Ministry of Culture Senior / Junior Fellowships 2012, India
Government of India Ministry of Culture Senior / Junior Fellowships 2012
Applications invited by Ministry of culture from Indian citizens for Junior Fellowships to outstanding candidates in the field of Culture for 2012.
The objective is to encourage analytical application of new research techniques, technological and management principles to contemporary issues in areas related to art and culture.
General and theoretical macro – studies will not be considered. The proposal should be innovative and application oriented and preferably inter – disciplinary in nature.
Number of Senior / Junior Fellowships :
The number of fellowships will be up to 400 each year. These are of two types, namely, senior and junior fellowship. The number of senior fellowships will be 200 of the value of [Rupee] 20,000/- each per month for the artistes in the age group of above 40 years.
The Number of junior fellowships will be 200 and these will be of the value of [Rupee] 10,000/- each per month for the artistes in the age group of 25 – 40 years. Age will be reckoned as on 1st April of the year.
In addition, there could be a one time grant up to maximum of [Rupee] 20,000/- or 50% of the cost of the publication, whichever is less, for publication of selected Project documents. This will be restricted to 20% of the awardees.
Senior / Junior Fellowship Eligibility Criteria :
Applicant for senior Fellowship should not be the recipient of pension from Ministry of Culture under the scheme for grant of financial assistance to artistes in indigent circumstances.
An applicant should not have availed of the same fellowship earlier. However an applicant who had been awarded a Junior Fellowship can apply for a Senior Fellowship, provided 5 years have elapsed after the closure of the earlier project.
Graduation is the minimum educational qualification for applicants in the fields / areas listed in Para II (b) of the Scheme.
Applicants who are employed will have to apply through the proper channel.
Under the Senior and Junior Fellowships, the awardees will submit a six – monthly progress report. In cases where such reports are not received timely, the Ministry may withhold further releases of the Fellowship amount.
The selected candidates will have to undertake akademic or application oriented research work on projects for which they have been awarded the Fellowship. They will complete their Projects within two years and submit the same to the Ministry. Extension of time by maximum three months will be permissible without any additional financial liability to the Government.
Selection Procedure for Senior / Junior Fellowships :
1. Applications for award of Fellowship will be invited every year, through advertisement, in a prescribed format.
2. The application should be accompanied by a detailed project proposal on the subject.
3. If the applicants are employed in Central / State Government Departments / Institutions / Undertaking / University etc., they will have to take leave for a period of 2 years for the period of the Fellowship. They should submit their fellowship applications through the head of Department / Institution / Undertaking / University etc. with the written assurance that in case the fellowship is sanctioned, the candidate will be granted leave for the duration of the Fellowship. The first installment of the Fellowship will be released on production of proof of leave sanctioned, in addition to other conditions as applicable.
4. An Expert – Committee comprising experts in different fields will be constituted by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, which would in the first stage examine all applications and shortlist the most meritorious among them for eventual selection of the required number of Fellows in different fields / areas.
5. Short – listed Junior Fellowship candidates will be called for an interview / talk by the Expert Committee who will then select the most meritorious candidates upto the required number of Junior Fellowships in different fields / areas. No such interview / talk would be necessary in the case of Senior Fellowships.
Important dates for Senior / Junior Fellowships :
Last date to apply for Junior fellowships 2012 is 31st March, 2012.
Ministry of Culture, Government of India invites application for Senior / Junior Fellowships 2012 from Indian citizens who are outstanding in the field of Culture.
Scholarships Related : Ministry of Culture Senior Fellowship 2012, Ministry of Culture Junior Fellowship, Junior Fellowship Ministry of Culture 2012, Ministry of Culture Senior / Junior Fellowships 2012, India, Ministry of Culture Fellowship Application Form, Ministry of Culture Fellowship Result, Ministry of Culture Govt of India Grants, Ministry of Culture India Scholarships 2012, Indian Culture Fellowship, Ministry of Culture of India, Ministry of Culture Scholarships to Young Artists, Scholarships for Culture 2012, Indian Culture Scholarship Form, Senior Junior Fellowships, Junior/Senior Scholarships, Senior Fellowship Ministry Culture, Art and Culture Fellowships, Junior Fellowship Ministry Culture India, Scholarships in India, Indian Scholarships,
Posted In scholarships : Leave a response for ministry of culture senior / junior fellowships 2012, india by sharon