SAU Law Entrance Exam 2016
South Asian University ( SAU ) is an international university established by the governments of the eight member nations of South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation ( SAARC ) viz.Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. South Asian University invites applications for admission to Two Year LLM Program for the academic year 2016 – 2017.
SAU 2016 LLM Eligibility Criteria
12 years of schooling + a 5 year integrated BA/LLB degree or 12 years of schooling + a 2 or 3 year Bachelor’s degree + a 3 year LLB degree or 12 years of schooling + a 4 year LLB degree) from an institution recognized by the government of any of the SAARC countries with the following minimum eligibility marks criteria:
- For candidates from the annual system: 50% and above
- For candidates from the semester system (percentage): 55% and above
- For candidates from the GPA semester system, the formula for determining percentage is as follows :
CGPA obtained X 100 / Maximum GPA obtainable.
Such candidates are required to have a minimum of 60% marks or above.
To know more about Eligibility Criteria Click Here
SAU 2016 Exam Pattern
The duration of the Entrance Test will be 3 hours and the question paper will consist of 100 multiple choice questions in two parts.
- Part A will have 20 multiple choice questions of one mark each on general knowledge, political science, geography, general science and civics of the 10+2 level.
- Part B will have 80 multiple choice questions of the LLB level carrying one mark each and will generally include the following areas :
Public International Law :
General Principles of International Law (Recognition, Succession, State Responsibility, State Immunity, Relationship between International law and Municipal Law); International Organizations; Law of the Sea; Diplomatic and Consular Immunity and others; International Trade Law; International Criminal Law; International Humanitarian Law; Intellectual Property Rights; International Environmental Law; International Human Rights Law.
Analytical School of Law; Pure Theory of Law; Sociological Jurisprudence; Legal Personality and Legal Rights; Ownership; Possession and Rule of Law.
Negative Marks for Wrong Answers
If the answer given to any of the Multiple Choice Questions is wrong, ¼ of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted.
SAU 2016 Law Seats
SAU LLM Country – Wise Quota of Seats :
- 50% seats are reserved for Indian applicants in all the Master’s level programs;
- 4% seats are reserved for applicants from each of the following five countries: Afghanistan, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka;
- 10% seats are reserved for applicants from each of the following countries: Pakistan and Bangladesh;
- 10% seats may be allotted to applicants from outside the SAARC region;
- Merit lists will be prepared country-wise and the competition will only be amongst candidates within each country;
- If the seats allocated to a particular country are not filled, they will be allocated to students from other countries, as per SAU rules.
SAU 2016 Exam centres
SAU 2016 Application Form
- SAU Law 2016 Online Application is available from the website : www.sau.int
- An Entrance Test will be conducted simultaneously throughout the SAARC region on 10th April, 2016.
- The fee for appearing in the entrance test is US $10 or INR 650/-. Applications for admission will be accepted only online and payment must be made by credit/debit cards or net banking.
- Those who cannot pay the application fee online still need to fill and submit the online application form. They can then courier a bank draft for US$ 10 or INR 650/- drawn in favor of “South Asian University” payable at New Delhi to the Deputy Registrar Admissions, South Asian University, Akbar Bhawan, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021, India.
- The bank draft must have the name of the candidate, application number and the program applied for at the back of the bank draft. However, registration will be done only on receipt of the bank draft.
To know more about Application Form Click Here
SAU 2016 Results
South Asian University 2016 LLM Entrance Exam Results likely to be declared in the month of May, 2016.
To know more about Results Click Here
SAU 2016 Important dates
- Last date of submitting filled application form : 30th March, 2016
- Entrance Exam : 10th April, 2016
- Classes Begin from : 26th July, 2016
Deputy Registrar (Admissions)
South Asian University,
New Delhi – 110 021 ( India ),
Telephone No. : 91 – 11 – 24122512 – 14,
Fax No. : 91 – 11 – 24122511,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.sau.int.
law entrance exams - south asian university -