Jamia Millia Islamia PhD Admission 2016
Jamia Millia Islamia applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to Ph.D. programme in IlmulAdvia and Moalajat for the academic year 2016.
JMI PhD Admission 2016 Courses Offered
- Ph.D. in Ilmul Advia
- Ph.D. in Moalajat
JMI PhD 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate seeking admission in Ph.D. Programme in IlmulAdvia or Moalajat must have obtained a Mahir-e-Tib ( M.D. ) degree in IlmulAdvia / Moalajat.
JMI PhD 2016 Exam Pattern
Entrance Test :
- The Entrance Test will be held for short-listing of the applicants. Qualifying the Entrance Test will in no way entitle the candidate to any right to admission in the Ph.D. Programme in IlmulAdvia or Moalajat.
- The entrance test for Ph.D. programme in IlmulAdvia and Moalajat will be comprised of part ‘A’ and ‘B’, which shall be of three hours duration.
- The Part ‘A’ of the question paper shall include 50 multiple choice (objective type) questions of one mark each on research aptitude& methodology, reasoning, comprehension, language, writing and analytical skills and contemporary issues relevant to research and higher education. It shall be common to all applicants for admission to the Ph.D Programme in IlmulAdvia and Moalajat.
- The Part ‘A’ of the question paper shall be of ONE hour duration.
- The Part ‘B’ of the Question Paper shall be devoted to the advance knowledge of subject concerned and that of the specialization (based on the prescribed syllabus for Mahir-e-Tib ( M.D. ) IlmulAdvia/Moalajat), if any. It shall have a weightage of 100 marks out of which 50 marks will be assigned to 50 multiple choice ( objective type ) question of one mark each and a set of subjective types of questions having a weightage of another 50 marks.
- The Part ‘B’ of the question paper shall be of TWO hours duration.
The candidates who qualify the Entrance Test shall be required to prepare a Research Proposal and submit it to the Chairman BOS for Unani Medicine. The research proposal should include: ( i ) Broad Topic of Research, ( ii ) Objectives, ( iii ) Current State of the Literature related to the proposed topic, ( iv ) Proposed Research Work, ( v ) Methodology, ( vi ) References and ( vii ) Any other relevant information the researcher would like to submit.
JMI PhD 2016 Application Form :
- The candidate shall apply online for admission to Ph.D. Programme in IlmulAdvia or Moalajat. The online application form is available on Jamia’s website: http://www.jmi.ac.in. The application fee of 1000/- shall be submitted online for entrance test. The list of candidates found eligible to appear for the Entrance Test shall be notified on the website of the university.
- The candidates will have to submit an affidavit making a self-declaration for his/her availability and successful completion of the course as and when conducted by the concerned Department/Centre/Faculty. No further relaxation will be given in this respect.
- Jamia Millia Islamia shall conduct entrance test for admission to the above programme followed by interview.
JMI PhD 2016 Important Dates
|Last date of submission of online application form||20th October, 2016 ( Thursday )|
|Date and time of Entrance test for Ph.D. Programme||5th November, 2016 ( Saturday ) 10:30 a.m. to 01:30 P.M|
|Venue||Jamia Millia Islamia|
|Commencement of interview of Ph.D. candidates||22nd November, 2016 ( Tuesday )|
JMI Contact Address
Jamia Millia Islamia,
Jamia Nagar, New Delhi – 110 025,
Telephone No : +91(11)26981717,26984617,
Fax No : +91(11)2698 0229,
Website : www.jmi.ac.in.
|JMI Online Application : https://jmi.ucanapply.com/EntranceRet/entrance/?app-id=UElZMDAwMDAxNQ|