East – West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship Program 2012, India
East – West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship Program 2012
Applications invited by the East-West Center for East – West Center Graduate Degree ( MSc and PhD ) Fellowship for Asian students. The East – West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides master’s and doctoral funding for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the United States to participate in educational and research programs at the East – West Center while pursuing graduate study at the University of Hawaii.
EWC Graduate Scholarship Details :
The fellowships cover the cost of tuition fees, books, housing in an East – West Center dormitory, health insurance, and partial funding toward meals and incidental expenses. Funding for field study and conference presentations is offered on a competitive basis during the fellow’s period of study.
East – West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship Eligibility :
- Applicants must submit both the application for East – West Center Graduate Fellowship and the graduate admissions application to the University of Hawai‘i to the East-West Center Award Services Office
- Applicants already enrolled as classified graduate students at the University of Hawai‘i submit only the East-West Center Graduate Fellowship application.
- Required tests include the Test of English as a Foreign Language ( TOEFL ) or the International English Language Testing System ( IELTS ) for applicants from non-English speaking countries, and the GRE or GMAT for all applicants as required by university departments.
- Award recipients who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents must meet exchange visitor ( J-1 visa ) requirements.
How to Apply for East – West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship :
Download application material for the Graduate Degree Fellowship from the East – West Center website www.eastwestcenter.org/gdf. Application forms are valid from 1st July, 2012 to 1st November, 2012 for the succeeding year’s fellowship and includes :
- Graduate Degree Fellowship Application Form
- Essay questions
- Letter of Reference Form ( provide two academic or professional references )
- Letter of Reference for Community Service / Civic Engagement / Extra Curricular Activities Form ( provide one reference )
- Verification of Funds for Expenses Beyond the Scholarship Form
Applications that are postmarked by 1st November, 2012 will be considered for the fellowship. Please take your EWC and UH application forms and essay responses for both applications to the post office or other mail service to be delivered to the East – West Center.
If you mail your application close to the deadline, be sure to obtain a receipt as proof that it was accepted by the mail service. If you plan to personally deliver your application to the East – West Center, please arrive before the Award Services Office closes at 4:30 p.m.
East – West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship Application Deadline :
Last date for submission of applications in 1st November, 2012.
East – West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship Program for Masters and Doctoral degrees (2012)
Scholarships Related : East-West Center Graduate Degree Scholarship, East West Center Awards, East West Centre Scholarship 2013, East – West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship Program 2012, India, Masters Scholarship Program, Scholarship for PhD Students in India, PhD Fellowships for Indian Students, Masters and PhD Scholarships, India Scholarships 2013, India Scholarships 2012, Postgraduate Fellowships 2012, Scholarships for Indian Students, Scholarship in India 2012,
Posted In scholarships : Leave a response for east – west center graduate degree fellowship program 2012, india by sharon