Mr. Limbavali told on Tuesday that the Government would write to the AICTE stating that these 50 students be spared of any inconvenience. "We do not want the students to suffer," he said.
He accused the AICTE of bungling the admissions and causing inconvenience to the students in the State. Meanwhile, Kammavari Sangham Group of Institutions (Mallasandra) and Bangalore Technological Institute (Sarajapur Road) in Bangalore were added to the seat matrix on Tuesday.
The engineering admissions have been a confusing affair, what with the first round being delayed by over three weeks due to delay in granting of approvals to engineering colleges. The KEA claims that in the seat matrix it received from the AICTE, the extra seats had been mentioned.
"We will try our best that these seats be retained, at least for the 50 students who have already taken admissions," KEA officials said.
The Minister also brought up the issue of a single CET, one which has been a pet subject of the Government. Earlier this year, the Government's attempts to do away with a separate entrance for entry to private colleges, conducted by the ComedK, had failed after private college managements opposed the idea.
"As soon as the CET is over this year we will try our best to convince the college managements. After all, it is in the interests of the students and will reduce the burden on professional college aspirants," he said. The Government will also come up with the new CET Act by the end of this year.
The two committees that have been formed, one for fee fixation and the other for grievance redressal, are working to evolve a better system, he said.
AICTE denounced of fumbling Engineering Admissions