In association with Hitachi Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, The Hindu invites applications for scholarships for technical training in Japan. The number of scholarships will be three. The terms and conditions are as follows:
1. Candidates who must be Indian Citizens, should not have completed 30 years of age on 31-03-2008 and should be in possession of the minimum Degree of B.E., or B.Sc. (Engg.) or its equivalent from any recognized University. Candidates who have already had practical experience in the branches, for which training is proposed to be given, will be given preference. Candidates with at least one year's professional experience need apply. Those who were interviewed in previous years for the Scholarships need not apply again.
2. The scholarships are tenable in Japan for principally six months commencing about July 2008. Trainees may have general training in one of the following product fields of Hitachi Ltd., (Hitachi) for example (1) Information & Telecommunication Systems, (2) Power & Industrial Systems, (3) Digital Media Products, being subject to the convenience of each of Hitachi's establishments.
3. Trainees shall be during their training, under the supervision and direction of Hitachi, which has full discretion on scope, mode, duration and place of establishment of their training. Training will not be available in the R&D activities of Hitachi. They will be subject to the rules and regulations and the discipline of the establishment to which they are posted.
4. Selected trainees will be provided with return Economy Class air passage. Arrangements will also be made for free Boarding and Lodging for trainees in Japan and to defray all expenses for travelling in Japan which may be considered necessary for their training. In addition, each trainee will be paid a monthly fixed allowance to cover his personal expenses.
5. Parents or Guardians of selected candidates shall guarantee their good conduct and shall undertake to pay for their repatriation should their conduct be found unsatisfactory by Hitachi Ltd., or any public authority in Japan or in case the selected candidates desire to discontinue their studies in Japan for any reason whatsoever during the period of their scholarship.
6. Applications should be made in duplicate in the forms available on payment of Rs.5/- from the offices of The Hindu given below.
New Delhi: 3rd Floor, PTI Building, 4, Parliament Street, New Delhi -110 001.
Kolkatta: 11, Government Place East, I Floor, Kolkatta - 700 069.