NLU Delhi 2017 Question Bank CD -
NLU Delhi Entrance Exam 2017
The National Law School University, Delhi established in 2008 by act 1 of 2008 is premier Law University established in the capital city of India. The Vision of the University is to make legal education an instrument of social, political and economic change. The NLU Law University is committed to preparing lawyers who will not only be professionally competent, technically sound and socially relevant, to enter the bar and the bench but also be equipped with addressing the imperatives of the new world and uphold the rule of law.
The endeavor of the University will be to impart knowledge in various aspects of law and to introduce the young generation of lawyers to a wide range of opportunities in legal profession. The National Law University is creating state of the art infrastructure and facilities at its campus for learning and research at Sector 14, Dwarka, New Delhi.
NLU Delhi AILET 2017 Entrance Exam
The National Law University Delhi has conduct the All India Law Entrance Test ( AILET ) – 2017 for admission to BA LLB ( Hons. ), LLM and PhD Programs for the academic year 2017.
NLU Delhi AILET 2017 Eligibility
B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)- Five-Year Programme Eligibility:
Senior Secondary School Examination ( 10+2 System ) or Equivalent Examination with 50% marks. The candidates appearing in the 12th standard examination in March / April, 2017 can also apply.
Age : Below 20 years as on 1 July, 2017 ( 22 years in case of SC / ST candidates ). Below 20 years as on 1 July, 2017 ( 22 years in case of SC / ST candidates ).
Total Seats: 80 [ 70 seats on merit through All India Law Entrance Test ( AILET ) and 10 seats for direct admission to Foreign Nationals on merit ]. Foreign Nationals are exempted from AILET.Foreign Nationals to be eligible should have 65% marks in the qualifying examination.
Reservation : 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 3% for Persons with Disabilities.
Note: One additional seat for Kashmiri Migrants. Two supernumerary seats for students from Jammu & Kashmir subject to approval of Governing Council. The candidates have to appear in the AILET and fulfill the eligibility criteria as applicable.
NLU Delhi AILET 2017 LL.M. (One year) Eligibility :
LL.B. or an Equivalent Law Degree with 55 % marks ( 50% in case of SC / ST/ Persons with Disability ). The candidates appearing in final LL.B. examination in April / May, 2017 can also apply.
Total Seats : 35 + 5 seats for Foreign Nationals. Foreign Nationals are exempted from AILET ( No. of seats may vary ).
Reservation : 15% for SC Candidates, 7.5% for ST Candidates, 3% for Persons with Disabilities.
NLU Delhi AILET 2017 Ph.D. Eligibility :
LL.M. Degree with 55% marks or its equivalent(50% in case of SC / ST / Persons with Disability ). For detailed eligibility conditions visit University website www.nludelhi.ac.in
NLU Delhi AILET 2017 Exam Pattern
|Total Marks||150 Marks|
|Total number of questions||150 Marks|
|Duration of the Examination||1 hour 30 minutes|
Subject areas and marks distribution :
|Subject areas and marks distribution English||35 Marks|
|General Knowledge||35 Marks|
|(Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, Civics) Legal Aptitude||35 Marks|
|(Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, Civics) Legal Aptitude||35 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10 Marks|
2. AILET LLM Exam Pattern :
|Duration of the examination||90 Minutes|
|Subject areas||Law of Contracts, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Legal Theory|
|Total Number of questions||100 ( objective type ) and 1 ( Essay )|
|Objective Type||100 questions of one mark each|
|Essay||One Essay of 50 marks on a topic of law from the above subjects.|
3. AILET Ph.D Exam pattern :
There shall be a written test which will consist of two papers:
i. Paper I – Research Methodology :
100 marks, Objective type 100 questions of Multiple Choice, Duration 1 hour 30 minutes
ii. Paper II – Research Proposal Specific Paper :
This shall not be a written paper. The candidate has to submit a research proposal not exceeding 15 pages on the topic in which the candidate wants to pursue a Ph.D.
The Research Proposal shall contain
- Statement of problem & background information on the subject
- Research questions,Hypothesis & Methodology; and
- Research design
The candidates must submit the Research Proposal ( three copies ) after declaration of AILET 2014 result failing which the candidates will not be interviewed.
Each paper shall carry a maximum of 100 marks. The candidates successful in the written test shall be required to make an oral presentation before the Doctoral Committee on the dates notified by the University.
Categories of Enrollment :
Full-time Enrollment :
- Enrollment for the Ph.D. Degree shall ordinarily be full-time. The candidate shall put in a minimum of two-years residence of which at least 18 months shall be in the university. There shall thus be provision for the candidate to earn credits for research work done outside the university.
- Three years shall be the maximum period in which a full time candidate should complete the work and submit it for evaluation.
Part-time Enrollment :
There is a provision for part-time enrolment for the Ph.D. Degree.
- A part-time candidate shall put in a minimum of three years of part-time study in the University including time spent for research at any other place with the permission of the supervisor. The part-time candidate shall put in residence in the University for at least a total period of 6 months spread over the three year period.
- Five years shall be the maximum period in which the part-time candidate shall complete the research work and submit it for evaluation.
- Conversion either from part-time to full-time or from full-time to part-time is to be permitted only with the approval of the Doctoral Committee.
- In cases of both part-time and full-time enrollment the supervisor of the candidate shall ensure monitoring of the research work done by the scholars outside the university campus by insisting on production of adequate proof of work done.
Expiry / Lapse of Enrollment :
Enrollment for the Ph. D. shall be deemed to have lapsed after three years from the date of enrollment in the case of full-time scholars and five years in the case of part-time scholars. In such cases, however, the Doctoral Committee, on the application by the concerned scholar along with the report of supervisor, may give extension of time for a period of six months at a time but for a maximum period of not more than one year.
Course Work :
The scholars should undertake course work for a minimum period of one semester and take three courses. The details of the three courses are as follows:
- Course on Legal Education and Research, Course focusing on the research area of Ph. D scholar,and Practical Teaching Course
- The scholars possessing M. Phil./ Ph.D. Degree may be exempted from taking the Research Methodology paper in the course work provided they have completed such a course earlier.
- The Ph. D scholar shall secure at least 50% marks in each paper.
- The course work shall be completed within six months from the date of registration.
- Ph.D. Scholar failing to secure 50% of marks in the courses mentioned above may be provided an opportunity to re-appear one or more times within three months of the publication of results.
- The Ph. D scholar shall be allowed to continue further research work only after completing the course work as mentioned above.
Eligibility of Teachers for Guiding Research Students :
- Professor, Visiting Professor with total ten years of teaching experience will be eligible to guide five students for Ph.D.
- Associate Professor with total eight years of teaching experience with Ph.D. will be eligible to guide four students for Ph.D.
- The Number of seats for Ph.D. will depend on the availability of suitable candidates but it will not exceed 10 students in an academic year.
NLU Delhi AILET 2017 Exam Centres
- Admission to B.A. LL.B. ( Hons ), LL.M. and Ph.D. Programmes will be through AILET to be conducted at Ahmedabad (Gandhinagar), Amritsar, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Cuttack, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Raipur, and Varanasi on 7th May, 2017 ( Sunday ).
NLU Delhi 2017 Application Form
- Interested candidates should apply only online on payment of 3,000/- ( Rupees Three Thousand Only ) for General Candidates, 1,000/- ( Rupees One thousand only ) in case of SC / ST and Persons with Disability ( PD ) excluding service charges along with copy of requisite Caste / Person with Disability Certificate. Below Poverty Line ( BPL ) applicants of SC / ST category are exempted from application fee. For further details relating to Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern of Entrance Test etc. visit University website: http://www.nludelhi.ac.in
To know more about NLU Delhi 2017 Entramce Exam Click Here
NLU Delhi 2017 Admit Card
- The students should apply only online for admission through: http://nludelhi.admissionhelp.com, http://www.nludelhi.ac.in up to 7th April, 2017. The admit cards will be available online w.e.f. 14 April, 2017 on the above websites.
NLU Delhi AILET 2017 Result Date
National Law University All India Law Entrance Test ( B.A.LL.B.( Hons. ) ) 2017 Result will be declared on 18th May, 2017
Please keep watching this page, to check your NLU Results 2017..
To know more about NLU Delhi 2017 Results Click Here
To know more about NLU Delhi 2017 Question Papers Click Here
NLU Delhi AILET 2017 Important Dates
|S.No.||Description of Specific Activities||NLU, Delhi Dates|
|1.||Issues of notification||3rd January, 2017|
|2.||Starting date for availability of application forms||3rdJanuary, 2017|
|3.||Last date for submission of application forms||7th April, 2017|
|4.||Availability of Admit Card||14th April, 2017|
|5.||Date of AILET 2017||07th May, 2017|
|6.||Timing for AILET-2017||From 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM|
|7.||Declaration of AILET 2017 Result ( BA.LL.B( Hons .)||18th May, 2017 ( tentative )|
|8.||Date for issue of letters for admission (1st List)||18th May, 2017(tentative)|
|9.||Last date for deposing fee (1st List)||10th June, 2017|
|10.||Date for spot counseling for vacant seats||24th June, 2017|
|11.||Last date for depositing fee for the candidates selected in spot counseling||05th July, 2017|
|12.||Close of admission||25th July, 2017|
|13.||Interview of selected candidates||28th& 29th July, 2017|
|14.||Orientation programme||30th July, 2017|
|15.||Start of session/classes||01st August, 2017|
|LL.M ( One Year Programme )|
|16.||Declaration of LLM AILET 2017 Result||1st July, 2017 ( tentative )|
|17.||Declaration of Ph.D. AILET 2017 Result||15th July, 2017( tentative )|
National Law University Delhi,
Sector – 14, Dwarka,
New Delhi – 110 078,
Telephone No. : 0120-4160880 / 81,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com,
Website : www.nludelhi.ac.in.
|Online Application Form : http://nludelhi.admissionhelp.com/nlu/login.aspx|
law entrance exams - nlu delhi -