School of Petroleum Management - SPM MBA Exam 2017
IIM CAT 2017 Question Bank CD -
SPM MBA Entrance Exam 2017
School of Petroleum Management, Gandhinagar ( SPM ) at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University ( PDPU ) has been set up by Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Limited ( GSPC ) – A Government of Gujarat Undertaking.
IPMG offers programs addressing the managerial requirements of Oil & Gas sector. The course offerings pertain to Management, Economics, Supply Chain, International Geo – Political affairs, Project Management, Oil & Gas Accounting & Finance and Laws – to mention a few areas, of the Oil & Gas Sector.
SPM 2017 MBA Entrance Exam
School of Petroleum Management invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to 2 year MBA Programs through Based on CAT 2016 or XAT 2017 Score, for the academic session 2017.
MBA programme is a two year full time residential programme at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University ( PDPU ) under School of Petroleum Management ( SPM ).
SPM offers MBA program in :
- Energy and Infrastructure Management
- General Management with specialization in:
- Finance Management
- Marketing Management
- Operation Management
- Human Resources Management
SPM MBA 2017 Reservations and Seat Allocation :
- Energy and Infrastructure Management : 60 Seats.
- General Management ( with specialization in Financial Management, Marketing Management, Operations Management, Human Resources Management ) : 60 Seats.
Seat allocation to the various categories ( SC & ST ) is in accordance with the Government rules. The number of seats under each category will be posted at www.spm.pdpu.ac.in along with the short listed candidates for MBA Programme admission. Seats not filled in under any reserved category shall be allotted to the general category.
NRI / Management Seats : Admission to this category shall be made as per rules.
The MBA Admission Office of SPM – PDPU shall conduct the MBA Admission process for the MBA batch 2017 – 19.
To Know More About SPM MBA 2017 Entrance Exam Click Here
SPM MBA 2017 Eligibility
Only Candidates who have appeared at Common Admission Test ( CAT ) 2016 conducted by IIMs / Xavier Admission Test ( XAT ) 2017 conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur are eligible to apply.
A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, with at least 50% marks ( 45% for SC / ST candidates ) in aggregate in all semesters / trimesters or equivalent CGPA, of any University incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956.
The Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education.
In case of the candidates being awarded grades / CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the university / institution from where they have obtained bachelor’s degree.
In case the university / institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by the SPM by dividing earned CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the quotient with 100.
A candidate appearing for the final year examination of bachelor’s degree or equivalent can also apply.
- Such candidate must produce a certificate from the authority of the of the university/ institution certifying that (i) the candidate has obtained 50% marks or equivalent based on latest available grades / marks ( i.e. all the years’ grade / marks except the final year grade / marks ), and (ii) the candidate has completed all the requirements and has appeared for the examinations / practical etc. for the final year / final term and that the results is awaited for obtaining the bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification.
- Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the program provisionally only if they submit such certificate latest on the registration date notified by the School.
- However, the admission will be confirmed provided that final mark sheet and degree certificate are submitted not later than 30th September, 2016 and if the candidate has met the prescribed eligibility criteria, otherwise the fees paid will not be refundable except the deposit money.
- Non – Fulfillment of the above conditions / dates will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
To Know More About SPM MBA 2017 Eligibility Click Here
SPM MBA 2017 Application Form
Eligible candidates have to apply by sending the duly filled in SPM MBA Application Form ( available at Schools’ website www.spm.pdpu.ac.in ) along with the payment of IPMG MBA Application Fee of 1,000 ( non – refundable ).
IPMG SPU MBA Application Fee can be paid via a demand draft drawn in favour of “Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University”, payable at Ahmedabad. IPMG Application Fee can also be paid in the University account at Oriental Bank of Commerce ( OBC ) A/C No. 09331131003242. In this case the payment receipt must be enclosed along with filled IPMG Application form.
Candidates are required to send filled application form by registered post, or through DTDC courier to reach us on or before the last date 13th February, 2017. For the late receipt of the forms or loss of form in the transit, SPM – PDPU shall not be responsible.
The last date of receiving the application form for the MBA Admission is 13th February, 2017.
The information about received applications shall be put up on the School’s website ( www.spm.pdpu.ac.in ) within one week from the last date of receiving the application form for MBA Admission.
IPMG SPM 2017 Admission Process
Candidates short listed on the basis of aggregate CAT / XAT score will be invited for Group Discussion ( GD ) and personal interview ( PI ) and Written Ability Test ( WAT ). This information shall be displayed on the SPM Website www.spm.pdpu.ac.in within one week from the last date of receiving IPMG Application form for MBA Admission.
The GD and PI will take place separately for MBA Program during 04th – 07th March, 2017 with an approved schedule ( the GD / PI schedule will be uploaded in the School’s Website www.spm.pdpu.ac.in ).
Documents to be submitted on IPMG 2017 GD PI :
The candidates must bring the following documents in original along with one set of self – attested photocopy of the documents for verification at the time of GD and PI :
- Mark Sheets of 12th Standard & Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, of any University incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956.
- CAT 2016 / XAT 2017 Score Card
- Identity Proof.
- Experience Certificate, if any.
- Caste Certificate ( from competent authority as notified by the Government, if applied for reservation quota ).
IPMG MBA 2017 Selection Process
The candidates who appeared in CAT 2016 / XAT 2017 and seek admission in the MBA Program at SPM have to apply in the prescribed form, which is available at SPM Website www.spm.pdpu.ac.in. The candidates short listed on the basis of aggregate CAT / XAT Score will be required to appear for Group Discussion ( GD ) and Personal Interview ( PI ) at SPM, PDPU on specified date ( s ).
I. Group Discussion ( GD ) :
The Group Discussion ( GD ) shall be held in a group of about 10 – 12 students. Students appearing at GD shall be evaluated on the set criteria.
II. Written Ability Test ( WAT ) :
Students shall be required to submit a written assignment on the topic announced at the time of GD and PI.
III. Personal Interview ( PI ) :
Students appearing at PI shall be evaluated on the set criteria. Relevance of work experience, wherever applicable may be assessed at this stage.
SPM MBA GD / PI centres : New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Gandhinagar.
*Only if applications for the centre are more than critical number decided by SPM, the centre will be allocated.
SPM MBA 2017 Selection Matrix :
Selection of students shall be done using the following criteria along with the weights indicated below :
- CAT / XAT Score – 60%
- Group Discussion – 10%
- Written Ability Test – 05%
- Personal Interview – 10%
- Work Experience – 10%
- Academic Performance – 05%
Academic performance in standard 12 and at bachelor degree will be appropriately factored in the selection.
SPM MBA 2017 Important Dates
|Availability of Application Forms on www.spm.pdpu.ac.in||
3rd October, 2016 onwards
|Last date of receiving Application Forms||
13th February, 2017
|GD / PI dates for short listed candidates||
4th to 7th March, 2017
|Display of information about shortlisted candidates for Admissions||
20th March, 2017
|Completion of Admission formalities, fees collection and enrolment||
20th to 29th March, 2017
|Operating waiting list||
3rd April, 2017 onwards
|Payment of balance charges||
22nd to 26th May, 2017
|Commencement of the academic session||
19th June, 2017
Contact Details :
School of Petroleum Management
Phones : 079 – 23275109 / 19,
Fax : +91 79 23276364,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : http://spm.pdpu.ac.in.
mba entrance exam - ipmg -