Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences - MGPGI PGDEE Entrance Exam 2016
Pondicherry Dental College and Hospital was established in the year 1990. It was rechristened as Mahatma Gandhi Dental College and Hospital by the then Lt. Governor, Her Excellency late Dr. ( Tmt. ) Rajendra Kumari Bajpai in the year 1995. It was renamed and upgraded to Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences on 08.09.2005. It is proposed to develop the Institute on par with other leading Medical Institutes in the country like AIIMS – New Delhi, PGI – Chandigarh, SGPGI – Lucknow.
MGPGI Entrance Exam 2016
Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences invites applications from the eligible candidates for admission to BDS Course for the academic session 2016 – 2017.
MGPGI BDS 2016 Course Details
The sanctioned intake for the under graduate ( BDS ) course is 40 seats under the following categories.
- Puducherry Domicile – 29
- Non – Resident Indians / NRI Sponsored / Foreign students – 5
- All India Quota – 6
The selection of the candidates under the Puducherry domicile category is made purely on merit basis by the Centralized Admissions Committee ( CENTAC ), Government of Puducherry based on the marks arrived at by adopting the ‘method of normalization’.
The seats allotted under the All India Quota are filled in by the candidates sponsored by the Director General of Health Services ( DGHS ), Government of India through the Entrance Examination conducted on All India basis.
The admission under the NRI / NRI sponsored / Foreign students are made on merit basis adopting the ‘method of normalization’. The duration of the BDS course is five ( 5 ) academic years including one year Internship.
The BDS degree is awarded by the Pondicherry ( Central ) University after successful completion of the course.
MGPGI BDS Admission Procedure 2016
(a) Basic Requirements for MGPGI BDS 2016 Admission :
1. Five seats ( 5 ) of the BDS Course at Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences ( MGPGI ) are permitted to be filled in by Non – Resident Indians / NRI sponsored / Foreign students for the academic year 2016 – 2017.
2. Admissions under the above mentioned category are made to the I year BDS course based on the marks obtained by the student in HSC Biology / Botany & Zoology, Physics and Chemistry including practicals. When more than one candidate have got the same marks in the common merit list ( i.e. the merit list prepared after merging normalized marks of candidates from various Boards ), the ‘inter – semerit’ among such candidates, for each course shall be determined “in the order of priority” as specified below :
- Percentage of actual marks in Biology / Botany & Zoology.
- Percentage of actual marks in Physics.
- Percentage of actual marks in Chemistry.
- Total normalized marks of all eligible subjects prescribed for the course.
- Date of Birth.
3. The fee of the MGPGI BDS 2015 Application Form is 2000/- or equivalent in US Dollars by Demand Draft only.
4. All payments shall be made by crossed Demand Draft only, drawn in favour of “Dean, Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry”, payable at State Bank of India, Puducherry.
5. The MGPGI BDS 2016 Admission Fee shall be US $20,000.00 and amount should be paid in US $ by Demand Draft only. Besides, the admission fee, annual tuition fee of 1.00 lakh ( Rupees one lakh only ) is payable every year. The admission Fee as well as annual tuition fee should be paid immediately when the candidate is selected for admission.
6. University Recognition fee / Examination fee / Development fee and Sports fee or any such other fee prescribed by the Pondicherry Central University shall be borne by the student.
7. If any candidate fails to join the course or discontinues the course at any time, the fees once paid shall not be refunded in any case and they will get their certificates back only after paying the fees for the remaining part of the course.
8. Candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December, 2015. No upper age limit is prescribed.
9. Candidates for admission to the BDS degree course under NRI / NRI Sponsored / Foreign Students should have a pass in the Higher Secondary examination ( Academic ) conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of any State Board i.e. 12th standard or any other equivalent examination thereto as recognized by the Pondicherry Central University, candidate for admission to BDS course must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination. NRI / NRI Sponsored / Foreign Students shall be treated as general category only.
10. The following certificates shall be submitted alongwith the application for admission.
- Birth Certificates / SSLC Marklist / Proof of Date of Birth.
- Higher Secondary Marklist / XII Marklist.
- Transfer Certificate issued by the Institution last studied.
- Foreign students should hold / produce valid visa obtained from the concerned Indian Mission abroad.
- Caste certificate from the Competent authority obtained or after 1st April, 2015.
- Xerox copy of NRI Status Certificate of the Financial Supporter issued by the embassy of respective country under their seal.
- NRI Bank Account Pass Book of the financial supporter.
- Passport of the Financial Supporter.
- Nativity Certificate of Financial Supporter.
11. The application in the prescribed form complete in all respects alongwith copies of all certificates / documents should reach on or before 30th June, 2016 by 5:00 PM to the following address :
The office of the Dean,
Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences,
Indira Nagar, Puducherry – 605 006.
12. MGPGI BDS 2016 Applications which are incomplete, defective or received after the due date shall summarily be rejected and no correspondence shall be entertained this regard.
13. It would be convenient if the candidates arrange themselves to receive any communication by post in India.
14. Foreign National ( students ) shall follow the directions issued by the Government of India from time to time wherever applicable to them.
15. Candidates provisionally selected for admission shall be intimated under certificate of posting. No communications shall be sent to the applicant not selected and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
16. The candidates who are provisionally selected should bring all certificates / documents in original at the time of admission, failing which the provisional admission offered shall be cancelled. Candidates are advised to take enough numbers of photocopies of the documents before submitting the original documents to this institution.
17. All admissions made are provisional and subject to the approval of the Pondicherry Central University.
18. The candidates may be called for counseling if necessary. Having been called for admission / counseling does not necessarily means acceptance of eligibility for admission.
19. Candidates who are provisionally selected for admission should themselves get medically examined by the Medical Board, Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry and produce a Medical Fitness Certificate in original at the time of admission.
20. The classes for I BDS Course shall commence from Second Week of August, 2016 ( subject to change ).
21. The Institute has excellent hostel facilities for boys and girls separately. Hostel accommodation will be subject to availability of accommodation for which Hostel fees shall be paid separately.
22. Any further details about the Institution can be obtained from the institute website : www.mgpgi.puducherry.gov.in.
- Candidates shall themselves ensure that they are eligible for the admission before the application is submitted. The admission of any candidate not possessing he required and recognized qualification either based on false certificates or by oversight shall be liable to be cancelled and the candidate shall have no cause for grievance.
MGPGI BDS 2016 Important Dates
|Last date for submission of filled in application||30th June, 2016|
|I BDS Course commences on||2nd Week of August, 2016
( Subject to Change )
To know more about MGPDI BDS Entrance Exam Click Here
Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences,
Government of Puducherry Institution,
Pondicherry – 605 006,
Telephone no : 91 – 413 – 2279601 to 606,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : mgpgi.puducherry.gov.in
medical entrance exam - mgpgi -