MGM SSET Entrance Exam 2016
MGM SSET Entrance Exam 2016 GMIHS will conduct Superspeciality Entrance Examination ( MGM SSET 2016 ). The merit list of this entrance examination ( MGM SSET 2016 ) will be used for selection of candidates for admission to all DM & Mch Superspeciality Courses at the Medical Colleges in Navi Mumbai and Aurangabad for the academic year 2016 – 2017.
MGM SSET Exam Schedule 2016
a. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the examination unless he / she holds an Admit Card issued by the Competent Authority.
b. The MGM SSET Entrance Examination will be conducted on Saturday, 23rd July, 2016.
c. Time of Examination is 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM The time of reporting by the candidate at the examination centre shall be 9:15 AM At the end of paper, the candidate will hand over the OMR answer sheet and question booklet to the concerned invigilator.
d. All eligible candidates are required to take MGM SSET 2016 at their own cost.
MGM SSET Exam Eligibility 2016
A candidate will be eligible for MGM SSET 2016 for selection / admission to a Course in Superspeciality, if he / she fulfills following conditions:
1. The candidate must be an Indian national.
2. The candidate must possess recognized post graduate degree MD / MS ( or its equivalent ) from a medical college recognized by MCI. Candidates who have appeared MD / MS or equivalent examinations are also eligible to submit application forms. However, they will be considered for selection, on production of passing certificate of Post Graduation Degree on the date of preference form filling and counseling.
3. A permanent MCI / Maharashtra Medical Council ( MMC ) / any other State Council registration is a precondition for appearing for MGM SSET 2016.
4. The minimum percentage of marks secured by the candidates in the MGM SSET 2015 for the purpose of eligibility for admission to Superspeciality Courses shall be 50% for all the candidates.
5. A candidate who has already acquired a Superspeciality degree Course in any one discipline and who has already completed the Course is not eligible to apply for any other discipline.
6. Candidates who are presently undergoing Superspeciality Course in one discipline are not eligible to apply for any other discipline.
Following table shows the prerequisite qualifications for DM / MCh courses,
7. DM Course Prerequisite Qualification(s)
|Course Name||Prerequisite Qualification(s)|
|MD ( Medicine ) /
MD ( Paediatrics ) /
MD ( Respiratory Medicine* )
MD ( Medicine ) /
MD ( Pediatrics ) /
|MCh||MCh Plastic Surgery
|MS ( Surgery )|
*MD ( Respiratory Medicine ) includes Tuberculosis and Respiratory Medicine and / or Pulmonary Medicine and / or TB and Chest Diseases.
8. The candidate must be medically fit
9. The candidate having other state’s Medical Council registration should register with Maharashtra Medical Council ( MMC ) / MCI after selection and joining Superspeciality course and its proof should be submitted within a period of one month.
MGM SSET Exam Pattern 2016
1. Candidates should go through the contents of this brochure carefully to acquaint themselves with the provisions laid down and the procedures prescribed thereto.
2. MGM SSET 2016 will be conducted at Navi Mumbai. This examination will consist of one question paper of 150 Multiple Choice Questions, each carrying one mark.
The distribution of MCQ’s is as follows:
|Section A||1||Pre Clinical MBBS Subjects||25|
|2||Para Clinical MBBS Subjects||25|
|3||Clinical MBBS Subjects||50|
|Section B||Subjects of respective Broad Specialties –
( MD or MS )
3. Duration of paper will be of 2 hours & 30 minutes. Medium of examination will be English.
To know more about MGM SSET Entrance Exam Click Here
MGM SSET Exam Centre 2016
MGM Institute of Health Sciences,
Sector – 01, Kamothe,
MGM SSET Application Form 2016
The information Brochure and the Application Form will be available MGMIHS Website : www.mgmuhs.com
The cost of application form of MGM – SSET – 2016 and the examination fee is 2000/- to be payable by a Demand Draft of any scheduled commercial bank drawn in favor of the “ MGM Institute of Health Sciences ” Payable at Mumbai. This amount is not refundable. Brochure and the application forms will not be issued / sent by Post / Courier / Hand.
Downloaded Application Form complete in all respects will be accepted in person / Post / Courier at MGM Institute of Health Sciences, Sector-01, Kamothe, Navi Mumbai up to 16th July, 2016 5:00 PM during office hours.
- Candidate should keep one photo copy of his / her Application Form ( duly filled in ) for future reference
- The Receipt will be issued at the time of acceptance of the form. The candidate is required to preserve the Receipt for all future references.
- No Original Certificates or attested photocopies are required to be submitted along with the application form. However all original certificates should be shown at the time of submission of the application form to decide eligibility.
MGM SSET Admit Card 2016
1. The Admit card will be issued from MGMIHS Office, from 20th July, 2016 during office hours.
2. Issue of admit card is just an enabling provision for appearing for MGM SSET 2016 and does not imply that the candidate satisfies all the requirements of eligibility conditions for admission.
3. In case of loss of admit card, it shall be obligatory on the part of candidate to procure duplicate admit card from the MGMIHS, Navi Mumbai. On the day of examination the duplicate Admit Card will be given at the examination centre not later than one hour before the commencement of examination. Duplicate Admit Card will be issued only on production of Receipt-cum Identity card / sufficient evidence to prove that he / she is the genuine / bonafide candidate.
4. The candidate shall submit only one application form. Submission of more than one form will disqualify the candidate.
To know more about MGM SSET Application Form Click Here
MGM SSET 2016 Reservation Seats
|Seat Available At||Course Name||No. of Seats|
|Navi Mumbai||DM Cardiology||1 Seat|
|MCh CVTSy||1 Seat|
|MCh Urology||1 Seat|
|Aurangabad||a. DM Cardiology||1 Seat|
|b. DM Nephrology||1 Seat|
|c. MCh Plastic Surgery||1 Seat|
|d. MCh CVTS||1 Seat|
|e. MCh Urology||1 Seat|
MGM SSET Selection Process 2016
1. The selection will be made on the basis of preferences given by a candidate. Specified number of eligible candidates as per State Merit Number will be called for counseling and asked to fill the preference form. The candidate should be present personally to fill the preference form. Proxy will not be permitted. Counseling sessions are not meant for instant seat allocation. During these sessions candidates are helped in exercising their preferences for various courses and the institutions. Seat allocation shall be made centrally at a later date on the basis of MGM – SSET – 2016 merit list and preferences exercised by the eligible candidates.
2. MGM SSET Selection Process shall be as follows :
- Specified number of candidates will be called for counseling as per the merit list. All original documents will be scrutinized and the eligibility of the candidate will be ascertained. Preference form will be issued to the eligible candidates.
- The preference form shall be made available to the eligible candidate at the time of Counseling. The candidate shall be allowed to submit only one preference form.
- For filling of vacant seats after first round, same preference form will be considered and no separate preference form will be required to be filled by the candidate. It is made clear that even if a candidate to whom a seat has been allotted in the 1st round wants a betterment of his/her choice. Such a candidate must initially accept the allotment and join the college by completing the necessary formalities as set out by these Rules. If any candidate to whom a seat has been allotted in the 1st round does not join the college and course seat so allotted, it will be presumed that such a candidate is not interested in the admission process and for all further round(s) of admission. Such candidates shall not be considered for allotment of any seat whatsoever. The seat so allotted to such a candidate who does not join, will be presumed to be a vacant seat as on and from the next date after the date set out as the last date for joining the college in terms of such allotment. Such a vacant seat will be allotted in the next round of admission.
- The candidates who have submitted preference form, but are not selected in the first round, are eligible for subsequent vacant seats filling round.
- Based on preferences given, the seat will be allotted on merit and the allotment will be displayed on website of MGMIHS, www.mgmuhs.com
3. The candidates must produce all required original certificates at the time of Counseling and at the time of admission.
A set of attested photocopy of each of the documents should be submitted, as per the list given below :
List of Documents to be Submitted :
(i) Admit Card & Receipt – Cum – Identity Card of MGM SSET 2016.
(ii) MGM SSET 2016 Marksheet.
(iii) Nationality Certificate
(iv) SSC passing certificate / Valid Passport
(v) First, Second and Third MBBS, mark sheets ( Part – I & Part – II wherever applicable )
(vi) Attempt Certificates of All MBBS examinations. ( First, Second, Third [ Part-I, Part-II ] MBBS )
(vii) MD / MS Examination Marksheet / Grade Certificate
(viii) Attempt certificate of MD / MS or it’s equivalent examinations from the head of the institution.
(ix) Registration Certificate ( MCI / MMC / Other State Medical Council )
(x) Certificate from Head of Institute showing that the Medical College / Institute from which the candidate has passed Post Graduate examination is recognized by Medical Council of India and the course is recognized by MCI.
(xi) Medical Fitness Certificate
4. The registration once granted is valid only if the teacher and the Dean are satisfied about regularity and diligent persuasion of studies by the student as well as good conduct.
5. Candidate selected for admission shall be subject to disciplinary rules of MGMIHS.
6. A candidate selected for Superspeciality course will not be allowed to change subject / college / institute / place on mutual basis.
7. In case of dispute in the matter of allotment of seat / course / institution or any other matter pertaining to the provisional selection or cancellation of admission, the decision of the Appellate Authority shall be final and binding.
8. Legal jurisdiction : All disputes pertaining to the conduct of examination and selection shall fall within the jurisdiction of Courts at Mumbai.
To know more about MGM SSET Selection Process Click Here
MGM SSET Results 2016
MGM SSET 2016 Exam Date
MGMIHS Superspeciality Entrance Test will be conducted on 23rd July, 2016.
MGM SSET 2016 Result
MGM SSET 2016 Results likely to be declared in the month of September, 2016.
Please keep watching this page, to check your MGM SSET Results 2016…
To know more about MGM SSET Results Click Here
MGM SSET 2016 Important Dates
|1||Information brochure and application forms available on website.||From 5th July, 2016|
|2||Last date for submission of application form at MGM Institute Health Sciences, Navi Mumbai||16th July, 2016
up to 5:00 pm
|3||Date of Examination & Time||23rd July, 2016
( Saturday )
10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
|4||Centre of examination||MGM Institute of Health Sciences,Sector – 01,
Kamothe, Navi Mumbai
|5||Declaration of Provisional Merit List||Will be Notified on
|6||Last Date of Submission of Application Form for Verification of Marks|
|7||Declaration of Final Merit List|
|8||First round of Counseling at MGMIHS, Navi Mumbai|
|9||Date of Reporting|
|10||Commencement of Academic Session||1st August, 2016|
|11||Last date up to which students can be admitted against vacancies arising due to any reason, as per MCI guidelines||30th August, 2016|
MGM Institute of Health Sciences,
Sector – 1, Kamothe,
Navi Mumbai – 410209,
Telephone no : 022 – 27432471, 022 – 27432994,
Fax : 022 – 27431094,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.mgmuhs.com
medical entrance exam - mgm sset -