Birla Institute of Technology PhD Entrance Exam 2017
BIT Mesra 2017 PhD Entrance Exam
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Full – Time / Part – Time PhD Program in the following deparments for the Session Spring 2017.
- Architecture, Bio-Engineering, Chemical Engineering & Technology, Chemistry, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science & Technology, Physics, Production Engineering, Remote Sensing and Space Engineering & Rocketry
BIT Mesra 2017 PhD Entrance Exam Eligibility
Candidates with following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph. D. Programme of the Institute:
- Candidates possessing M.Tech. / M.E. / M.Sc. ( Engg. ) / M.Arch / M.Pharm / M.Sc. / MCA / MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University / Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Candidates possessing B.Tech. / B.E./ B.Sc. ( Engg. ) / B.Pharm / B.Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University / Institute with minimum 70% or 7.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Candidates possessing B.Tech. / B.E./ B.Sc. (Engg. ) / B.Pharm / B.Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University / Institute with minimum 70% or 7.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination and employed in R&D organisations and having ten years’ experience with good research credentials are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
RELAXATION FOR SC/ ST CANDIDATES
Eligibility criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks for SC / ST candidates.
Note: In case of the candidates with other grade point scale, the decision of the equivalence committee of the institute shall be final.
BIT Mesra 2017 PhD Entrance Exam Pattern
The Ph.D. Entrance Test will be held on 15th December, 2016 from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm at the Institute Main Building in the Institute’s Campus at Mesra, Ranchi- 835215.
The Ph.D. Entrance Test on 15th December 2016 would consist of 2 parts
- General Aptitude Test common to all applicants, from 9:00 am to 10:30 am and
- Subject Specific Tests to examine basic fundamental knowledge in the subject,from
- 11:00 am to 12:30 pm for candidates applied for only one Department
- 11:00 am to 12:30 pm & 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm for candidates applied for two Departments
- 11:00 am to 12:30 pm & 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm & 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm for candidates applied for three Departments
The syllabi of the General Aptitude Test and the Subject Specific Tests for each Department can be seen on the Department web pages on the Institute website.
BIT Mesra 2017 PhD Entrance Exam Selection Procedures
Selection to the Ph.D. programmes would be based on performance in a Written Test, Previous academic record and an Interview. Only such candidates, who obtain the minimum required marks in Aptitude Test, Subject Specific Test and the indicated total percentage of marks, will be considered for final preparation of result as given below:
|Category of applicant||Aptitude Test ( 100||Subject Test ( 100 )||Academic Record ( 60 )||Interview ( 40 )||Total ( 300 )|
|SC / ST||35%||35%||-||-||45%|
BIT Mesra 2017 PhD Entrance Exam Application Form
- To start online application, click on the link, create ‘username’ and ‘password’ when prompted. Do not share the username and password with any body else.
- To apply for the Ph.D. programme ( Session Spring 2017 ), eligible candidates must complete and submit the application online [link available on Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in]. Pay application fee through State Bank Collect ( any nationalized bank ) of 2,500/- ( General candidates ) and 1,500/- ( for SC/ST candidates ). Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Send a printout of the completed application form along with required enclosures ( see List of Enclosures ) in a A4 size envelope by Speedpost / reliable courier (means by which sender may track its movement on internet) to the office of Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215, to reach positively by the due date.
- Write “Application for Ph.D. Admission ( Session Spring 2017 ) on top of the envelope”.
- Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
- Please do not print a blank form and fill it by hand as this will not be accepted.
Note: Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
BIT Mesra 2017 PhD Entrance Exam Fellowships
1. Institute fellowships are available for full-time scholars. [for details, please see separate link].
- Only those with superior performance in the Ph.D. Entrance Test shall be eligible for Institute Fellowship with initial amount of 12,000/- per month for the first year.
- After satisfactory performance ( i.e. clearing all the registered subjects and getting the synopsis approved ) in the first year, the Institute fellowship will be enhanced to 15,000/- ( 14,000/- for Science Departments ) per month in second year.
- Only if a student publishes at least one research paper in SCI journals of repute, then his/her Institute fellowship amount will be enhanced to 18,000/- per month ( 16,000/- for Science Departments ) in the third year.
- If a student fails to clear all the subjects in maximum two attempts, he/she will be dropped from the programme and he/she will be required to return the total amount of fellowship paid to him/her.
2. Candidates who have qualified in UGC-JRF / CSIR – NET / any other national level test for pursuing Ph.D. would avail the fellowships directly from the respective organizations.
|1||Filling of online form commences from||13th October, 2016|
|2||Last date to Apply Online||17th November, 2016|
|3||Last date of receiving of completed filled-in Application Forms at BIT, Mesra||22th November, 2016|
|4||Date Of Entrance Test||15th December, 2016 ( Thursday )|
|5||Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List on the Institute website / Notice Boards||17th December, 2016|
|6||Admission by||23th December ,2016|
Birla Institute of Technology,
Mesra, Ranchi – 835 215,
Telephone No: 0651-2275444 / 896,
Fax No: 0651- 2276007,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
BIT Mesra 2017 PhD Entrance Exam Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Full – Time / Part – Time PhD Program in the following deparments for the Session Spring 2017. Departments : Architecture, Bio-Engineering, Chemical Engineering & … Continue reading
Exams Date Related : BIT Mesra PhD 2017 Test Date, BIT Mesra PhD 2017 Entrance Exam, BIT Mesra PhD 2017 Eligibility, Birla Institute of Technology PhD Entrance Exam 2017, BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2017, BIT Mesra PhD 2017 Written Test, BIT Mesra 2017 Eligibility Criteria, BIT Mesra PhD 2017 Selection Criteria, BIT Mesra PhD Entrance Exam Date 2017, BIT Mesra PhD 2017 Application Form, BIT Mesra PhD 2017 Online Application Form, Submission of BIT Mesra PhD Application 2017, BIT Mesra PhD 2017 Application Form Last Date, BIT Mesra PhD 2017 Exam Duration, BIT Mesra PhD Entrance Exam 2017 Time, BIT Mesra PhD Exam Scheme 2017, Birla Institute of Technology PhD Admissions 2017, BIT Mesra PhD Programs 2017, BIT Mesra 2017 PhD Admission Criteria, Birla Institute of Technology PhD Exam 2017, BIT Mesra PhD Brochure 2017,
Posted In exams date : Leave a response for birla institute of technology phd entrance exam 2017 by shanmugapriya