fine Arts, Geography, Urdu, Dance.
- Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Chemical Technology, Computer Science & IT, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Nanotechnology, Physics, Statistics.
- Commerce, Management Science
- Political Science, Public Administration, History & Ancient Indian Culture, Library Science, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Journalism & Mass Communication, Tourism Administration.
- Education, Physical Education.
Courses Offered by BAMU University
MA Programs :
- Marathi, Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Pali, Geography, Urdu, Political Science, Public Administration, History & Ancient Indian Culture, Economics, Sociology, Psychology.
MSc Programs :
- Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Technology,Environment Science, Mathematics, Nanotechnology, Physics, Statistics, Zoology.
MPhil Programs :
- Marathi, Hindi, English, Urdu, Computer Science, Mathematics, Commerce, Political Science, Public Administration, History & Ancient Indian Culture, Library & Information Science, Economics, Sociology, Clinical Psychology.
PhD Programs :
- Marathi, Dramatics, Urdu, Computer Science, Chemistry, Political Science, Public Administration, History & Ancient Indian Culture, Library & Information Science, Sociology, Journalism & Mass Communication, Education.
Under Graduate Courses :
- Bachelor of Performing Arts, Bachelor of Dramatics, BFA Bridge Course, BA ( Dance ), BJ.
Other Programs :
- Master of Performing Arts, MFA ( Drawing and Painting ), MFA ( Applied Art ), MFA By Research, M.Com, Master of International Business ( M.I.B. ), MBA, MCA, MJ, M.T.A. ( Master of Tourism Administration ), M.Ed., M.P.Ed., LLM ( Master of Law ).
Diploma Programs :
- Russian, German and French, Advanced Diploma in French, German and Russian, Business Management.
Certificate Programs :
- Computer Graphics Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel – Draw, Basic Photography, Hobby Drawing Classes, Proficiency in French, German and Russian.
B.Tech Programs :
- Pharmaceuticals & Fine Chemicals Technology, Food Technology.
PG Diploma Programs :
- Health Services Management, Hospital Administration & Management, Retail Management, Human Resource Management, Tourism Administration.
Marathwada University Affiliated Colleges
PG Diploma Programs
Diploma & Certificate Programs
Vocational Programs ( Conducted through Community College )
Catering and Hotel Management Programs
|S.No||Name of Program||S.No||Name of Program|
|1.||Master in Gender & Development Studies||7.||M.A.( Labour & Development )|
|2.||M.A. in Women\'s & Gender Studies||8.||M.A.( Social Anthropology )|
|3.||M.A. in Extension & Development Studies||9.||B.A. in Applied Sign Language Studies|
|4.||M.A. ( Gandhi and Peace Studies )||10.||Bachelors Preparatory Program for Deaf Students|
|5.||M.A. Social Work ( North East )||11.||Certificate in PC Hardware & Networking|
|6.||M.A. ( Translation Studies )||12.||Certificate in Chinese Language & Culture|
|SCDL Nasik||SCDL Bangalore||SCDL Noida|
|Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning,|
C / o Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management ( SIOM ),
A - 23, Shravan Sector,
CIDCO, New NASIK,
Nasik - 422 008,
Phone No. : 0253 - 2392689 / 2373002 / 2373005,
Telefax : 0253 - 2392689.
|Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning,|
#95 / 1, 95 / 2, Electronics City,
Phase - 1, Hosur Road,
Bangalore - 560 100,
Landmark : Besides CGI Company,
Phone No. : 080 - 67139511 / 12 / 13.
|Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning,
C / o Symbiosis Campus,
A47 / 48, Sector 62,
Opposite Nokia Siemens Network,
Near DLF Building,
Noida – 201 301,
Phone No. : 0120 - 2405070.
MBA / PGDM
BBA / DBM
|Prospectus Fees from Study Center|
|Prospectus Fees by post|
|Last date for submission of MGAHV Admission Application form|
15th October, 2012 ( with late fees of 300/-, 15th November, 2012 )
|Last date for submission of Enrollment form|
30th December, 2012
30th December, 2012
|Last date for submission of Enrollment form with late fees of 300/-|
15th January, 2013
15th January 2013
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University Address
Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University,
Aurangabad – 431 004,
Fax : ( 0240 ) – 2403113,
Phone No. : ( 0240 ) – 2403400, 2400431 ( 0240 ) – 2403113,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : http://www.bamu.net/.