FMS BHU 2017 Application Form
Candidates are required to download Information Bulletin and Admission Application Form from the website of the Institute ( www.bhu.ac.in/fms ) and submit duly filled in and signed application form along with all necessary enclosures.
Application Fee :
Application fee is 1500/- ( 800/- for SC / ST ) to be payable through Demand Draft in favour of the Registrar, Banaras Hindu university, payable at Varanasi.
FMS BHU 2017 Application Form Submission :
Last date for receipt of application completed in all respect with necessary enclosures and required amount of application fee in the office of the Director, Institute of Management Studies at the following address : The Dean, Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi – 221005 ( UP ) on or before : 20th December, 2016.
Please ensure that a passport size photograph signed by you is pasted on the space provided for in the application form.
No Application Form shall be considered for admission unless it is complete in all respects including self attested copy of the photograph of the candidate containing his / her signature thereon and other copies of documents specified are attached thereto, such as, photocopy of CAT 2016 Admit Card and application form payment confirmation message of specified amount.
Candidates are advised to keep sufficient number of extra copies of the same photograph, which has been pasted on application form for future use, as and when needed.
The Category to which an applicant belongs once mentioned on the Application Form will be final and no subsequent change will be allowed. If boxes requiring indication of category on the application form are left blank, the candidate will be treated under “General Category’.
Application Forms of candidates who have submitted forged / fake certificates / documents or adopted fraudulent means shall be rejected without any intimation to the candidates. Further, such candidates shall be debarred from appearing in any subsequent entrance test conducted by B.H.U.
Any related legal litigation in respect of the admission shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the local court of Varanasi and / or Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Allahabad only.
BHU FMS Counselling 2017
1. Candidates will be called for counselling for provisional admission in order of their combined merit in CAT 2016, Academic Record and Group Discussion & Interview.
2. Mere appearance in the CAT, Group Discussion and Interview shall not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to the course unless he / she fulfils the eligibility conditions. Applicants must fully satisfy themselves about their eligibility before filling the application forms of both, IIM – CAT and FMS, BHU.
3. In case there are more than one candidate securing equal ranks as obtained by the last candidate in order of merit in the list of candidates to be called for admission, the following inter se ranking rules of the University shall be applicable.
“In case the candidates have equal ranks then :
- a. the candidate having secured higher marks in the qualifying examination is eligible ;
- b. In case the mark in the qualifying examination is also equal then the candidate senior in age shall be given preference”.
4. While coming for counselling for provisional admission, candidates are required to bring with them all the original documents ( certificates, Mark sheets including Caste Certificate, Migration Certificate by non BHU candidates / Transfer Certificates by BHU candidates etc. ) In case provisional admission is offered to a candidate, all his / her original documents will be detained in the Institute and the same will be returned after completion of admission formalities.
5. The mark sheet of the qualifying examination of a candidate can be submitted on or before 5th October of the year of admission and no extension shall be given in this regard on any ground. Confidential results / mark sheets shall not be accepted. Only the Original Mark sheet of the qualifying examination after official declaration of the results by the respective examining bodies shall be accepted. Any other document ( sealed or confidential mark sheet ) other than a proper mark sheet issued by the authority like VC / Rector / PVC / Registrar / CE etc. in regard to marks obtained by a candidate shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
6. Provisional admission to a particular program will depend upon the combined merit in CAT 2016, Academic Records and Group Discussion & Interview and the availability of seat in that program on the date and time of counseling. The mere fact that call letter has been issued shall not entitle a candidate to claim admission.
7. If a student requests for cancellation of his / her admission and return of original documents the same will be permitted as per the existing provisions of the University.
8. The candidate granted Provisional admission shall deposit fee within the period prescribed by the Admission Committee failing which the admission shall stand cancelled.
9. Provisional admission cannot be claimed by any applicant as a matter of right. The provisional admission of an applicant shall be entirely at the discretion of the Admission Committee, which may refuse to admit any student without assigning any reason thereof.
10. Provisional admission of a candidate is liable to be cancelled by the Admission Committee at any time :
- if it is detected that there is something against the candidate which would have prevented him / her from being admitted to the course
- If the candidate is found at a later stage to have provided any false information, and / or
- If he / she has been punished for an act of gross misconduct, indiscipline or an act involving moral turpitude.
11. A candidate provisionally selected for admission shall be required to fill the prescribed form, submit the required documents, collect his / her admit card for admission to the course from the office of the Department and pay fees by a date fixed for the purpose, otherwise the offer made to him / her will automatically stand cancelled and the seat thus falling vacant shall be offered to the next candidate in order of merit under the specified category.
12. Wait listed candidate shall be offered admissions strictly on the basis of ranking provided there is a vacancy in the Program. Such wait listed candidates shall have to deposit their fee latest by the date fixed by the Admission Committee.
FMS BHU 2017 Important Dates :