Karnataka Post Graduate Entrance Test - Karnataka PGET 2016
Karnataka Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam 2016
The Post Graduate Entrance Test – PGET 2016 is the test prescribed for the purpose of determining the eligibility for admission of students to MD / MS / PG Diploma Courses in Medical subjects for the State Quota seats in Karnataka Government Colleges and Institutions and Karnataka Government Quota seats in Private Medical Colleges / Institutions / Deemed Universities within the State of Karnataka, for the academic year 2016 – 2017.
Karnataka PGET 2016 Exam Schedule
- The examination shall be conducted on March, 2016, which is referred to as the testing window.
- The Entrance Exam is conducted in multiple cities. The exact test centre and city shall be notified to the candidates by way of an admit card only.
- Candidates will be allocated test centers as per random selection option of the software. The admit card can be down loaded from the website using application number and date of birth only.
- Requests for Change of Centre are not Entertained once the candidate has been allotted his / her examination centre. Candidates are advised not to canvass for the same.
Karnataka PGET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
A) Karnataka PGET 2016 Educational Qualifications :
He / She is a citizen of India. He / She has studied and passed in the courses leading to the award of MBBS / BDS Degrees in colleges recognized by Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India, Government of India and affiliated to any University established by law in India and located in Karnataka State; or
Candidate must be of Karnataka origin who has studied MBBS / BDS degrees in colleges outside Karnataka recognized by Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India and Government of India and affiliated to any University established by law in India.
He / She has completed or is completing ‘Compulsory Rotating Internship’ on or before 30th April 2016.
Certificates to be produced :
The candidates should produce the following in Original Certificates along with one set of attested copy of all the required documents at the time of document verification.
- Two Passport Size colour photographs ( photograph uploaded to the NBE / AIIMS examination )
- Photo Identity Proof ( PAN Card / Driving License / Voter ID / Passport / Aadhar Card / Ration Card )
- Admit card & Score Card issued by NBE / AIIMS for medical & Dental respectively.
- SSLC or 10th Standard Marks Card ( For date of birth ).
- 2nd PUC or 12th standard Marks Card of the Candidate.
- Candidates Study Certificate: A study certificate from the Head of educational institution where he or she had studied. Further, School Study Certificates should be counter signed by the concerned Block Education Officer ( BEO ) / Deputy Director of Public Instructions ( DDPI ) COMPULSORILY in the proforma prescribed.
- MBBS / BDS marks card issued by Universities of all phases / years.
- Qualifying degree certificate.
- Certificate of internship completion for candidates who have already completed internship.( Provisional internship completion certificate will be accepted for Candidates completing their internship by 30th April 2015, only for 1st round of counseling.
- State / Central Medical / Dental Council Registration Certificate. ( Candidates who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualification outside India and do not have SMC / MCI registration should bring their original screening test pass certificate issued on NBE letterhead )
- Attempt certificate for having completed the UG Degree issued by concerned college Principals.
B) Qualifying Criteria for PGET – 2016 :
- The eligibility of candidates for admission shall be regulated by Karnataka Conduct of Entrance Test for Selection and Admission to Post Graduate Medical and Dental Degree and Diploma Courses Rules 2006 as amended from time to time and in November 2013, December 2013 and January 2014.
- The KEA is entrusted with document verification for determining the eligibility of the candidates as per the Rules and the allocation of seats as per the Online Seat Allotment and Admission Procedure. The PGET 2015 merit list for Medical & Dental published by National Board of Examination ( NBE ), New Delhi & AIIMS respectively will be taken into consideration for preparation of rank list after verification of original documents and allotment of seats to all eligible Non-In-Service candidates and In-Service candidates for the Karnataka State Quota PG Medical & Dental seats.
- Candidates who obtain a minimum score in the PG Entrance Test conducted by National Board of Examinations, New Delhi as per category below shall be declared as “Qualified” in PGET – 2016.
- >=50% in PGET for “General Merit” candidates
- >=40% in PGET for “Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe & OBC” candidates ( Karnataka )
- >= 45% in PGET for Persons with Disability candidates with locomotor
- Disability of lower limbs between 40% to 70% ( for Medical )
- Marks Secured in PGET (1st Order) – Descending
- In case two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the competitive entrance examination, their inter se merit will be determined according to age, older will get preference over younger.( 2nd Order )
- If candidates have secured same marks in PGET then Total No. of Attempts taken in UG (3rd Order) – Ascending
- If candidates have secured same marks in PGET & same Total No. of attempts taken in UG then % of total marks secured in UG (4th Order) – Descending
- If candidates have secured same marks in PGET, same Total No. of attempts taken in UG & same % of total marks in UG then % of final year marks secured in UG (5th Order)
To know more about Kaenataka PGET Eligibility Click Here
Karnataka PGET Exam Pattern 2016
A. Scheme of Karnataka PGET 2016 Examination :
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computer network.
- The test comprises of 200 Multiple Choices, single correct response questions in English language only.
- Negative marking : There shall be no negative marking.
B. Subject wise Distribution of Questions for Karnataka PET 2016 Entrance Exam is as follows :
( In Numbers )
|19||Obsterics and Gynaecology||20|
To know more about Karnataka PGET Exam Pattern Click Here
Karnataka PGET Syllabus 2016
- The syllabus for the Karnataka PG Medical Entrance Test shall comprise of subjects / knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India.
- Indicative List of content areas as per the Graduate Medical Regulations ( MCI ) is available at the website of MCI ( www.mciindia.org )
- Karnataka PGET 2016 Syllabus : The syllabus, books and reference content will, ordinarily, be equal to the syllabus prescribed for MBBS under MCI Regulations.
Karnataka PGET 2016 Exam Centres
Karnataka PGET 2016 Entrance Examination will be conducted in 11 cities. The list of various cities where Karnataka PGET Examination Centres are located is as under :
- Karnataka PGET 2016 Exam Pattern – Karnataka PGET 2015 Exam Syllabus – Karnataka PGET 2016 Test Scheme
- Gurgaon ( NCR )
The allotment of Karnataka PG Medical Entrance Test Centres shall be done by NBE in an automated manner.
Karnataka PGET Online Application Form 2016
Candidates have to visit KEA Website www.kea.kar.nic.in and download the registration form for admission to PG Courses 2016. Fill all the details in the registration form and pay 1,000/- for General Merit ( 500/- for SC / ST and Cat-I of Karnataka ) after downloading the bank challan. The final printout of the online application form and copy of the challan should be compulsorily submitted along with the other documents at the time of verification.
Karnataka PGET 2016 Online Fee Payment
i. Mode of Karnataka PGET 2016 Exam Fee Payment :
The prescribed Karnataka PGET 2016 Registration Fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India. The details of prescribed fee are as follows :
- Karnataka PGET 2016 Registration Fee for SC / ST / Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) candidates : 500/-
- Karnataka PGET 2016 Registration Fee for all other candidates : 1000/-
ii. Candidates remaining absent from the examination or ineligible will forfeit their examination fee. Candidates are advised to read the rule position carefully and satisfy the terms and conditions for fulfillment of Karnataka PGET Eligibility Criteria before proceeding for payment of fees.
iii. Karnataka PGET 2016 Examination Fees shall neither be refunded nor carried forward if the application for PGET is rejected / candidature is found to be ineligible or candidate is unable to appear in the examination.
Karnataka PGET 2016 Admit Card
- Karnataka PG Entrance Exam 2016 Admit Cards indicating the test centre location, date and time of test shall be uploaded on the website latest by February, 2016.
- Admit Cards for Karnataka PGET 2016 will be available on the website www.kea.kar.nic.in.
To know more about Karnataka PGET Application Form Click Here
Karnataka PG Results 2016
Karnataka PGET 2016 Exam Date
Karnataka Post Graduate Entrance Exam 2016 for MD / MS / PG Diploma Course Exam was conducted on March, 2016
Karnataka PGET 2016 Result
Karnataka PGET Entrance Exam 2016 Results has been declared
To know more about Karnataka PGET Results Click Here
Karnataka PGET 2016 Important Dates
|Online Registration for Karnataka PGET 2016||January, 2016|
|Examination Dates for Karnataka PGET 2016||March, 2016|
|Availability of Karnataka PGET 2016 Online Admit Cards||Last week of February, 2016|
|Declaration of Karnataka MD / MS / PG Diploma Results||March, 2016|
Karnataka Examinations Authority,
Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Bangalore – 560 012.
Telephone no : 080 – 23 460 460
Fax : 080 – 23461576
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.kea.kar.nic.in
medical entrance exam - karnataka pget -