Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award 2013 ( IYBA ), India
IYBA Scholarship 2013
The ‘Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award’ ( IYBA ) was instituted by the Department of Biotechnology in the year 2005, as an attractive, career – oriented scheme to identify and nurture outstanding young scientists with innovative ideas and desire to pursue research in frontier areas of biotechnology. For the year 2013 awards, the department invites applications from the young Indian investigators upto the age of 35 years. The award will consist of financial support for a project and Cash Award / fellowship for the awardees. Awardees having a regular employment will receive a cash award of 1.00/- Lakh every year during the course of the project in addition to grants – in – aid of 50.00/- Lakhs for a project.
The awardees, those are not in the regular employment will receive a fellowship of 40,000/- per month with grants – in – aid and shall be attached to a Senior Scientist ( Mentor ) in a University, Research Institute, Medical / Agriculture / Veterinary College or any other institute of repute. It is expected that the awardees will work independently and the Mentor will facilitate the awardees research efforts. Applications ( 1 copy ) neatly typed on plain paper in the prescribed format along with enclosures & certified copies to be sent to the following address :
Dr.T. Madhan Mohan, Adviser,
Department of Biotechnology,
Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodi Road,
New Delhi – 110 003,
So as to reach latest by 6th December, 2013. Soft copy of the application also needs to be sent to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
IYBA Scholarship 2013 Eligibility
What is expected from an applicant and who can apply ?
The applicant should have an excellent academic career and also should have publications in high impact journals and / or should have invented technologies supported by Indian / International patents. The proposed research project should clearly reflect the innovative thinking and execution capabilities of the applicant.
The minimum eligibility criteria for applicants will be the following :
- The candidate should have secured First Class grades in examinations of all academic courses for award of a degree from the graduate level onwards.
- Cumulative publication impact factor of 10 OR Cumulative publication impact factor of 5 with two published Indian Patents or one International patent.
- Qualification : Ph.D. in any branch of life sciences including Medicine, Veterinary Sciences, Pharmacy, Agricultural Sciences, and engineering sciences. Master degree in Medicine, Engineering/Technology is also eligible to apply.
- Age limit : 35 years or below as on 31st December 2012. Age relaxation of 5 years would be given to candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC, Women and Physically Handicapped Category. ( Necessary attested copies of supporting documents to this effect have to be enclosed ).
- The applicant should be an Indian National.
- In addition to the above minimum eligibility criteria, it is essential that the proposed project work is carried out in any recognized research institution / university in India having adequate facilities to carry out the proposed research project. A consent letter from the institution / university should be furnished along with the application.
- A nomination / recommendation by a Fellow of any of the National Academies, or a Director of National Laboratory, or a Head of a S&T Department of Government of India, or a Vice-Chancellor of a University or an eminent scientist in the field of biotechnology is also essential. The nomination letter should indicate the candidate’s competence for the fellowship and should be sent directly in confidence to Dr. T. Madhan Mohan, Adviser, DBT, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110 003.
IYBA Scholarship 2013 Award
The award shall cover the non – recurring and recurring financial grants for performing and executing an innovative research plan as proposed by the awardee. Grant for equipment, computational and communication facilities, consumables, contingencies and travel will be covered as required for the research project. In addition a fellowship of 40,000/- per month will be admissible for awardees who do not have a regular employment or are not drawing any other fellowship. If during the course of the project, the awardee finds a regular employment or receives any other fellowship, the awardee should immediately inform the fact to the DBT and the monthly payment of fellowship from the subsequent month onward will be discontinued. In this situation the awardees will receive 1.00 lakh cash award per annum similar to the awardees those are in regular employment. Awardees having a regular employment will receive a cash award of 1.00 lakh every year during the course of the project in addition to the equipment and other recurring grants except the fellowship amount.
IYBA Scholarship Course Duration 2013
Extension : The duration of the project will normally be for a period of three years subject to satisfactory progress. In case of research of outstanding merit, based on a review of the project by a committee of experts and their recommendations, the duration of the project may be extended by two more years to a maximum period of five years.
Sr. IYBA : In case of research outstanding merit and requires expansion of the work within the ambit of its original objectives then the IYBA expert committee may consider the candidate for up gradation as Senior IYBA ( Sr. IYBA ) fellow for the next upto 3 years to a maximum of 6 years without sealing of grants-in-aid and continuation of the Fellowship/ Cash award similar to IYBA.
IYBA Scholarship 2013 Mode of Selection
Eligible candidate will submit application in the prescribed format. The applications after initial screening by numerical calculation of impact factor / citation index of research publications and patents will be reviewed by the expert committee for selection of IYBA on the basis of their career profile, distinctions, publications, patents, innovative thinking, scientific originality of the project and the detailed scientific comments. Short listed applicants will be invited for making a presentation to support their candidature. Each candidate will be given 30 minutes to make the presentation. Successful candidates up to maximum of 25 will be recommended for the IYBA 2013.
Presentation of the Awards :
Selected candidates will be intimated in writing as well as publishing it on DBT website. The awards would be presented to the selected candidates at a formal function organized by the DBT.
IYBA Scholarship Program 2013 – IYBA Scholarship Eligibility 2013 – IYBA Scholarship Award – 2013 – IYBA Scholarship Mode of Selection 2013
Scholarships Related : Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award 2013, IYBA Scholarship 2013 Procedure, Innovative Young Biotechnologist Scholarship 2013 Award, Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award 2013 ( IYBA ), India, IYBA Scholarship 2013 Program, IYBA Scholarship 2013 Scheme, IYBA Scholarship 2013 Eligibility Conditions, Young Investigator Scholarship Award 2013, IYBA Scholarship 2013 Application Form, IYBA Scholarship 2013 Fee Details, Scholarship in IYBA 2013, IYBA Fellowship 2013, IYBA Fellowship 2013 Details, Courses Offered by IYBA Fellowship 2013, IYBA Scholarship 2013 Mode of Selection, IYBA Scholarship 2013 Application Last Date, Scholarships Details India, Scholarships in India, Latest Scholarships in India, Scholarship Positions in India, Scholarship Providing Universities, Scholarship Offering Universities, Scholarship Providing Organizations, Scholarship Offering Organization, Scholarship for Higher Education in India ,
Posted In scholarships : Leave a response for innovative young biotechnologist award 2013 ( iyba ), india by amala