Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships for Doctoral Studies
The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund offers scholarships for duration of upto 2 years to the following categories of candidates:
Indian Nationals for Ph.D studies in India
Nationals of other Asian countries for Ph.D studies in India.
Eligibility conditions for candidates are :
Should possess Post Graduate degree in First Class.
Should not be above 35 years of age.
Should be full-time Ph.D Scholar.
Should already be registered for Ph.D Degree at an Indian University / Institution at the time of making the application for scholarship.
Broad subjects of study relate to:
1. Science and Technology as an integral component of economic and social activity, including the Philosophy of Science.
2. Comparative Studies in Religion and Culture.
3. International Relations and Constitutional Studies.
4. Indian History, Civilization and Culture.
5. Interface of Social Change and Economic Development.
6. Environmental Ecology and Sustainable Development.
7. Studies in the life and work of Jawaharlal Nehru.
The scholarship amount admissible to selected candidates will include Rs.9000/- per month as tuition fee & maintenance allowance, and Rs.12, 000/- per annum as contingency expenses including travel expenses.
Application form can be obtained from by sending a postal / money order of Rs.50/- in the name of "Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund" payable at New Delhi
The Administrative Officer,
Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund,
Teen Murti House,
Completed application forms should reach the Fund Office latest by 31st May, 2008.