Joint Entrance Screening Test – JEST 2017
JEST 2017 Entrance Exam
Applicants seeking admission for a Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology in one of the Participating Institutes may appear for the Joint Entrance Screening Test ( JEST ) at one of the Exam Centers.
The Science & Engineering Research Board ( SERB ) ( statutory body established through an Act of Parliament ) recognizes JEST as a National Eligibility Test ( NET ) in their office Memo vide OM No.SB/S9/Z-01/2015. Fellows working in SERB programmes and qualified in NET are eligible to get enhanced fellowship.
Participating Institutes have their own eligibility criteria. Applicants who are expected to complete their final examinations by August of each year are also eligible to appear for the JEST exam of that year. Applicants must pay an application fee and register to appear for the exam.
JEST 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- M.Sc. in Physics or M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in related disciplines.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- B.E. or B.Tech. will also be considered at IISc, IMSc, ICTS-TIFR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA – TIFR, TIFR – TCIS, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram and SNBNCBS.
- Talented final year B.Sc. and first year M.Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics students may also apply to be pre selected for research scholarship at IUCAA.
- MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics will also be considered at IPR. At TIFR, only B.Tech Eng. Phys. and M.Sc. Physics are eligible.
Theoretical Computer Science / Neuroscience / Computational Biology :
- M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. / M.C.A. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science. Visit website of IMSc for further details. M.Sc ( Physics / Mathematics ), B.E / B.Tech / M.C.A in Computer Science for Ph.D. in Neuroscience at NBRC.
- M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA in any engineering or science discipline, with good mathematical skills and strong interest in biological problems for Ph.D. in Computational Biology at IMSc.
Integrated M.Sc / M.Tech – Ph.D Program
- At HRI, IISER – Pune, ICTS – TIFR, SNBNCBS, NCRA – TIFR, and TIFR – TCIS candidates with a Bachelor’s degree will also be considered for the integrated M.Sc., Ph.D. programme in Physics.
- At IMSc, graduates with Bachelor’s degree in science / mathematics / /statistics / computer science / information technology / Engineering will also be considered for admission in Physics and in Theoretical Computer Science, as part of an integrated Ph.D. programme. All candidates successful in the course work of this programme shall be awarded an M.Sc. degree.
- At SNBNCBS, graduates with B.Sc. ( Physics ) / B.E. / B.Tech. degree will be considered for the integrated Post – B.Sc. – Ph.D. programme in subject areas mentioned above.
- At IIA, graduates with B.Sc. ( Physics / Mathematics ) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered.
- At NBRC, B.Sc. ( Physics / Mathematics ) & B.E./ B.Techi ( Computer Science ) will be considered for integrated M.Sc – Ph.D in Neuroscience.
Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D Program at IIA
Graduates with M.Sc. ( Physics / Applied Physics ) / Post – B.Sc. ( Hons ) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics / B.E. / B.Tech. degree in subjects mentioned above will be considered. Visit IIA website for details.
Integrated PhD Program at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Graduates with Bachelor’s degree in Physics / Technology / Engineering will be considered for the Int. Ph.D. Program in Physics.
JEST 2017 Online Application Form
To apply online, applicants must create an account using a valid email-id. This account will remain valid from the time of account creation till one month after the date of declaration of results, for that year. Email-ids are linked to the created account as well as to the application, and will be used for all communications with the applicants. Therefore, the email-id should be active and must not be changed during this period. To submit application online, applicants must login to the created account and complete the application form. After submission, an unique submission number will be sent to your email-id. Please save all the emails sent to you and the unique submission number must be quoted by the applicant for any communication with the JEST authority.
The steps for submission of Online Application Form are :
- Register yourself before you login. It is assumed that you already have an email id.
- To register, the candidate has to click on the “register to appear for the exam” link in the Homepage. You will receive an email with your account information after registering with a valid email id. Follow the instructions given in the email for resetting your password and further login.
- Login to the JEST homepage with your username ( your email id ) and password. Fill the form and save it, or, modify an already saved form. Press the “Submit Application” button ONLY when you have inserted and checked all the mandatory entries.
- Upload jpg files of your Passport size photo and scanned signature.
- Pay the application fee online using the State Bank of India i – collect facility. Please check the FAQ for details of the payment process.
- After Online submission of the application form and successful e-payment of the application fee, your submission procedure will be considered complete. NO modification will be allowed after this.
JEST 2017 Application Form Fee :
An Application Fee of 300 ( 150 for SC / ST applicants Only ) is required to be paid along with the application which can be paid online using Debit / Credit cards and Net Banking. Payment by any other mode will NOT be accepted.
To Know more about JEST 2017 Application Form Click Here
JEST 2017 Exam Centers :
The Joint Entrance Screening Test will be held at the locations indicated below :
|JEST 2017 Exam Centres|
To Know more about JEST 2017 Exam Centers Click Here
JEST 2017 Important Dates
Joint Entrance Screening Test 2017 – Schedule
|1.||Registrations open from||15th November, 2016|
|2.||Online applications will be available for submission from||15th November, 2016|
|3.||Last date for submitting online applications and payments is||16th December, 2016.|
|4.||JEST 2017 will be held on||19th February, 2017|
Contact Details :
The Institute of Mathematical Sciences,
CIT Campus, Taramani,
Chennai – 600 113,
Phone No : 044 – 2254 3100,
Fax : 044 – 2254 1586,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.jest.org.in.
JEST 2017 Entrance Exam Applicants seeking admission for a Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology in one of the Participating Institutes may appear for the Joint Entrance Screening Test ( … Continue reading
Exams Date Related : JEST 2017 Entrance Exam, JEST 2017 Exam Date, JEST 2017 Exam Schedule, Joint Entrance Screening Test – JEST 2017, JEST 2017 PhD Exam Date, JEST 2017 Integrated PhD Course, JEST 2017 Exam Notification, JEST 2017 Eligibility Criteria, JEST 2017 PhD Qualification, JEST 2017 PhD Admission Test, JEST Chennai 2017 Marks Eligibility, JEST 2017 PhD Neuroscience Exam, When Joint Entrance Screening Test 2017, JEST 2017 PhD Examination Details, JEST 2017 Exam Duration, JEST 2017 Entrance Test Date, Joint Entrance Screening Test 2017 PhD Program, Educational Qualification for JEST 2017, JEST 2017 Research Program Admission, JEST 2017 Exam Conducting Date, Joint Entrance Screening Test 2017 Brochure,
Posted In exams date : Leave a response for joint entrance screening test – jest 2017 by nirmala