VIT Master’s Entrance Examination – VITMEE 2016
VIT Master’s Entrance Examination ( VITMEE ) invites applications from eligible candidates for admissions to MCA program through the VITMEE Entrance Test 2016
VITMEE 2016 Eligibility
Nationality The applicant for admission should be a Resident Indian National and should have graduated from Institutions located in India. Foreign and NRI / PIO applications are to be made separately. Please visit the International Relations tab in VIT website.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Candidates should have graduated with a full-time degree from any recognized University with a minimum aggregate of 60% for MCA program.
- Consistent Record in X and XII Std is required.
- Candidates appearing for their final degree exam / final semester exam in the current year are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have completed their final Semester / year exams before the selection interview at VIT University.
- The candidates should produce statement of final year marks and Provisional degree certificate before 15th August, 2016, failing which admission will be cancelled with the forfeit of admission fee.
Academic Qualification :
MCA Program :
Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of Minimum 3 Yrs duration in BCA, B.Sc ( IT / Computer Science) with Mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at Graduate Level. Obtained at least 60% at the qualifying Examination.
To know more about Eligibility Click Here
VITMEE 2016 Exam Pattern
The computer based test (CBT) objective question Paper consists of 100 questions with a maximum of 100 marks among which 80 will be from the chosen technical subject and 20 will be from English communication. NO negative marks for wrong answers
VITMEE 2016 Exam Centres
VITMEE 2016 Admission Procedure
- The applicants should apply online in the respect link provided in the website ( www.vit.ac.in ) by paying a non-refundable application of 950/- ( Rupees Nine Hundred Fifty only ).
- The applicants should register for VITMEE for a Computer Based Objective test at indicated test centres.
- The list of short-listed candidates will be published in the website or personal SMS to the registered mobile number for an interview / counselling at Vellore / Chennai.
- Candidates selected will have to pay a deposit of 10,000/- towards counselling fee. Counselling fee is Non-Refundable, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the university. This amount should be paid by demand draft drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore ( only computerised DD will be accepted ). Candidates who fail to pay the advance at the Counselling will not be considered for Admission.
To know more about Admission Procedure Click Here
VITMEE 2016 Application Form
- Candidates can apply through online at http://vtop.vit.ac.in:8080/VITMEE/ following the steps given.
- The applicants should also have their photo and signature ready to upload.
- The payment can be either made by online using net banking / credit / debit cards.
- The filled in application may be downloaded and stored for future reference. No need to send the application / Certificates by post.
To know more about Application Form Click Here
VITMEE 2016 Admit Card
- Admit cards can be downloaded from www.vit.ac.in. Admit Card will not be faxed or sent by e-mail personally.
- The candidates must not mutilate the Admit card or alter any entry made therein.
- The Admit card is not transferable to any other person. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
- The Admit card will contain your name,registration number, photograph, your postal address, slot, date of examination and also the address of your test centre, test schedule and set of instructions for the test.
- The candidate should carefully examine the Admit card once received. Any discrepancy should be immediately brought to the notice of the Director ( PG Admissions ). firstname.lastname@example.org or +91-416-2204600.
- Applicants Will not be permitted to write the test without a valid admit Card. The Admit Card should be presented to the invigilators at the test centre for verification.
- The candidates must sign the attendance sheet at the appropriate places at the test centre. The finger print of the candidate writing the examination will be recorded and later verified during the counselling time.
- The Admit Card should be preserved and produced for verification at the time of Interview / admission.
- Candidates are not eligible for admission in case the applicant violates any instruction or involves unfair means in the examination hall.
VITMEE 2016 Syllabus
Algebra : Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.
Calculus : Functions of single variable, limit, continuity and differentiability, Mean value theorems, indeterminate forms and L’Hospital rule, Maxima and minima, Taylor’s series, Fundamental and mean value-theorems of integral calculus, total derivatives, Lagrange method of multipliers.
Differential Equations : Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
Algorithms : Analysis, Asymptotic notation, Notions of space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis; Design: Greedy approach, Dynamic programming, Divide-and conquer; Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest paths. Asymptotic analysis (best, worst, average cases) of time and space, upper and lower bounds.
Probability : Probability theory, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, Skewness and Kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions.
Algebra and Complex Analysis : Algebra of matrices, rank and determinant of matrices, linear equations. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors, Cayley-Hamilton theorem. Matrix representation of linear transformations. Canonical forms, diagonal forms, triangular forms, Quadratic forms, reduction and classification of quadratic forms Analytic functions, Cauchy-Riemann equations. Contour integral, Cauchy ’s theorem, Cauchy’s integral formula, Taylor series, Laurent series, calculus of residues. Conformal mappings, Mobius transformations —Fourier series—harmonics.
Calculus and its Applications : Linear ordinary differential equations (ODEs), variation of parameters, Sturm-Liouville problem. Partial differential equations (PDEs) – Classification of second order PDEs, General solution of higher order PDEs with constant coefficients, Method of separation of variables for Laplace, Heat and Wave equations. Transformation techniques—Laplace transformation—Fourier transforms—z—transformation to solve differential and difference equations.
Numerical Methods : Numerical solutions of algebraic and transcendental equations iteration methods and Newton — Raphson method, Solution of systems of linear algebraic equations using Gauss elimination and Gauss-Seidel methods-Numerical differentiation and integration, Numerical solutions of ODEs and PDEs.
Descriptive statistics, Exploratory Data Analysis : Sample space, discrete probability, independent events, Bayes theorem. Random variables and distribution functions (univariate and multivariate) – expectation and moments. Independent random variables, marginal and conditional distributions. Characteristic functions. Standard discrete and continuous univariate distributions. Correlation and simple and multiple linear regression. Test of hypotheses —Large and small sample tests confidence intervals. Chi-square test goodness of fit. Simple non parametric tests for one and two sample problems, rank correlation and test for independence. ANOVA.
Date Structures : Arrays, Stacks, Queues, linked Lists. Sorting techniques, Searching Techniques, Trees and Graph terminology and representation in memory, binary search tree, traversal techniques of graphs and Trees.
Computer Networks : Network models, Internet model, OSI model, Physical Layer – Analog and Digital Signals, Analog and Digital Transmission, Coding, Sampling. Data Link Layer – Error detection and correction, Data link control and Protocols, Stop and wait, Go -back-n, Selective repeat. Network Layer – Inter-networks, Addressing, unicast and multicast routing, Presentation Layer.
Programming in C : Data types, Declarations, Expressions, statements and symbolic constants, input-Output functions. Operators and expressions: Arithmetic, unary, logical, bit-wise, assignment and conditional operators. Control statements: While, do-while, for statements, nested loops, if else, switch, break, Continue, comma operators. Storage types: Automatic, external, register and static variables.Functions: Defining and accessing, passing arguments, Recursion.
Database Management Systems : DBMS architecture, Data models, data independence, E-R model, normalization, Relational Model: concepts, constraints, languages. Data storage, indexing, query processing, design and programming SQL.
Operating Systems : Process management, Process States, Process Control Block, Process and Threads, CPU Scheduling, Scheduling algorithm, Process Synchronization and Deadlock, Memory management, Virtual memory concepts paging and segmentation File organization, Blocking and buffering, file descriptor, File and Directory structures, I/O Devices.
Computer Architecture : Boolean algebra and computer arithmetic, flip-flops, design of combinational and sequential circuits, instruction formats, addressing modes, interfacing peripheral devices, types of memory and their organization, interrupts and exceptions. Von Neumann Computer, System Bus. Instruction Cycle, Data Representation, Machine instruction and Assembly Language.
- Subject– Verb Agreement
- Tense forms
- Articles and Preposition
- Use of Conjunctions
- Writing Technical Instructions
- Writing Memos & Writing Minutes
- Preparing Questionnaire
- Proof Reading
VITMEE 2016 Results
VITMEE Entrance Exam Results Results likely to be declared in the month of June, 2016
To know more about Results Click Here
VITMEE 2016 Counselling
The candidate should produce the admit card at the time of interview. Candidates will be short-listed for counselling on the basis of their performance in the VIT Master’s Entrance Examination ( VITMEE ) Selected candidates should pay an advance of 10,000/- towards counselling fee. The counselling fees is Non-Refundable, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University. ( Only Computerised DD will be accepted payable to “VIT University”, at Vellore ). The candidate’s name will be removed from the admission list, if he /she failsto pay the advance at the time of the Interview.
Documents to be produced at the time of counselling / interview
The Candidate shall produce the following documents in original for verification, along with one-set of photocopies while reporting for counselling. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the interview without these documents
- Admit Card of the Entrance Examination
- X and XII Std. Marks statement
- Mark Sheets of all semesters / years of the qualifying examination up to pre-final / final year as applicable
- Qualifying Degree / Provisional Certificate ( If already received )
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied ( If already received )
- Service Certificate / No Objection Certificate issued by the Employer. Community Certificate ( for all categories except OC / General ).
- Demand Draft for 10,000, drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.
Only after verification of these documents,the candidate will be allowed to participate in the counselling. Authentic records pertaining to marks sheet of the qualifying examination and state of eligibility. If a candidate fails to produce any of the above documents, he / she will not be considered for admission. After remittance of the non-refundable deposit and obtaining the provisional admission letter, if the candidate fails to qualify in the prescribed qualifying examination, the provisional admission accorded will be cancelled with the forfeit of fee. Allotment of seat for a program once made is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
To know more about Admission Procedure Click Here
VITMEE 2016 Important Dates
|1||Issue of Application Form||13th March, 2016|
|2||Last date to apply online||16th May, 2016|
|3||Last date to edit application form||16th May, 2016|
|4||Slot booking Date||23rd May, 2016 to 30th May, 2016|
|5||Entrance Examination||4th June, 2016 & 5th June, 2016 ; Time : 10:00 AM – 12:00 Noon & 02:30 PM – 04:30 PM|
|Apply online : https://academics.vit.ac.in/online_application/VITMEE/apply.asp|
Vellore – 632014,
Tamil Nadu, India,
Telephone No : +91-416-220 4600 / 4700 /4800,
Fax No : +91-416-224 5544,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.vit.ac.in.
mca entrance exam - vit -