Information bank for Entrance Exams and Career Guidance Manipal University
Home Products Exams Date Educational News Admission Notification GK Scholarships Online Entrance Exam Forum Jobs

IIIT to commence classes from July 12


IIIT to commence classes from July 12

The admission process to fill 3,000 seats in the International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) at Idupulapaya, Basar and Nuzvid of Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies has commenced and the list of eligible candidates will be announced by June 25.

As many as 26,492 SSC qualified students applied for admission into the IIITs, which were established with the objective of bringing technical education within the reach of meritorious rural students with 85 per cent of seats reserved for them and remaining 15 per cent to students in urban areas.

Seats Reduced

Technical Education Minister M. Venkata Ramana Rao told reporters here on Thursday that last year 32,000 applications were received for 6,000 seats.

This year, the government reduced the seats by 50 per cent citing lack of inadequate infrastructure.

The applications were in final stage of verification and 1,700 applications with incomplete information and errors were sent back to students concerned to be submitted back by June 18, last day for submission.

After verification of certificates on July 9 and 10, classes would commence from July 12, six weeks ahead than that of last year, Mr. Ramana Rao said.

IIIT to commence classes from July 12

Related Web Pages
News Bloggs

Disclaimer


Copyright © 2007 - 2010 Genuine Infotech Private Limited - Software Development and Software Outsourcing Company in India
Feel free to Contact us  for your Outsourcing Software development Job Work from India