JIPMER 2017 MBBS Entrance Exam
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education Research ( JIPMER ) invites admission Application for MBBS programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
JIPMER 2017 MBBS Course Duration
Duration of the MBBS course is 4 years and 6 months as per the Academic Calendar of JIPMER followed by One year of Compulsory Rotatory Internship for award of Degree.
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- The Applicant should be an Indian National / Overseas Citizen of India.
- He / She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2017, the year of his / her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S., i.e. they should have been born on or before 1st January, 2001. ( Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants ).
- No upper age limit.
The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below :
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology ( which shall include practical tests in these subjects ) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI / NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination.
- For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination is 40%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 45%.
Note : Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2017 and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission, if other eligibility criteria ( i ) ( ii ) & ( iii ) are satisfied.
Please note that issue of hall ticket for the Entrance Examination does NOT necessarily mean the acceptance of eligibility for candidates whose results of qualifying examinations are yet to be declared.
JIPMER 2017 MBBS Seats Distribution
Common Entrance Examination for 200 Seats ( 150 seats at JIPMER, Puducherry + 50 seats at JIPMER, Karaikal ).
Vertical Reservation :
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
|General ( UR )||50||15||65|
|P – UR||23||7||30|
|P – OBC||11||5||16|
|P – SC||6||2||8|
|NRI / OCI||5||1||6|
Horizontal Reservation :
|JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
|P – OPH||1||-||1|
To know more about JIPMER MBBS Eligibility Click Here
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Entrance Exam Pattern
- The examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY.
- The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2017 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
- Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer based Test ( online examination ). Link for mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2017 link.
- The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 200 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects.
The distribution of no. of question is as detailed below :-
|S.No||Subject||No. of Questions|
|4||English Language and Comprehension||10|
|5||Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
To know more about JIPMER MBBS Exam Pattern Click Here
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Application Form
- Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination are required to apply on-line mode only. ( Any other mode of application will not be accepted. )
- Log on to link in the Home page www.jipmer.edu.in. and navigate to the link “Apply on-line MBBS admission – 2017”.
- Read the prospectus and instruction carefully.
- The flow chart for filling application on – line given as Appendix in the Prospectus.
- The candidate should acquaint himself / herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application on-line.
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Application Form Fee
Application fees for each category as mentioned below to be paid by the candidate using ANY ONE of the following mode of payment.
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
|1||General ( UR ) & P -UR||1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|2||OBC & P – OBC||1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|3||SC / ST & P – SC||1,000 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|4||NRI / OCI||2,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|5||OPH & P – OPH||Exempted From Application Fees|
Applications shall be rejected in the following situations :
- Candidates who fail to fulfill the prescribed age limit for admission.
- Candidates who fail to obtain the minimum stipulated marks in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary or + 2 ) ( vide prospectus page number 9 ).
- Candidates who have applied under Non-Creamy Layer OBC Category and whose sub-caste NOT listed in the current Central OBC List and who’s Certificate has NOT been submitted in the prescribed format from the Competent Authority.
- The candidates who have applied under SC / ST Categories WITHOUT valid Certificate as in the prescribed format from the Competent Authority.
- The Candidates who have applied under PUDUCHERRY status with NO valid proof as mentioned in the prospectus page number 8.
- Non submission of OCI Registration Certificate issued by Competent Authority.
JIPMER 2017 Hall Tickets
- Hall Tickets for the Entrance Examination shall be available for download to candidates whose applications are complete in all respects, from 22nd May, 2017 ( Monday ) 10.00 AM onwards.( Tentative )
- The Hall Ticket will contain
- Name and date of birth as typed by the candidate in the application
- Photo and signature image as uploaded by the candidate
- Examination City allotted and Roll Number.
- NO change in the category / age / name / DOB ( Date of Birth ) will be entertained after submission of application. The candidates in such case have to apply afresh before the closing date.
- Request for rectification / change of any other details in the hall ticket shall NOT be considered under any circumstance.
- Candidates will NOT be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination unless he / she produce the hall ticket from the JIPMER website at the exam centres along with ID proof in original & a photocopy of the same.
To know more about JIPMER MBBS Application Form Click Here
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Exam Centres
- The examination centres are tentatively proposed in 75 cities all over India.
- Applicant can opt only for Three Exam Cities..
- The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by applicant during on-line registration on a FIRST – CUM – FIRST served basis.
- Normally the first preference would be allotted. JIPMER, depending upon local conditions, reserves the right to allot any other Exam City other than the preferences given by the applicant.
- NO request for change of center would be considered under any circumstances.
- The Exam City preference is only indicative and subject to change; Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research retains the final decision on the same and its allotment.
- If seats for Entrance Exam are unavailable in the chosen 3 exam cities, nearby ( exam ) cities will be considered for venues.
- In case of any unforeseen circumstances the Exam City can be cancelled at any point of time and a new Exam City can be allotted en bloc with due intimation in website / text message.
Exam Cities for MBBS Entrance Examination 2017 :
|S.No||Exam Centre||S.No||Exam Centre||S.No||Exam Centre|
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Selection Procedure
- The response of the candidate for a question ( s ), on click of “submit button” before closing of examination shall be considered as the response chosen by the candidate.
- Questions that are answered will be considered as answered
- Marked for review” will be considered as not answered
- Each answer with correct response shall be awarded four marks.
- No marks will be deducted for incorrect response.
- Zero mark will be given for the question not answered.
In the case of two or more candidates securing equal marks in the entrance examination their inter se merit shall be determined as follows :
- Biology : Higher Percentile scores in Biology will result in higher ranking
- Chemistry : If Biology Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Chemistry will result in higher ranking
- Physics : If Biology and Chemistry Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Physics will result in higher ranking
- English Language and Comprehension :- If Biology, Chemistry and Physics Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in English Language and Comprehension will result in higher ranking.
- Logical & Quantitative Reasoning :- If Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English Language and Comprehension Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning will result in higher ranking
- Age : If still the tie exist, the candidate elder by age will be ranked higher.
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Merit List
Merit Ranking would be based on percentile score after Normalization.
Merit List would be drawn category wise based on minimum percentile as given below :
|Unreserved ( UR ) / OCI / NRI||50|
|Unreserved ( UR ) – OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC / – OPH||40|
- Candidates who secure less than the minimum percentile in the Entrance Examination will NOT be considered for admission and their names will NOT be included in the Merit List.
- Only those NRI / OCI candidates who opt for admission under Self Financing Scheme at the time of application itself will be considered for the merit list to 6 Seats for NRI / OCI status candidates.
- No E-Mail or Written communication will be entertained in this regard
Request for Change of Category / Status Submitted in the application shall NOT be entertained / considered under any circumstances. If any, Fresh application with another payment has to be made on-line before the last date of closing registration. It will be deemed that the application form is submitted with knowledge of the candidate only.
JIPMER MBSS 2017 Admission Procedure
- Admission to all candidates is based on the merit, category of the candidates, and the availability of seats at the time of counseling.
- Normally no candidate, Indian or Foreign, will be admitted to the MBBS course beyond 30th September of the year of the admission. No candidate except foreign nationals will be admitted under any circumstances beyond 30th September, 2017 of the year of admission.
- The candidates who are admitted after 30th September, 2017 will be eligible for appearing in the First Professional Examination only with the next batch of students.
To know more about JIPMER MBBS Selection Procedure Click Here
JIPMER 2017 MBBS Results
JIPMER 2017 MBBS Result Date :
JIPMER 2017 MBBS Result Date : JIPMER MBBS 2017 Results will be declared on 19th June, 2017
Please keep watching this page, to check your JIPMER Results 2017…
To know more about JIPMER MBBS Results Click Here
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Counselling
JIPMER 2017 First counselling
The first counselling for various categories will be in the following order and scheduled ( Tentative ) as detailed below :
|S.No||Order of Category||Counselling Date ( Tentative )|
|1||OPH & P – OPH ( Medical Examination )||27th June, 2017|
|2||UR / OPH & P – OPH||28th June, 2017|
|3||OBC / SC / ST||29th June, 2017|
|4||Puducherry – UR / OBC / SC & NRI / OCI||30th June, 2017|
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Counselling Process
- The candidate called for counselling have to report at venue site at the time on the date as stipulated in the Call Letter.
- Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be done on the day of counselling. If there is a mismatch, the candidate will NOT be permitted to attend the counseling apart from proceeding with legal action deemed fit by the Institution.
- The Candidate should submit the following certificates along with one set of self-attested copies.
- Hall ticket
- Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth ( Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate ).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate,
- recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format in the Annexure.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Six Passport size colour photographs recently taken.
- Non Resident Indian : Recent NRI Status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- Overseas Citizen of India : Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India.
Note : If the certificates are in any other language, except in English, English Translation attested by a Gazetted Officer should be produced.
JIPMER 2017 Second counselling
Second counselling will be held, if seats are vacant, as per date given in the prospectus . 19th July, 2017 ( Tentative Date )
To know more about JIPMER MBBS Counselling Click Here
To know more about JIPMER MBBS Question Papers Click Here
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Important Dates
|1||On-line Registration from||27th March, 2017 ( Monday ) 11.00 AM|
|2||On-line Registration closes on||3rd May, 2017 ( Wednesday ) 5.00 PM|
|3||Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER website www.jipmer.edu.in ( The Hall Tickets will be made available through Internet download ONLY and NOT by Post )||22nd May, 2017 (Monday) 10.00 AM 4th June, 2017 ( Sunday ) 8.00 AM|
|4||Date & Time of Entrance Exami nation (Two Shifts – Online Mode Only)||4th June, 2017 ( Sunday ) Morning Shift :- 10.00 AM to 12.30 PM Afternoon Shift :- 03.00 PM to 05.30 PM|
|5||Expected date of publication of Merit List||On or Before 19th June, 2017|
|Counseling of Choosing for JIPMER Puducherry ( OR ) JIPMER Karaikal|
|6||First Counseling ( Tentative )||27th June, 2017 to 30th June, 2017.|
|7||Second Counseling ( Tentative )||19th July, 2017|
|8||Third Counselling ( Tentative )||23rd August, 2017|
|9||Admission formalities ( Medical Board & submission of the receipt for payment of fees etc… )||3nd July, 2017 ( Monday ) 8.00 AM. For the Students who have op ted to Join in JIPMER, Karaikal|
|10||4th July, 2017 ( Tuesday ) 8.00 AM For the Students who have opted to join in JIPMER, Puducherry|
|11||Issue of Admission Let ter & Letter for Hostel accommodation||3rd July, 2017 ( Monday ) – For Karaikal Students 4th July, 2017 ( Tuesday ) – For Puducherry Students|
|12||Commencement of Course||5th July, 2017 ( Wednesday ) 09.00 AM|
|13||Foundation Course||Foundation course will be held for JIPMER, Puducherry &JIPMER, Karaikal separately at the respective places.|
|14||Close of Admissions for MBBS 201 7 Session||30th September, 2017 ( Saturday ) 01.00 PM.|
Dhanvantri Nagar, Gorimedu,
Puducherry – 605 006.
Telephone No. : 0413 – 2298288 ( Direct Line ) ; 0413 – 2272380 : Extn : 8573
Fax No. : 0413 0413 –2272735, 2272066, 2272067
Toll Free Number : 18002660371,
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.jipmer.edu.in.
medical entrance exam - jipmer -