If you have a hunger to deal with latest scientific and technological inventions, this advertisement may be for you.
The Department of Science and Technology had launched a scholarship scheme in the year 2002 for women having science qualifications for training in the area of intellectual property rights, especially in patent searches, understanding of patent specification and preparation of technology scan report.
Looking at the overwhelming response received in previous years, DST is continuing the scheme this year too.
Long Term Objectives
1. Empower the talented and skilled women who have studied science, engineering and medicine to contribute effectively in the advancement of science and technology in the country.
2. Develop a pool of women in India ready to undertake scientific and technical aspects of intellectual property rights.
Short Term objectives
1. Train talented and skilled women who have studied science, engineering and medicine in patent searches and other aspects of intellectual property rights enabling them to seek specialized employment or be self employed.
2. Develop a core of professionals for preparing specialized reports such as technology scan based on patent information.
3. Develop a pool of resource persons in intellectual property rights for conducting workshops on IPR.
1. Candidates should be M.Sc/ Ph.D in physical sciences, chemical sciences, life sciences or B.Tech. or B.E/ M.Tech or MBBS/ MS/ MD/MVSc/ BPharma/ MPharma with good academic record. Candidates with higher qualification can also apply.
2. Candidates should have a good familiarity with computers in handling databases, surfing the net and information searches. 3. Candidates with research experience, preparing project reports and experience of thesis writing will be preferred.
Candidates should not be more than 50 years of age.
The scholarship will be admissible for a period of one year and the amount of scholarship will be maximum of Rs.10, 000 per month for candidates having M.Sc or B.Tech or MBBS or B.Pharma and a maximum of Rs.15, 000 per month for Ph.D/ M.Tech/ M.Pharma / MVSc and M.S/ M.D.
Training will be implemented by three agencies, namely, Technology Information, Forecasting & Assessment Council (TIFAC), Delhi; Centre for Cooperation in Science & Technology among Developing Countries (CCSTDS), Chennai and Unit for Research & Development of Information Products (URDIP), Pune.
The selected candidates may be attached with firms/ institutions for on the job training and these firms/ institutions may not be in these three cities (but will be in and around these cities). These firms/ institutions will be specialized agencies dealing with intellectual property rights and attorneys firms. Post scholarship placement is not the responsibility of TIFAC.
Selection will be through a written test and interview. Short listed candidates, meeting the eligibility criteria, will be called for the written test. A further shortlisting of the candidates will be done after the written test for the purpose of interview and such successful candidates will be informed.
Written examination will be held in three centers, namely, Delhi, Chennai and Pune simultaneously on the same date. Similarly, interviews of short listed candidates will be held at these centers. Each candidate must indicate her preference for the center in her application.
(a) Application must be sent in the format given in the end of the advertisement otherwise it will be rejected.
(b) No column should be left blank. Write NA/ NIL if no details are available.
(c) Do not attach copies of the certificates along with the application
(d) Photograph duly signed by the applicant must be affixed on the space provided in the application form.
(e) Applications send through email will not be entertained. Candidates should send application by post.
Date for submission of Application
The application should reach the center opted for, within one month of the publication of the advertisement in the newspaper, at the following addresses;
Patent Facilitating Centre
Technology Information, Forecasting & Assessment Council (TIFAC)
Vlshwakarma Bhavan, A-Wing, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg
New Delhi 110016 Tel: 011 26592815, 26592802, 26592803, 26967458 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Centre for Cooperation in Science & Technology among Developing Countries (CCSTDS)
2, Gandhi Mandapam Road,
Chennai-600025 Tel: 044-24430228, 24419466, 24901367 E-mail: email@example.com
Unit for Research & Development of Information Products (URDIP)
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research
Paud Road, Kothrud
Pune-411038 Tel: 020 25382296, 25383557-58, 25387209 E-rnail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
(a) Since the scholarship is strictly for a period of one year, no long leave (barring exceptional cases) shall be permitted during this tenure.
(b) No leave will be granted for completing/ writing thesis if presently enrolled for Ph.D
(c) Candidates should be prepared for relocating themselves for training.