Medical college gets nod to admit students
The Medical Council of India ( MCI ) has given a ‘Letter of Permission’ to Indira Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute to admit second batch of students for 2011 – 2012.
College officials said that confirmation about the MCI’s decision came early on 27th June, 2011. The institute would now be able to admit a total of 150 students for the coming academic year.
However, not all seats would be filled through the Centralised Admissions Committee ( CENTAC ). Officials said that 15 per cent of seats would be allotted to the Central government, which would conduct an all – India entrance examination to admit students.
The government would also allot another 15 per cent of the 150 seats to NRI students, admissions to which would be conducted directly by the college.
Therefore, a total of 30 per cent or 45 seats would be unavailable for students through CENTAC counselling process.
Officials, however, said that if the 45 seats set aside for the NRI and Central quota do not get filled before the second phase of counselling, they would then be included in the CENTAC admissions process for other students to compete.
They also said that counselling process is expected to begin anytime after 10th July, 2011.
Indira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute – IGMCRI Admission 2013
Department of Community Medicine,
Puducherry – 605 009,
Official : 0413 2277552,
Mobile No. : 09442248895,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.igmcri.com.
Indira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Puducherry invites application for admission to 4th Short Course on Basics of Epidemiology & Biostatistics and 3rd Short Course on Research Methodology 2013.
Scope of the short course :
- This four day course is intended to train Researchers / Medical professionals in basics of Epidemiology and Biostatistics as applied to research in medical field. The idea of the short course is to introduce a number of basic concepts and techniques that would help participants get initiated into the fascinating world of epidemiology and biostatistics.
Course Content :
- Course schedule is divided into lectures and hands on sessions. The topics that will be covered are :
- Detailed course schedule will be emailed to the final list of participants one week before the course.
- Participants are expected to prepare a pre-proposal by the end of the course – Study Designs Basics in Epidemiology / Biostatistics Sample size calculation Random Sampling and Randomization Bias, Confounding and Chance Association v/s Causation Statistical tests.
How to select / frame a research question?
- Literature search, Data Collection Methods, Ethics in research, Referencing, How to read a scientific paper, Publishing research, Presentation of the proposal.
- Lecture hall, 3rd floor, College building, Indira Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Puducherry – 605 009.
IGMCRI Puducherry Course Duration :
- 4 days, 16th November, 2013 to 19th November, 2013 ( 9 AM to 4 PM ).
- Course Fee : 3000. Payment should be made in full by Demand Draft ( DD ).
How to register for the course?
- DD should be in favour of “Finance Officer, IGMC&RI, Puducherry”, payable at Puducherry and posted to the contact address mentioned in the brochure.
- Course fee and filled application form should reach the following address :
Indira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute,
Department of Community Medicine,
Puducherry – 605 009.
Who can register?
- Faculty, and post graduate students pursuing MD / MS / MDS / DNB / PhD.
Study Material :
- Participants will be provided with study material. They are requested to bring their laptops for the course.
Important Note :
- Last date for IGMCRI Short Course application is : 2nd November, 2013.
- Once registered for the course, the fee will not be refunded.
- The number of participants for the course is limited to 25 and admission will be purely on first come first serve basis.
- Certificate and receipt for course fee would be provided at the end of the course.
- Working lunch and refreshment will be provided.
- Participants are requested to make their own arrangement for accommodation, breakfast and dinner.