Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences – SVIMS Entrance Exam 2016
SVIMS Entrance Examination 2016
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences invites applications form the eligible candidates can applying the folloeing Courses for the year 2016 – 2017.
These rules may be called the Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences regulation of admissions, applicable to graduate and diploma courses.
- Group A – B.P.T., B.Sc. ( Nursing ) & B.Sc. ( Paramedical )
- Group B – Diploma in Radiotherapy Technology
SVIMS Eligibility 2016 :
The candidates for admission to the graduate courses shall have passed intermediate examination or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto with optional subjects of botany, zoology, physics & chemistry. Inter with optional subjects of MPC are eligible for B.Sc ( NMT ) & DRT courses ( S.No. 11 & 12 ).
The students who have passed intermediate vocational bridge course with Biology & Physical Sciences are also eligible for courses S.No. 1 to 10 subject to merit in the Bridge course in Physical & Biological sciences.
The following qualifications are also considered equivalent to be eligible for admission to the courses as mentioned against them even without bridge course :
- Intermediate vocational ( Nursing ) – B.Sc ( N )
- Intermediate vocational ( Physiotherapy ) – B.P.T.
- Intermediate vocational ( M.L.T. ) – B.Sc ( MLT )
- Intermediate Vocational ( Radiography ) – B.Sc ( RIT )
Any other qualification awarded by the board of intermediate education equivalent to the specialization offered by the university at intermediate level are also eligible.
A candidate should have secured not less than 50 % of marks in the optional subjects of the intermediate examination or equivalent examination. In case of SC / ST & Backward classes candidates, it shall be, not less than 40% of marks.
SVIMS Application Form 2016 :
- Application is common for all courses. Single application will be sufficient.
- Online Application Form at nearest Mee-Seva Centre.
- Candidate to fill the General Information to fill the Application Form.
- Proforma of Residence Certificate is available in Annexure – III.
- Candidate seeking admission is required to apply through AP Online / TS Online only through Mee-Seva centres ).
- Fee payment : The candidate has to pay an amount of 400/- + application process fee as applicable.
- Qualifying Details :Choose the study during intermediate or equivalent.Enter the hall ticket no. Further data shall be automatically captured i.e., Candidates name, Father name, Mother name, Year of passing, Group, Pass grade, Total marks secured, Marks secured in optional subjects, Optional subjects means: Maths, Physics, Chemistry for Inter MPC group and Botany, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry for BiPC group.
If the candidate studied other than intermediate ( regular ) i.e. Inter Vocational / CBSE/ ICSE / APOSS / NIOS etc. enter the above details manually and marks statement is to be uploaded ( Mandatory ).*
- Age Limit : A candidate should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or would complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
SVIMS 2016 Selection Procedure
Admissions are made based on the marks secured in the qualifying examination. However, the order of preference to be followed in deciding the merit of the candidate, in case of a tie is given below:
- Passing the qualifying examination in a single attempt
- Total marks secured
- Optional subjects ( Group ) marks secured
- Elder person based on the date of birth.
1. The percentage of marks shall be calculated up to three decimal places
2. The marks secured in the bridge course shall be considered for deciding merit, in case the candidate is opting for the course other than the specialty concerned.
SVIMS Counselling 2016 :
The candidates called for counseling have to report for counseling in person with interview card and other required original documents. Not attending to the counseling shall render the candidate forfeiting his / her right for admission and the next candidate in the order of merit will be preferred.
A candidate has to obtain the minimum marks as mentioned below, in the qualifying examination for getting eligibility for counseling : Open category – 40% BC category – 35% SC / ST category – 30% NCC / sports / ex-servicemen – 35%.
Admission into these courses will be made directly based on the merit in their qualifying examination. The date of interview will be intimated to the eligible candidates and will be placed in the institute’s website.
The selection committee has the right to review the selections in case of errors, misrepresentation or fraud. Any decision of the selection committee shall be final and binding.
SVIMS 2016 Important Dates
- Availability of applications through Mee-Seva centres : 07th May, 2016
- Last date for receipt of applications : 03rd June, 2016
- Display of provisional merit list : 15th June, 2016
- Receiving objections ( if any ) through email / in person upto 5.00 pm : 18th June, 2016
- Display of final merit list : 21st June, 2016
- Counseling schedule :
Unreserved Category & Open category : 05th July, 2016
Reserved categories (BC, SC, ST) : 06th July, 2016
Special categories ( PHC, NCC, Sports, CAP, TTD / SVIMS ) : 07th July, 2016
- Commencement of classes : Notified later
Contact Details :
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences ( SVIMS )
Alipiri Road, Tirupati – 517 507
Telephone No : 0877-2287777 Ext. : 2458, 2202, 2267
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://svimstpt.ap.nic.in
SVIMS Entrance Examination 2016 Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences invites applications form the eligible candidates can applying the folloeing Courses for the year 2016 – 2017. Courses : These rules may be called the Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences … Continue reading
Exams Date Related : SVIMS Entrance Exam Details 2016, SVIMS Entrance Date 2016, SVIMS Entrance Test 2016, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences – SVIMS Entrance Exam 2016, SVIMS Exam Date 2016, SVIMS Application Form 2016, SVIMS Application Form Fee 2016, SVIMS Application Form Status, SVIMS 2016 Last Date, SVIMS Admit Card Date, SVIMS Important Dates 2016, SVIMS Admission Schedule, SVIMS Admission Date 2016, SVIMS Admission Last Date, SVIMS Eligibility, SVIMS Eligibility Criteria 2016, SVIMS Eligibility Criteria Age Limit 2016, SVIMS Age Limit 2016, Minimum Eligibility For SVIMS, SVIMS Exam Centres 2016, SVIMS Reservation Of Seats, SVIMS Result Date 2016, SVIMS Merit List 2016, SVIMS Selection Procedure 2016, SVIMS Selection Process, SVIMS Counselling Date 2016,
Posted In exams date : Leave a response for sri venkateswara institute of medical sciences – svims entrance exam 2016 by vennila