Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination – HSEE 2016
JEE Office, IIT Madras,
Chennai – 600 036,
Telephone No. : 044 – 2257 8220,
Fax : 2257 8224,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : http://hsee.iitm.ac.in.
Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination for admission to the 5 Year integrated Master of Arts Program ( M.A ) in one among the following 2 disciplines :
- English Studies
- Development Studies
HSEE Online Entrance Exam Date 2016
|HSEE 2016 Online Exam Date : 17th April, 2016 ( Sunday ).|
Eligibility for HSEE 2016
1. HSEE 2015 Qualifying Examination ( QE ) :
Candidates applying for HSEE 2016 must have passed for the first time in 2015 or should be appearing in 2016 in any one of the following qualifying examinations ( QE ) :
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities www.aiuweb.org.
- Intermediate or two – year Pre – University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two – year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ).
- H.S.C. Vocational examination.
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) examination ( London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka ) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Candidates who have completed Class XII ( or equivalent ) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public ( Board or Pre – University ) examination earlier.
2. Percentage of Marks in QE :
The candidates belonging to the general category and OBC category must secure a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in the QE. Candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories must secure a minimum of 55% in aggregate in the QE.
In case where only letter grades are mentioned in the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of joining. In case such a certificate is not provided by the candidate, the decision of the HSEE admission committee regarding his / her eligibility shall be final.
3. HSEE 2016 Age limit :
Candidate, whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1991, is eligible for HSEE 2016. However, in the case of SC, ST and PwD candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e., candidates belonging to these categories / sub-categories born on or after October 01, 1986 are eligible. The date of birth as recorded in the High School ( 10th std. / 12th Std. ) first Board / Pre – University Certificate will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce a scanned copy of this certificate along with the completed Application Form as a proof of their age and at the time of admission original certificate has to be produced failing which they will be disqualified.
4. HSEE 2016 Physical Fitness :
Every qualified candidate will have to submit a Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed format that will be made available along with the letter of offer of admission. Candidates will be admitted only if they are physically fit for pursuing a
course of study at the Institute.
5. Important Notes for HSEE 2016 :
- Admission to a candidate will stand cancelled, if the proof of having passed the QE, as per the eligibility criteria specified in Section 13.2, is not submitted to the Institute latest by 30th September, 2016.
- Admissions are subject to verification of facts from the original certificates / documents of the candidates. If an applicant is found ineligible at a later date even after admission, his / her admission will be cancelled. The decision of the HSEE admission committee regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.
- A candidate must satisfy all the aforesaid eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for appearing in HSEE 2016 admission.
HSEE 2016 Exam Date – HSEE 2016 Eligibility Details.
Exams Date Related : HSEE Online Exam Dates 2016, HSEE 2016 Eligibility, HSEE Entrance Exam 2016 Date, Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination – HSEE 2016, HSEE Entrance Exam 2016 Time, HSEE 2016 Age Limits, HSEE 2016 Eligibility Criteria, HSEE 2016 Admission, HSEE 2016 Development Studies Programs, HSEE 2016 Notification, HSEE Entrance Exam 2016 Schedule, HSEE 2016 Qualification, HSEE 2016 Test Dates, HSEE 2016 English Studies Program, HSEE 2016 Examination Time, HSEE Entrance Test Date 2016, HSEE 2016 Qualifying Exam, HSEE 2016 Information Brochure, Eligibility for HSEE Online Exam 2016, HSEE 2016 Exam Important Notes, HSEE 2016 Onile Exam for MA Program, HSEE 2016 Exam Prospectus, Humanities and Social Sciences Online Exam Date 2016,
Posted In exams date : Leave a response for humanities and social sciences entrance examination – hsee 2016 by amala