Karnataka State Women’s University News
Six new courses introduced at Karnataka State Women’s University
The Karnataka State Women’s University has seen increase in admission to post – graduate and under – graduate courses in various colleges affiliated to it this year.
Vice – Chancellor Meena Chandavarkar said that in 2012, a total of 875 students were admitted to various courses in the university colleges, but this year the number has gone up to 1370. According to her, the university has a total of 90 colleges affiliated to it and the admission intake has increased to 23,000 this year. It was 17,000 last year.
The university has also introduced six new courses — Msc in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Statistics and MA in Political Science — from this academic year. The university has also signed a memorandum of understanding with the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Bangalore, for starting a PG course in arts from the next academic year.
On the occasion of the 10th anniversary, the university has chalked out a number of plans which include holding all India women’s universities athletic meet at the newly – constructed stadium. The construction work will be completed shortly at a cost of Rs 2.30 lakh.
On the occasion of the annual Siddheshwar fair in January, a three – day exhibition of products produced by the women has been organized.
Women’s cooperative banks and voluntary organizations will exhibit their products in the exhibition.
KSWU Bijapur opens PG & PG Diploma Admission
Karnataka State Women’s University ( KSWU ), Bijapur invites application for admission in to Post – Graduate Degree / PG Diploma & Certificate programmes for the academic Year 2012 – 13.
The Courses are offered in :
Postgraduate Courses are :
- M.A in Kannada / English / Hindi / Urdu
- M.A in Sociology / Political Science / Economics / Women Studies / Master of Social Work ( MSW ) Library and Information Science ( MLISc ) / Journalism and Mass Communication
- M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Bio – Informatics / Electronics / Computer Science / Bio – Technology / Food Processing and Nutrition / Physics / Mathematics / Botany/ Statistics / Chemistry
- Master of Commerce ( M.Com )
- Master of Education ( M.Ed ) ( Two semester ), Physical Education ( M.P.Ed ) ( Four semester ) / Bachelor of Physical Education ( B.P.Ed ) ( Two semester )
- Master of Business Administration ( M.B.A ) & Master of Computer Application ( MCA ) ( Four semester )
P G Diploma : One Year Course ( Two Semester ) :
- P G Diploma in Computer Application
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Studies
Certificate Course ( Six Months ) :
- Library Science ( C.Lib)
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Studies
- Yoga Studies
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with 45% ( 40% for SC / ST ) from a recognized university. For more details Please http://www.kswu.ac.in/index.php
How to Apply :
- The application form can be obtained from the office of Karnataka State Women’s University by paying 350 / – ( 175 / – for SC / ST ) in cash.
- The DD / Challan should be drawn in favor of Finance Officer, Karnataka State Women’s University, Jnana Shakti Campus, Torvi Bijapur.
Important Dates :
- Last date for the submission for application form is 16th August, 2012.
- Last date for the submission for application form with late fee of 150 / – is 25th August, 2012.
Contact Details :
Karnataka State Women’s University,
Bijapur – 586108.
Phone : 08352 – 229051.
KSWU launches Distance Education Program
As the number of literate men and women is too low in Bijapur district, a distance education program launched by the Karnataka State Women’s University (KSWU) will play a vital role in providing higher education to people, said Gulbarga M.R. Medical College Managing Director P.S. Shankar.
Speaking after inaugurating the distance education program launched by the Karnataka State Women’s University in association with the Sharada Vikas Trust of Bangalore here on Thursday, he said that compared to men, the number of women opting for higher education is low owing to their involvement in household works.
Instead of discontinuing their education after getting married, women can continue their education through the distance education program launched by the KSWU and get their degrees.
As the private companies are giving priority for recruiting women employees, the distance education programs would be helpful to them in getting better jobs and other facilities, he said.
Sharada Vikas Trust president D.V. Venkatachalapathi stated that the distance education program would provide an opportunity to students to study 93 subjects in five different segments.
Presiding over the function, Karnataka State Women’s University Vice-Chancellor Geeta Bali said that the intention of launching the distance education program was to provide opportunities for all to get higher education.
As only six per cent of women in the country are getting higher education, this move of the university would help in enabling more women to opt for higher education.
KSWU Registrar S.A. Khazi, distance education centre director H.M. Hemlatha and Syndicate member Refiq Bhandari were present.
Karnataka State Women’s University News – PG & PG Diploma Admission, Distance Education Program
News Related : KSWU New Courses, KSWU Bijapur, Karnataka State Women's University Bijapur, Karnataka State Women’s University News, KSWU Bijapur Admission, KSWU Bijapur PG Admission, KSWU PG Courses Admission, KSWU PG Diploma Courses Admission, KSWU Certificate Courses, KSWU PG Diploma Courses, KSWU Bijapur PG Application, Higher Education in Karnataka, M.R. Medical College, Distance Education in India, Distance Education Programs, Sharada Vikas Trust, News Articles, Educational News, Updated News Particulars about Schools, College, University, Education Related Articles,
Posted In news : Leave a response for karnataka state women’s university news by poornima