Goa University MCA 2016 Entrance Exam
Goa University invites application for admission to Master of Computer Application ( MCA ) Entrance Exam for the academic year of 2016 – 2017.
Goa University MCA 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Admission to the three year, six semester, full time course leading to the degree of Master of Computer Applications ( MCA ), is open to any Indian National satisfying all of the following conditions :
- Graduate in any discipline with at least 55% aggregate marks at the first degree examination ( 50% for candidates in reserved category – OBC, ST, SC, PH, FF ). Or
Minimum CPI must be 6.00 in the scale of 1 to 10 at the first degree examination ( minimum CPI must be 5.5 in the scale of 1 to 10 for candidates in reserved category – OBC, ST, SC, PH, FF ). Or
For any other method of declaration of the result, the equivalent percentage of the above cases will be decided by the university after the applications have been received. The decision of the university is final.
- Candidate must have taken Mathematics as one of the subjects at HSSCE ( 10+2 ) level or at a higher level ( documentary proof is essential ).
- The admission to first year of MCA program for the year 2016 – 2017 will be strictly based on the Ranking obtained in the ENTRANCE TEST which will be conducted by the Department of Computer Science and Technology, Goa University on 7th June 2016.
Candidates who have appeared for a degree examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply. In case such candidates are selected and their results are not available at the time of admission, these candidates will be given provisional admission. Such candidates will have to furnish the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria, preferably at the time of Admission but not later than 30th June 2016, failing which, their admission shall be cancelled.
Students are admitted to the first year MCA programme once every year.
To know more about Eligibility Criteria Click Here
Goa University 2016 Availability and Reservation of Seats
Goa University MCA degree program has total 60 seats, with distribution of seats and reservation policy*( may be subjected to change ) as follows :
|SC – 2%||1 seat||PH – 3%||2 seats||Other Universities 2 seats|
|ST – 12%||7 seats||FF – 1%||1 seat|
|OBC -27%||16 seats||General||31 seats|
*The reservation is only for candidates from Goa. Candidates applying for admission under these categories shall be REQUIRED TO SUBMIT a VALID CERTIFICATE to that effect issued by the appropriate authorities.
- The seats under the GENERAL category are available to students who have graduated with first degree from colleges affiliated to Goa University.
- Seats falling vacant after exhausting respective waiting lists, under any of the above reserved categories, shall be filled from the general category as per the University rules.
- Foreign students interested in seeking admission to the course may write / e-mail to the Admission Coordinator along with their bio-data and details of academic qualification.
Entrance Test Pattern There are 4 broad subject areas covered in the entrance test – Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, General English, Mathematics and Computer Awareness. The Distribution of Questions will be as follows The question paper will contain 90 multiple choice questions covering the following topics :
|S.No||Subjects||No. of Questions|
|1||Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40 questions|
|2||General English||10 questions|
|4||Computer Awareness||10 questions|
Goa university 2016 Admission Procedure
The following procedure will be followed in selection of candidates for admission.
- Merit List Round ( Round 1 ) : A separate merit list and waiting list will be prepared for candidates graduating from Goa University and those graduating from other universities. These lists will be prepared in the descending order of the score obtained in the entrance test and rules applied for breaking the tie. These lists will be uploaded on the University website ( http:// www.unigoa.ac.in ); and displayed on the Notice Boards of the Department of Computer Science and Technology on 10 th June, 2016.
No separate intimation will be sent to candidates. All the candidates whose names appear in the merit list must pay their fees and register by 15 th June, 2016. Candidates in merit list who fail to deposit fees by 15 th June, 2016 will lose their claim to admission and the same seat would be offered to the candidate in the waiting list.
- Waiting List ( Round 2 ) : On 16th June, 2016, admissions will be offered to candidates in the respective waiting list ( in the order of merit ) against vacancies in the merit list. The names of these candidates will be displayed on the notice board of the department and on the University website. Candidates will have to make the payment of fees and register on or before 17th June, 2016, failing which the same seat will be offered to the next candidate in the waiting list.
- Final round : On 20 th June, 2016, admission will be offered to candidates in the waiting lists provided there are vacant seats. All candidates who are eligible for admission can report to the dept office at 11.00 am sharp. Admission will be offered according to the merit only to those candidates who report to the department along with the original certificates. First attempt will be made to fill these seats from the respective list in the order of merit. In case, one of the list is over, the seats will be filled by the candidates from the general merit list. The students who have been offered admission should pay their fees by 22nd June, 2016.
- The candidates who are offered admission and fulfil the eligibility criteria should deposit full fees in the mode specified (instructions regarding the payment of fee will be put up on the website) Students whose results are not available at the time of admission, should also make the full payment of the fees after giving an undertaking that they are paying fees at their own risk and would be able to fulfil the eligibility criteria by 30th June, 2016. These candidates will be admitted provisionally
- All those candidates who are admitted provisionally should submit the relevant mark sheets and passing certificates by 30th June, 2016, failing which their admission shall be cancelled.
- The original copies of all mark sheets and relevant documents should be produced by the candidate at the time of admissions and will be retained in the department till the admission procedure is completed.
Goa University 2016 Application Form
- The application fee is 1000 and is not refundable.
- Students must have a valid e-mail id. Those students who do not have a valid e-mail id have to create the same.
- There are 2 ways of making the payment
- Cash Payment at any at any branch of HDFC bank
Generate & print the bank challan of HDFC and make necessary payments at any HDFC branch. Cash payment status will be updated after 48 hours.
- Credit Card / Debit Card / Online Banking
Choose the payment mode as Credit Card / Debit Card / Online Banking and make the payment using one of these 3 options and ensure that you get a success message for the transaction. In this case there is no upload of any payment proof required
- Cash Payment at any at any branch of HDFC bank
- The following additional fees shall be charged by the bank towards online payment services :
- Credit Card : 1.00% of the application fee plus the service tax as applicable.
- Debit Card : 0.75% + taxes for application fee up to 2000 and 1.00% + taxes for application fee more than 2000.
- NET Banking : 10.00 per transaction.
- Cash : 20/- per challan.
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded ( full or partial ) under any circumstances.
To know more about Application Form Click Here
Goa University 2016 Syllabus
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- General English
- Computer Awareness
Goa University 2016 Results
Goa University MCA 2016 Entrance Exam results likely to be declared in the month of June, 2016
To know more about Resluts Click Here
Goa University 2016 Important Dates
|1||Online Availability of Prospectus & Application Form||13th May, 2016 ( Friday )|
|2||Last date for receipt of completed Application Form||3rd June, 2016 ( Friday )|
|3||Entrance Test Date and Time||7th June, 2016 ( Tuesday ) ( 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM )|
|4||Display of the First Provisional List of candidates for Admission ( including the waiting list ) – ( Adm Rnd 1 )||10th June, 2016 ( Friday )|
|5||Last date for payment of fees by candidates in the First List.||15th June, 2016 ( Wednesday )|
|6||Display of the Second Provisional List of candidates for Admission ( including the waiting list ) – ( Adm Rnd 2 )||16th June, 2016 ( Thursday )|
|7||Last date for payment of fees by candidates in the Second List.||17th June, 2016 ( Friday )|
|8||Final list of candidates for Admission ( Final round )||20th June, 2016 ( 11 a.m. ) ( Wednesday )|
|9||Last date for the payment of fees for those admitted in the Final round||22nd June, 2016 ( Wednesday )|
|Application Form : https://www.unigoa.ac.in/admission/application_form_mca.php?flag=1|
The Admission Coordinator, 2016 – 2017,
Department of Computer Science & Technology,
Goa University, Taleigao Plateau,
Goa – 403206,
Telephone : 6519272 / 6519087 / 6519325,
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com,
Website : www.unigoa.ac.in.
mca entrance exam - goa university -