|Home Page||Application Form||Results||Counselling|
JIPMER 2017 BSc Nursing Entrance Exam
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research ( JIPMER ) invites admission Application for BSc ( Nursing ) programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
JIPMER 2017 BSc Nursing Course Offered
BSc Course :
- B.Sc. Nursing
- Bachelor of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology ( BASLP )
- B.Sc. Allied Medical Sciences
|S.No||Name of the Allied Medical Science||S.No||Name of the Allied Medical Science|
|1||Anaesthesia Technology||7||Nuclear Medicine Technology|
|2||Cardiac Laboratory Technology||8||Operation Theatre& Anaesthesia Technology|
|4||MLT in Blood Banking||10||Perfusion Technology|
|5||Medical Technology – Radio-diagnosis||11||Radiotherapy Technology|
|6||Neuro Technology||12||Medical Laboratory Technology|
Course Duration :
B.Sc. Nursing :
The duration of B.Sc Nursing course is a 4 ( Four ) years Degree course and will have only full time students. The students are eligible for 1 ( One ) year optional stipendiary internship at JIPMER on successful completion of the course.
B.Sc. Allied Medical Sciences ( Bachelor of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology ( BASLP ) :
The duration of the course is 4 ( four ) years ( including one ( 1 ) year internship ) and will have only full time students
B.Sc. Allied Medical Sciences :
The duration of B.Sc Allied Medical Sciences course is a 3 ( three ) years course and will have only full time students. At the end of the course, the candidates are eligible for 1 ( One ) year optional stipendiary internship at JIPMER. The Optional stipendiary Internship is subject to approval by competent authority.
JIPMER 2017 Bsc Nursing Eligibility
- The Applicant should be an Indian National
- He / She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2017, the year of his / her admission to the 1st year B.Sc Courses., i.e. they should have been born on or before 1st January, 2001. ( Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants ) .
- No upper age limit.
- The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below:
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology ( which shall include practical tests in these subjects ) and with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education lists the examinations recognized by JIPMER ) or Higher Secondary Examination ( +2 ) Vocational Stream with Medical Laboratory Assistant or any equivalent examination.
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned in the list appended in Annexure – I, will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for admission to JIPMER B.Sc. Courses.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology at the qualifying examination.
- For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology taken together in the qualifying examination is 40%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology taken together in the qualifying examination is 45%.
- Candidates who are studying / have studied Medical Laboratory Assistant in the Vocational Stream will not be considered for B.Sc. ( Nursing ) course.
Note : Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2017 and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission, if other eligibility criteria ( i ) ( ii ) & ( iii ) are satisfied.
JIPMER 2017 Bsc Nursing Reservation Seats
Common Entrance Examination for 153 Seats of the following B.Sc Courses.
- B.Sc. Nursing : 75 Seats ( 8 seats for male and remaining 67 seats for females ) .
- Bachelor of Audiology and Speech : Language Pathology ( BASLP ) – 4 Seats.
- B.Sc. Allied Medical Sciences : 74 Seats.
( The no. of seats in each course is as detailed below )
|Name of the Allied Medical Science||Seats||Name of the Allied Medical Science||Seats|
|Anaesthesia Technology||04||Nuclear Medicine Technology||04|
|Cardiac Laboratory Technology||04||Operation Theatre& Anaesthesia Technology||04|
|MLT in Blood Banking||04||Perfusion Technology||04|
|Medical Technology –Radio-diagnosis||04||Radiotherapy Technology||04|
|Neuro Technology||04||Medical Laboratory Technology ( M.L.T )||30|
Vertical Reservation :
|Category||B.Sc Nursing||BASLP||B.Sc AMS||Total|
|General ( UR )||22||3||39||64|
Horizontal Reservation :
|Category||B.Sc Nursing||B.Sc AMS||Total|
Male Candidates :
|Category||B.SC Nursing Course|
|Male Candidates ( 10% of the Total Seats ( 75 ) )||8 seats Only|
|Total||8 seats Only|
The number and distribution of seats may vary depending upon the periodic directives / decisions from Competent Authorities.
JIPMER 2017 Bsc Nursing Exam Scheme
- The examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY.
- The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 100 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects.and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below :
- The questions for JIPMER B.Sc Course Entrance Examination 2017 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
- Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer based Test ( online examination ) . Link for mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website JIPMER B.Sc Entrance Examination – 2017 link.
|4||English Language and Comprehension||10|
|5||Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
JIPMER 2017 Bsc Nursing Exam Pattern
|1||Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test ( CBT ) [ Online ]|
|2||Duration of Examination||1½ hours ( One Hour and Thirty Minutes )|
|3||Date of Examination||Sunday, 25th June, 2017|
|4||Number of Shifts||Single Shift|
|5||Timing of Examination||Single Shift :- 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM|
|6||Location of Examination Centres||Tentatively 7 cities in India|
|7||Language of Paper||English|
|8||Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|9||Number of Questions||One Paper of 100 ( One Hundred ) Questions|
|10||Type of Objective Questions||Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQs )|
|11||Distribution of Questions||Physics||20|
|English Language & Comprehension||10|
|Logical &Quantitative Reasoning||10|
|12||Marking Scheme||Correct Answer||One Mark ( + ) 1|
|Marked for Review||0|
|13||Eligibility scoring ( Percentile )||UR & P-UR||50|
|SC / ST / OBC-OPH & P-OBC / P-SC||40|
|14||Method of determining merit||Overall merit by Percentiles of Total scores|
|15||Method of resolving ties||In the following order|
|Percentile in Biology|
|Percentile Chemistry Percentile in Physics|
|Percentile in English Language and Comprehension|
|Percentile in Logical|
|Quantitative Reasoning Seniority by age|
JIPMER 2017 Bsc Nursing Exam Centres
- The examination centres are tentatively proposed in 7 cities all over India. List of Cities is as mentioned below
- Applicant can opt only for Three Exam Cities.
- The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by applicant during on-line registration on a FIRST-CUM-FIRST served basis.
- Normally the first preference would be allotted. JIPMER, depending upon local conditions, reserves the right to allot any other Exam City other than the preferences given by the applicant.
- NO request for change of center would be considered under any circumstances.
- The Exam City preference is only indicative and subject to change; Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research retains the final decision on the same and its allotment.
- If seats for Entrance Exam are unavailable in the chosen 3 exam cities, nearby ( exam ) cities will be considered for venues.
- In case of any unforeseen circumstances the Exam City can be cancelled at any point of time and a new Exam City can be allotted en bloc with due intimation in website / text message.