NIMCET 2017 MCA Entrance Exam
National Institutes of Technology ( NIT ) invites admission Application for MCA programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
The following NIT Institutes are offering MCA Program :
- Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal.
NIMCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
lndian Nationals securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scales (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale in case of SC / ST) in ( i ) B.Sc / B.Sc ( Hons ) / BCA / BIT of minimum three years full-time with Mathematics / Statistics / Equivalent subject as one of the subject from a recognized University
( or )
- B E / B Tech or equivalent from a recognized University are eligible to appear for NIMCET 20I7.
- Conversion of scored marks from CGPA to percentage and vice-versa is not permitted. ( CCPA other than 10 point scale will be converted to 10 point scale based on Unitary method ) *Equivalence will be established by a duly constituted equivalence committee whose decision will be final.
- CGPA other than 10 point scale will be converted to 10 point scale based on unitary method. Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIMCET 2017 and such candidates shall have to furnish the proof (in the form of a certificate issued by the Head of institution where the candidate has studied ) of candidature for appearing the examinations during the academic year 2017 – 2018. All candidates shall submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET 2017 at the time of Counseling/Admission but not later than 15th september, 2017, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs.
- Students who have completed/completing degree BSc / BSc( Hons ) / BCA / BIT of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided their programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council ( DEC ) of Govt. of India.
- Conversion from CGPA to percentage and vice – versa is not permitted.
- The percentages of marks in qualifying degree are to be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in all the subjects studied in all the years including languages, optional and additional subjects studied, if any. The aggregate of marks secured in all the subjects in all the years computed using this method of calculation alone be considered by NIMCET 2017 for deciding eligibility.
- NIMCET 2017 test will be conducted with only one question paper containing 120 multiple choice questions covering the following subjects. Multiple Choice Questions will be written in English Language only and will not be translated into any other language.
|S.No||Subject||No. of questions|
|2||Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40 questions|
|3||Computer Awareness||10 questions|
|4||General English||20 questions|
Award of Marks :
- Each correctly answered question will carry FOUR marks and each wrongly answered question will lead to Negative One mark.
- The candidates are advised not to attempt such questions if they are not sure of the correct answer. No deduction from the total score will, however, be made if a question is unanswered. More than one answer indicated against a question will be negatively marked. The candidates have to mark the responses in the OMR sheet using black or blue ink ball point pen only.
To know more about Entrance Exam Click Here
NIMCET 2017 Preparation Tips
NIMCET is conducted by National Institute of Technology for the admission of students to MCA Programs. This exam is conducted at National level. Every year thousands of aspirants participate to win the league.
NIMCET 2017 Seven Stages of Process
The entire process that a candidate has to undergo consists of seven stages :
A. Registration and Application through Online for the test :
All the eligible candidates should register in the website https: //nimcet2017.nitdgp.ac.in by creating a username and password by themselves between 20th February, 2017 and 20th March, 2017 ( 5.00 pm ) IST. One time password ( OTP ) will be send to applicants mobile number at the time of registration process which need to be entered in the OTP page. The same mobile number of the applicant will be used for future communication from NIMCET 2017 office. Documents ( both soft and hard copies ) needed for completing the registration are
- Payment receipt generated after paying processing fee through NIMCET 2017 website only ( see section ( ii ) recent passport size photograph and its scanned copy ( maximum size :30 KB ) , signature ( maximum size:10 KB ) ,
- all certificates and marks memorandum of X Class and qualifying degree, then fill the online application form properly and take print of the generated application form on or before 20th March 2017. Completed application along with all relevant documents should reach to The Secretary, NIMCET 2017 on or before 31st March , 2017 [5 P.M.]
Writing NIMCET 2017 TEST :
Candidates can download their admit card through NIMCET 2017 portal between 16th May, 2017 and 28th May, 2017 at any time and the NIMCET 2017 test which is scheduled to be conducted on 28th May, 2017 ( Sunday ) between 10.00 A.M and 12.00 noon at various test centers listed in Table 1 of Section 10. Candidates should be present in the examination hall of the test center before 9.30 am on 28th May, 2017. Syllabus and test pattern are given in this brochure.
Choice filling and locking :
Candidates satisfying eligibility ( see section 2.0 ) and qualifying criteria ( see section 15.0 ) will be given Rank in NIMCET 2017 rank. The rank list of the eligible candidates will be published on 6th June, 2017.The candidates need to download the rank cards from the website. Candidates who got a rank can login and fill the choices of participating institutes in their order of preference between 9th June, 2017 to 14th June, 2017. They can also modify their choices ( or ) reorder them any number of times before locking. It will not be possible to access their choices after locking. All the candidates must have to lock their choices on or before 5 pm on 14th June, 2017. The choices of all candidates will be automatically locked by the server of NIMCET 2017 after 5 p.m. on 14th June, 2017.
Online Seat Allotment and personally reporting at any remote / participating institute :
Candidates will be offered seats based on their choices in the order of NIMCET 2017 rank in three rounds of allotment. Candidates who are allotted a seat must report to any one of the participating institute on the dates specified in each of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds. Reporting at any institute other than the allotted institute is called Remote Reporting. Remote reporting is permitted in first and second rounds of allotment only. During this reporting, all the candidates have to get their original academic documents, proof of Date of Birth, caste and relevant certificates verified and submit payment receipt of the initial fee 10,000 / – paid through NIMCET 2017 website only and give their option in the option form. They will also be issued a provisional admission letter.
Note : Candidates, who get seats in first round of allotment and do not report at any reporting center between 23rd June, 2017 to 24th June, 2017, will be permanently deleted from the database and will not be offered any seat in subsequent rounds of allotment. Similarly, candidates who get seats only in second round ( but not in first round ) and do not report at any reporting center between 6th July, 2017 to 7th July, 2017 will be permanently deleted from the database and will not be offered any seat in the subsequent rounds of allotment.
Getting Admitted into the Allotted Institute :
After the third round of allotment, candidates are required to physically present at the latest allotted institute for admission between 17th July, 2017 to 18th July, 2017 and attend the classes.
Surrendering seats by the candidates :
Candidates who got seat allotted / upgraded in any round ( s ) , and do not wish to join the institute, but wish to participate in the final round of allotment must approach a reporting center, surrender the seat etween 17th July, 2017 to 18th July, 2017 by submitting a prescribed application At a later stage, these candidates will receive 9,000 / – through online transfer in to their account based on their bank account number details entered in the prescribed application while surrendering
Fresh Choice filling and final round of allotment :
After third round of reporting, vacant seats in all Participating NITs will be published in the website https: // nimcet2017.nitdgp.ac.in on 22nd July, 2017. Candidates who were not allotted any seat from first to third round of allotment and those who have surrendered their seats are only eligible to fill fresh choices from 23r July, 2017 to 24th July, 2017 for final round of allotment. Final round of allotment will be done on 26th July, 2017 and candidates, who are offered seats in this round, must report to the allotted institute between 27th July, 2017 and 31st July, 2017 to attend the classes.
To know more about Preparation Tips Click Here
NIMCET 2017 Online Application Form
Candidates should apply for NIMCET 2017 through Online only
- Candidates must follow instructions strictly as given in the website https: //nimcet2017.nitdgp.ac.in .
- Applications not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
OnLine Submission of Application Forms :
- Candidates should pay the non-refundable processing fee ( 2,000 / – for OPEN / OBC and 1000 / – for SC / ST ) through NIMCET 2017 website only before final submission of the online application form in the https: // nimcet2017.nitdgp.ac.in website.
- Candidates should register on NIMCET 2017 website with login, password and then fill all the details as per the Online Form.
- After successful filling of data through online and pressing submit button, a complete application form with unique application number will be generated. Candidate must quote this unique application umber in future correspondences till the test is conducted.
- Candidates are required to take printout of the generated application form on or before 20th March, 2017 and send it with e-receipt of the payment and all relevant documents -“The Secretar, NIMCET 2017″, National Institute of Technology Durgapur, Mahatma Gandhi Avenue, West Bengal – 713209 by Speed Post / Registered Post on or before 31st March, 2017.
- Please ensure all the supporting documents as specified in check-list are enclosed.
- Please keep two copies of the application and e-receipt for future reference.
- Candidates must remember their login, password, security questions and answers, e-mail id entered in the application till the end of NIMCET 2017 process.
- Candidates will not be allowed to create multiple user logins.
- Candidates can use one mobile number to create only one account. Candidate must retain the same mobile number till admission through NIMCET 2017 is over.
- The application forms received after the last date 31st March, 2017 ( even though the application is successfully uploaded ) , and the applications without supporting documents or e-receipt will be summarily rejected.
- NIMCET 2017 is not responsible for any postal delays and hence candidates are advised to post the generated application form with all necessary documents and payment receipt well in advance before the last date i.e., 31st March, 2017.
NIMCET 2017 Online Application Fee
- The non-refundable processing Fee for NIMCET 2017 test and counseling for admission to the MCA programme is 2,000 /- for OPEN / OBC category and 1000 /- for SC / ST category candidates. Candidates have to deposit an appropriate amount relevant to their category.
- Candidates are required to deposit the processing fee through NIMCET 2017 website only. The copy of the payment receipt need to be sent along with generated application to NIMCET 2017 office.
NIMCET 2017 MCA Admit Card
- Admit cards will not be sent to the candidates individually by post. Eligible candidates can download their own Admit Cards. In case the Admit Card is not available for downloading, the candidates should send an e-mail to secretary. nimcet email@example.com between 16th May, 2017 to 27th May, 2017 details of the cadidate’s appliation number and proof for remittance of fee. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
- Candidate must preserve the Admit Card till the entire process of admission is complete. Request for issue of duplicate Admit Card will not be entertained after the examination in any case. Application number should be quoted in all subsequent correspondences.
- Office of NIMCET 2017 will scrutinize only the received hard copies ( Print ) of generated application forms along with payment receipt of processing fee and other documents. For all eligible applicants, Admit Cards will be made available on the website, https: // nimcet2017.nitdgp.ac.in after scrutiny of their applications. Applicants will be required to download their Admit Card after login to this website between 16th May, 2017 and 28th May, 2017. The candidates shall have to produce the Admit Card at the Test Centre, counseling centre and participating institute ( PI ) at the time of admission.
To know more about Application Form Click Here
NIMCET 2017 Exam Centers
|codes||Test centres||codes||Test centres|
Note : This is tentative list of test centers. If enough number of candidates do not opt for a particular centre that centre may be cancelled and then center chosen as second choice will be allotted automatically.
NIMCET 2017 Seats in Participating Institutes
|NIT||Quota||OP||OP-PwD||OBC||OBC- PwD||SC||SC- PwD||ST||ST- PwD||Total Seats|
|Kurukshetra ( Self Financing )||All India||15||00||08||00||04||01||02||00||30|
- Among the All India Quota seats, there is no separate state-wise quota
- SC / ST and OBC Reservations – As per Government of India Rules
- Seat Matrix : Subject to change
- PwD – Persons with Disabilities
Please check the fee structure at NIT, Kurukshetra ( www.nitkkr.ac.in ) under self – financing scheme.
To know more about Exam Centres Click Here
NIMCET 2017 MCA Admission Procedure
NIMCET 2017 application form is common for appearing for Entrance Test, counseling and admission to MCA at all the eleven participating NITs offering MCA programme. Participating Institutes are NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal.
Candidates are not required to apply separately to any NIT for admission to MCA programme.
The admission to MCA programme in all the 11 participating NITs will be based on NIMCET 2017 rank and the choice of institute filled by the candidates. Details of the counseling process are given below and changes if any shall be notified on https: //nimcet2017.nitdgp.ac.in website from time to time. The candidates are advised to check this website regularly for updates. Candidates declared qualified in NIMCET 2017 will be allowed to fill the choices of Institutes in which they wish to take admission into MCA programme.
Candidates are required to use their login and password to fill the choices of institutes through online from their place of convenience between 9 June, 2017 and 14th June, 2017. Then they are required to lock their choices before 5 pm on 14th June 2017. However, choices filled by all candidates will be locked by 5 pm on 14th June, 2017. After locking, students can not access their locked choices. Seat allotments will be made on the basis of his / her rank and institute choices locked.
The following options can be exercised by the candidates after the first and second round of allotments :
Option-1 : Candidates who wish to finalise the seat allotted to them and wish to join in the institute allotted to them. ( Their higher preference choices, if any, will be ignored in subsequent rounds ).
Option-2 : Candidates who wish to be considered in the next round for all of their higher preference choices ( i.e. across institutes
To know more about Admission Procedure Click Here
NIMCET 2017 Participating Colleges
|S.No||Contact person||Contact Details||Institute Website|
|1||Dr. Ajoy Kumar Das
Dean ( Academic ) , National Institute of Technology Jirania, Agartala-799046, West Tripura
|Mob : 09402168090
|2||Dr. Mrinal Kanti Debbarma
HOD, CSE Deptt. National Institute of Technology Jirania,Agartala-799046, West Tripura
|Mob : 09089255524
|3||Dr.Sarvesh K. Tiwari
Dy. Registrar ( Acad ) Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad – 211004
|4||Dr. M M Malik,
Professor & Chairman ( Admission ) Moulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal – 462051 ( MP )
Fax. No. – +91 0755-2670562
|5||Dr. Amit Bhagat
Associate Professor, Moulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal – 462051 ( MP )
Fax. No. – +91 0755-2670562
|6||Dr. A. P. Shashikala
Dean ( Academic ) National Institute of Technology, Calicut NIT Campus P.O.- Calicut, Kerala-673601
|Mob : 09447170156
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
|7||Dr. Rijil Ramchand
Chairperson, PG Admission National Institute of Technology, Calicut NIT Campus P.O.- Calicut, Kerala-673601
|Mob : 09446020078
Email : email@example.com
|8||Dr. Anirban Sarkar
Assistant Professor, Department of CSE National Institute of Technology Durgapur Durgapur, West Bengal PIN- 713209
|9||Dr. Prasenjit Choudhury
Assistant Professor, Department of CSE National Institute of Technology Durgapur Durgapur, West Bengal PIN- 713209
|Tel : 09434788196
|10||Dr. D. A. Khan
Dean ( Academic ) National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur – 831014
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|11||Dr. Amaresh Kumar
Associate Dean ( Academic ) National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur- 831014
|Tel : 0657-2374248
E-mail:email@example.com Fax: 0657-2374245
|12||Dr. Ashutosh Kumar Singh Professor, Computer Applications National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra 136119||Tel : 01744233532
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
|13||Dr. Shrish Verma ) Dean Acadernics,
National Institute of Technology,
G.E. Road, Raipur – 492010
|Mob : 09826424427
|14||Prof. Harerdra Bikrol
HOD, MCA Department National Institute of Technology Raipur G.E. Road, Raipur – 492010
|15||Prof. S. M. Hegde
Professor, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal P.O. Srinivasnagar, Mangalore – 575025 ( Karnataka )
|16||Prof. Santosh George
Professor & HOD MACS National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal P.O. Srinivasnagar, Mangalore – 575025 ( Karnataka )
|17||Prof. S Nickolas Asso. Prof & Head, Dept. of Computer Application National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli – 620015 ( Tamilnadu )||Tel: 431-2503739 ( O )
|18||Dr. RBV Subramanyam
Department of CSE National Institute of Technology, Warangal Warangal – 506004, Telangana, India
To know more about Participating Institutes Click Here
NIMCET 2017 Syllabus
NIMCET Entrance Exam 2017 consists of the following syllabus :
- Mathematics : ( 50 Questions )
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning : ( 40 Questions )
- Computer Awareness : ( 10 questions )
- General English : ( 20 questions )
To know more about Syllabus Click Here
NIMCET MCA 2017 Results
NIMCET 2017 MCA Result Date :
NIMCET 2017 MCA Result Date :NIMCET MCA 2017 Results will be declared on 6th June, 2017
Please keep watching this page, to check your NIMCET Results 2017…
To know more about Results Click Here
NIMCET 2017 Counselling
|S.No||Events||Dates||Action by candidate|
|1||First round of allotment||17th June, 2017 ( Saturday ) ,||Check allotment in website, download and print seat allotment letter|
|2||Candidate personal reporting at any one of reporting center against first round of allotment.||23rd June, 2017 ( Friday ) to 24th June, 2017 ( Saturday )||Allottees of First round must report in person at some reporting center and get documents verified, submit payment receipt for initial fee of 10,000 / – paid through NIMCET 2017 website ( https: / / nimcet2017.nitdgp.ac.in ) and exercise option 1 or 2 and obtain provisional admission letter from reporting center.|
|Allotted candidates not reporting will forfeit their seat allotment automatically and will not be considered for subsequent rounds of seat allotment.|
|3||Second round of allotment||30th June, 2017 ( Friday )||Check allotment in website, download and print seat allotment letter|
|4||Candidate personal reporting at any one of reporting center against second round of allotment||6th July, 2017 Thursday to 7th July, 2017 ( Friday )||Fresh allottees in second round must report in person at some reporting center and get documents verified, submit payment receipt for initial fee of 10,000 / – paid through NIMCET 2017 website ( https://nimcet2017.nitdgp.ac.in ) and exercise option 1 or 2 and obtain provisional admission letter from reporting center.Candidates who got seat allotted in earlier round and upgraded in this round of allotment must approach the same reporting center for change of their option from option 2 to option 1 and do so. However, if they do not wish to change their earlier option then they need not report.|
|Fresh allottees not reporting will lose their seat allotment automatically and will not be considered for subsequent rounds of seat allotment.|
|5||Third round of allotment||11th July, 2017 ( Tuesday )||Check allotment in website, download and print seat allotment letter|
|6 a||Candidates who wish to join the institute in which seat is allotted||17th July 2017 ( Monday ) to 18th July 2017 ( Tuesday )||Fresh allottees in third round must report in person at the allotted institute and get documents verified, pay full fee and attend classes.Candidates who got seat allotted in earlier round ( s ) must also join the institute with the allotted seat or upgraded seat whichever is latest. Pay the remaining fee and attend the classes.|
|6 b||Candidates of round 1,2 and 3 who are not satisfied with their allotment of seat including upgraded seat and do not wish to get admitted to the allotted institute, butstill wish to remain consideration for final round of allotment.||17th July 2017 ( Monday ) to 18th July 2017 ( Tuesday )||Fresh allottees in third round must report in person at some reporting center and get documents verified, surrender the allotted seat and obtain letter of reporting from reporting center.Candidates who got seat allotted in earlier round ( s ) and upgraded in this round of allotment, but do not wish to join the institute must approach the same reporting center, surrender the seat by filling a prescribed application and get the letter of reporting.|
|7||Announcement of vacant seats||22th July 2017 ( Saturday )||Candidates who have not got seat in any round of allotment and candidates who have acted as stated in Sl No.6 b are only eligible for final allotment round.However, the candidates who got seat in some round but not reported at that time are not eligible for final round of allotment. Candidates who have reported but later cancelled their seat are also not eligible for final round allotment.|
|8||Fresh Choice filling||23th July, 2017 Sunday to 24th July 2017 ( Monday ) [5 p.m.]||All eligible candidates for final round of allotment must fill their choices afresh and final allotment round if any planned by NIMCET 2017.|
|9||Final round of allotment||26th July, 2017 ( Wednesday )||Check allotment in website, download and print seat allotment letter. Allottees must report in person at the allotted institute and get documents verified, pay fee and attend classes. Last date of reporting against final round of allotment is on or before 2nd August, 2017.|
Transfer from one NIT to another NIT is not permitted under any circumstances once the candidate has taken admission in any of the participating NIT.
To know more about Counselling Click Here
NIMCET 2017 Important Dates
|1||Publication of Advertisement in Press and Web||17th February, 2017 ( Friday )|
|2||Opening date for online Registration||20th February, 2017 ( 10 a.m. ) ( Monday )|
|3||Closing Date of Online||20th March, 2017 ( up to 5 p.m. ) ( Monday )|
|4||Last date for online submission of Application Form||20th March, 2017 ( up to 5 p.m. ) ( Monday )|
|5||Last date for receipt of printout of electronically filled application form along with requisite money receipt of Application form by speed post / Registered post||31st March, 2017 up to 3 p.m. ( Friday ) in the office of NIMCET 2017, NIT Durgapur.|
|6||Availability of Admit card on web for download||16th May, 2017 onwards ( Monday ),|
|7||Date and Time of Examination||28th May, 2017 ( Time: 10 A.M to 12 Noon. ) ( Sunday )|
|8||Date of Publication of Result ( Tentative )||Tentatively on or before, 6th June, 2017 ( Tuesday )|
|9||Counseling Dates ( Tentative ) : Choice filling ( Last date of Locking choice )||9th June, 2017 – ( Wednesday ), 14th June, 2017 ( up to 5. P.m ) ( Friday )|
|10||First Round of Allotment||17 June, 2017 ( Saturday )|
|11||First round of Remote reporting in person in any of the Participating NIT’S||23 June, 2017 to ( Saturday ), 24 June, 2017. ( Time: 10 A.M. to 5 P.M. ) ( Friday )|
|12||Second round of Allotment / up gradation||30th June, 2017. ( Friday )|
|13||Second round of Remote reporting in person ( fresh allotees must report. And allotees whose seats are upgraded need to report only if they wish to modify their option otherwise need not report )||6th July, 2017 to( Friday ), 07 July, 2017. ( Time: 10 A.M. to 5 P.M. ) ( Thursday )|
|14||Third round of allotment / upgradation||11th July, 2017. ( Tuesday )|
|15||Third round of reporting in person at the allotted institute and Surrendering the allotted seats by those who do not wish to join the allotted institute, but wish to participate in final round of allotment.||17th July, 2017 to ( Tuesday ), 18 July, 2017. ( Time: 10 A.M. to 5 P.M.) ( Monday )|
|16||Announcement of vacant seats||22nd July, 2017 ( Saturday )|
|17||Fresh Choice Filling||23rd July, 2017 to ( Monday ), 24 July, 2017 ( 5. p.m ) ( Sunday )|
|18||Final round of allotment||26th July, 2017 ( Wednesday )|
|19||Final round of reporting at allotted institute||On or before , 31st July, 2017 ( Monday )|
The Chairman / Secretary,
National Institute of Technology Durgapur,
Mahatma Gandhi Avenue,
Durgapur (West Bengal).
PIN – 713209.
Email : email@example.com
Website : nimcet2017.nitdgp.ac.in
|Application Form : http://nimcet2017.nitdgp.ac.in/home/registration.php|
mca entrance exam - nit -