West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination - WBJEE 2017
|WBJEE 2017 Med / Engg Question Bank CD -|
WBJEE Entrance Exam 2017
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board ( WBJEE ) invites admission Application for BE / B.Tech / B.Arch. / B.Pharm and MBBS / BDS programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
The “WBJEE 2017” examination will be conducted on four subjects :
- Physics and Chemistry.
WBJEE 2017 Eligibility
Applicant must be a citizen of India.
WBJEE 2017 Age Restriction :
- The lower age limit is 17 ( seventeen ) years as on 31st December, 2017. There is no upper age limit in appearing in the WBJEE 2017. A candidate born on or after 1st January, 2000 is not eligible to appear in the WBJEE 2017.
- However, for admission to the degree level Marine Engineering Course The lower age limit is 17 ( seventeen ) years as on 31st December, 2017 and the upper age limit is 25 Years as on 31st December, 2017.
Residential / Domicile requirement :
The Residential / Domicile requirement for admission to different degree level Medical, Dental, Engineering / Technology, Pharmacy & Architecture courses in West Bengal are listed below :
|S.No.||Name of the Institution||Name of the available course( s )||No.of seats|
|1.||Jadavpur University||As decided by theUniversity Authority||2|
|2.||Jalpaiguri Govt. Engg. College||Mechanical Engg. Information Tech.||1
|3.||Kalyani Govt. Engg. College||Electrical Engineering||1|
|4.||Purulia Govt. Engg. College||Comp. Sc. & Engg. Electronics & Comm. Enggg.||1
|5.||Coochbehar Govt. Engg. College||Comp. Sc. & Engg. Electronics & Comm.Engg.||1
|6.||Govt. College of Engg & LeatherTech., Kolkata||Leather Technology||1|
|7.||Govt. College of Engineering &Ceramic Tech., Kolkata||Information Tech.||1|
|8.||Govt. College of Engineering &Textile Tech., Serampur||Information Tech.||1|
|9.||Govt. College of Engineering &Textile Tech., Berhampur||Comp. Sc. & Engg.||1|
Requirement of domicile certificate :
Candidates seeking admission to ( I ) Government Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy Colleges, ( II ) Medical / Dental Colleges, ( III ) Reserve category seats of any Institution, including TFW Category Seats must be domicile of West Bengal.
Only those candidates will be treated as domicile of West Bengal who are either,
- Residing in West Bengal continuously at least for last 10 ( ten ) years as on 31st December, 2016.OR
- Whose parent( s ) is / are permanent resident( s ) of West Bengal having permanent address within the State of West Bengal
Procedure for submission of domicile certificate :
The prescribed Proforma is available in the portal. The proforma as applicable to the candidate has to be downloaded and two copies are to be printed on A4 size white paper.
- Get both copies of the Certificate filled in properly and duly authenticated / signed by a competent Authority as per the list provided.
- Upload a scanned copy of the filled – in and authenticated Domicile Certificate in document uploading stage of online application.
- The Duplicate Copy of the Certificate is to be retained with the Office of the Issuing Authority for future reference / verification.
- The candidate must retain the Original Certificate and shall have to produce it at the Reporting Centre during counselling and admission.
WBJEE Academic Eligibility Criteria
1. For Engineering / Technology courses other than Marine Engineering :
1.1.In Calcutta University ( Other than Department of Jute & Fibre Technology ) :
Candidate must have passed the Qualifying Examination the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subjects as stated above in regular class mode.
- Must have obtained at least 45% marks ( 40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category ) in the above three subjects taken together.
- Must have passed English in the ‘10+2’ examination with at least 30% marks.
- The Board of the said Qualifying Examination must be recognized by the Central Government or State Government concerned.
1.2. Important consideration in terms of academic qualification :
A candidate appearing in the Qualifying Examination i.e. the ‘10+2’ Standard Examination in 2017 may appear in the WBJEE 2017 but shall not be made eligible for allotment of seat for admission if he / she does not pass the Qualifying Examination with required minimum standard of eligibility criteria as stated above.
1.3. In Calcutta University :
All available Courses except ‘Jute & Fibre Technology :
Candidates must pass Higher Secondary Pass ‘10+2’ or equivalent Examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects with at least 60 % ( 55% for Reserve Category Students ) marks in all the above three subjects taken together, individual pass marks ( both in theory & practical where ever applicable ) in each of the subjects and with at least 30 % marks in English.
Jute & Fibre Technology Course :
Candidates must pass Higher Secondary Pass ‘10+2’ or equivalent Examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology as compulsory subjects with at least 45% ( 40% for Reserve Category Students) marks in all the above three subjects taken together, individual pass marks (both in theory & practical where ever applicable ) in each of the subjects and with at least 30 % marks in English.
In Jadavpur University :
Candidates must pass Higher Secondary Pass ‘10+2’ or equivalent Examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects with at least 60% ( 45% for Reserve Category Students ) marks in all the above three subjects taken together, individual pass marks ( both in theory & practical where ever applicable ) in each of the subjects and with at least 30 % marks in English.
Five Year Degree Course in Architecture :
Besides the academic qualifications as stated above, candidates must qualify either in NATA ( National Aptitude Test in Architecture ) conducted by the COA ( Council of Architecture ) or in the Paper – II of JEE Main, 2017 conducted by the CBSE Board.
1.4 In other Institutes :
Candidate must have passed the Qualifying Examination i.e. the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks ( in both theory and practical wherever applicable ) in all the three subjects as stated above in regular Class mode.
Must have obtained at least 50% marks ( 40% in case of candidates belonging to WBJEE 2017 Information Bulletin Page: 12 / 62 reserved category ) in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English taken together. The Board of the said Qualifying Examination must be recognized by the Central Government or State Government concerned.
To know more about WBJEE 2017 Eligibility Click Here
Allocation of WBJEE 2017 Examination Centres
Allocation of examination centre will be based on the choices given by the candidate during online form fill-up. However, discretion of the Board in allocation of examination centre shall be final.No request for change of allocated centre will be entertained under normal circumstances.
- Candidates from West Bengal, Assam and Tripura must select any three zones in order of preference.
- Candidates from states other than the above must select any three zones from Kolkata / Howrah / North 24 Pgs / South 24 Pgs in order of preference.
Any examination zone may be dropped if adequate numbers of candidates are not available
|Districts of W B.||Zones|
|Alipurduar ( 70 )||Alipurduar ( 701 )|
|Bankura ( 71 )||Bankura ( 711 )||Bishnupur ( 712 )|
|Birbhum ( 72 )||Bolpur ( 721 )||Suri ( 722 )|
|Burdwan ( 73 )||Asansol ( 731 )||Bardhaman ( 732 )||Durgapur( 733 )|
|Coochbehar ( 74 )||Coochbehar ( 741 )|
|Darjeeling ( 75 )||Kurseong ( 751 )||Siliguri( 752 )|
|Dinajpur Dakshin ( 76 )||Balurghat ( 761 )|
|Dinajpur Uttar ( 77 )||Raiganj ( 771 )|
|Hooghly ( 78 )||Arambagh ( 781 )||Bandel- Chinsurah ( 782 )||Srirampur ( 783 )|
|Howrah ( 79 )||Bally – Uttarpara ( 791 )||Central – Shibpur ( 792 )||Domjur ( 793 )||Ulluberia ( 794 )|
|Jalpaiguri ( 80 )||Jalpaiguri (801)|
|Kolkata ( 81 )||Kol-Central ( 811 )||Kol-North ( 812 )||Kol-South( 813 )|
|Malda ( 82 )||Malda ( 821 )|
|Medinipur Paschim(83 )||Garbeta ( 831 )||Jhargram ( 832 )||Kharagpur (833)||Medinipur ( 834)|
|Medinipur Purbo ( 84 )||Contai (841)||Haldia (842)||Tamluk (843)|
|Murshidabad ( 85 )||Berhampur ( 851 )||Jiaganj ( 852 )||Raghunathganj( 853 )|
|Nadia ( 86 )||Kalyani ( 861 )||Krishnanagar ( 862 )|
|Purulia ( 87 )||Purulia (871)|
|24 Pgs North ( 88 )||Barrackpur-Barasat ( 881 )||Habra ( 882 )||Basirhat ( 883 )|
|24 Pgs South ( 89 )||Diamond Harbour ( 891 )||Jainagar ( 892 )||Sonarpur- Baruipur ( 893 )|
|Assam ( 90 )||Silchar ( 901 )|
|Tripura ( 91)||Agartala ( 911 )|
WBJEEM 2017 Pattern of Questions & Mode of Answering :
WBJEE 2017 Question Pattern
Questions will be based on the Syllabus for WBJEE 2017 as given in In every subject, all questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQ ) type, with four options against each of the questions.
There will be three categories of questions in each of the subjects. The number of questions as well as maximum marks for each are stated as per the following table:
|Subjuct||Category – I
Full Marks – 1
|Category – II
Full Marks – 2
|Category – III
Full Marks – 2
|Total Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|No.of Questions||No.of Questions||No.of Questions|
Mode of Answering :
- Questions are to be answered on specially designed optical machine readable response ( OMR ) sheet, which will be evaluated by the method of Optical Mark
- Recognition by specially designed machines only and therefore it is very important to follow the correct method of marking.
- There will be four alternative answers for each question. Candidate will indicate response to the questions by darkening the appropriate circle completely with blue / black ball point pen.
- Any other kind of marking e.g. filling the bubble incompletely, filling with pencil, cross mark, tick mark, dot mark, circular mark, over writing, scratching, erasing, white ink, marking outside the bubble etc. may lead to wrong / partial / ambiguous reading of the response. WBJEEB will be, in no way, responsible for such eventuality.
- Response marking cannot be edited / changed / erased / modified. Hence it is advised that the candidate should be sure about the answer before marking and should
Question Category 1 :
- Only one option is correct.
- Correct response will yield 1 ( one ) mark.
- Incorrect response will yield -1 / 4 ( 25% negative ) marks.
- For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1 / 4 ( 25% negative ) marks.
Question Category 2 :
- Only one option is correct.
- Correct response will yield 2 ( two ) marks.
- Incorrect response will yield -1 / 2 ( 25% negative ) marks.
- For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1 / 2 ( 25% negative ) marks.
Question Category 3 :
- One or more options may be correct.
- Only all Correct response will yield 2 ( two ) marks.
- Any combination of correct and wrong response will be treated as incorrect and will yield 0 ( zero ) mark.
- For partially correct response, marks awarded will be = 2 x ( no. of correct options marked / total no. of correct options ).
WBJEE 2017 Online Application Form
WB Joint Entrance Exam 2017 Application Procedure :
Application for the WBJEE 2017 has to be made ONLINE only through the web- portal http://wbjeeb.nic.in. For making the application the candidate need to have a working mobile number and WBJEE 2017 Information Bulleting. All future communications will be done using them only. The application procedure is interactive in nature. Detail guideline is given in. The steps are briefly described below.
WBJEE Online filling of application form :
The candidate will first enter the registration details Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name and Date of birth.
Be careful while entering the registration details. It cannot be changed / edited / modified under normal circumstances. Also the information must match exactly with the school admit cards, mark sheets, certificates, photo identity cards, caste / category certificates etc. which you have to produce to enter the examination hall, during counselling, during admission and during registration with the University.
- Any attempt by a candidate to make duplicate registration will be stopped by the system.
- Thereafter candidates are required to fill up various personal information regarding, Nationality, Religion, Income category, Address, Choice of examination zones, academic detail etc.
- At the end, the candidate has to choose password and security question / answer.
- At this stage the candidate can review the entire application and make changes as necessary.
- The candidate will then be asked to submit the application.
- Then an application number will be generated and SMS / email will be sent to the candidate.
- Candidates have to remember password and security question / answer. The system is automatic. There is no way to recover the password if it is lost.
- It is not possible for any person/agency to change / edit/input any information without knowing the password. Hence candidates must not share their password with anybody. The Board will not be responsible for any change resulting from sharing / divulging the password.
- At this stage candidates may logout or continue to next step.
WBJEEM 2017 Application Fee Details
The candidate will be directed to the page of fee payment and will have following two options :
After up-loading of images candidates will be directed automatically to the fee-payment step.
- The Examination Fees can be paid in cash less mode by ‘Net Banking’/ ‘Debit Card’/ ‘Credit Card’ or in cash using Allahabad Bank e-challan, which will be automatically generated for downloading once the same option is selected. The candidate has to take a print of the challan and deposit the fees in cash in any branch of Allahabad Bank with Core Banking Services ( CBS ).
- There is no other method of paying the application fee besides the above.
- The amount of Examination Fees The amount of fees to be paid for appearing in the WBJEE 2017 is 500 ( Rupees five hundred only ) plus the Bank’s Service Charges as applicable.
- The fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances
Confirmation Page :
On successful completion of all the above steps, candidate shall automatically be directed to the option for downloading and printing of the ‘Confirmation Page’ which itself signifies the completion of Online-Submission of Application for WBJEE 2017 and accordingly implies that the candidate’s application is complete and accepted..
Application is not complete until the confirmation page is generated :
Candidate should take a Print-out of the Confirmation Page and should preserve the same carefully till the completion of admission process. The confirmation page cannot be regenerated at any later stage. Hence it is the responsibility of the candidate to preserve it safely.
Discrepancy and correction :
- It is not possible to correct any registration data i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name and Date of birth.
- If any candidate intends to correct any other information in his / her application, he / she can do so during the given correction window period using the edit mode. The Board cannot entertain any request for any correction under any circumstances beyond the correction window period.
- Confirmation page, admit card, rank card etc. will be issued with the personal detail as given by the candidate. In case of any problem to the candidate during admission or thereafter due to any mistake committed by him/her, the Board is not in a position to render any help e.g. issuing any letter of correction. The candidate has to take corrective actions at his / her end with the institute, where he / she takes admission
To know more about WBJEE 2017 Application Form Click Here
List of WBJEEM 2017 Allahabad Bank Branches
Payment through Allahabad Bank e – Challan :
The Examination Fees can be paid in cash less mode by ‘Net Banking’ / ‘Debit Card’ / ‘Credit Card’ or in cash using “Allahabad Bank” e – challan, which will be automatically generated for downloading once the same option is selected. The candidate has to take a print of the challan and deposit the fees in cash in any branch of Allahabad Bank with Core Banking Services ( CBS ).
After payment, the candidate has to login to the system and upload the details written on the e – Challan by the bank official. When the details are uploaded, the Confirmation Page will be generated.
To know more about WBJEE 2017 Application Form Bank Branches Click Here
WBJEE 2017 Admit Card
Admit cards will be generated on the notified date for the student to download and take a print. Candidate has to carry to the examination centre a printed hard copy of the admit card.
- Candidates must ensure that the admit card is not mutilated / distorted / soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated / distorted / soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in WBJEE 2017.
- Duplicate admit cards cannot be generated after the examination. Hence, candidates are advised to retain their admit cards carefully in secured place in undamaged condition for all future purpose.
- WBJEEB does not verify the information provided by the candidate during on-line application. Admit cards issued only on the basis of the information provided by the candidate. All applicants who appear to be prima facie eligible will be issued admit cards and shall be provisionally permitted to sit for WBJEE 2017.
- All verifications are done during counseling, admission, registration with the university etc. If at any stage after examination it is found on scrutiny that the applicant is otherwise ineligible, his/her candidature shall be treated as cancelled even if he / she had appeared in and secured a Merit Rank in WBJEE 2017. Appearing in the examination and securing a Rank in the WBJEE 2017 does not constitute a right / guarantee in favour of a candidate for his / her claim for admission.
To know more about WBJEE 2017 Admin Card Click Here
WBJEE 2017 Syllabus
- Syllabus for Mathematics
- Syllabus for Physics
- Syllabus for Chemistry
- Syllabus for Biological Science
To know more about WBJEE 2017 Syllabus Click Here
WBJEE 2017 Results
WBJEE 2017 Result Date :
WBJEE Result 2017: WBJEE 2017 Entrance Exam Results will be declared on 5th June, 2017
Please keep watching this page, to check your WBJEE Entrance Results 2017…
To know more about WBJEE 2017 Results Click Here
WBJEE 2017 Counselling
A separate notification with details of e-counseling / seat allotment and admission will be published in www.wbjeeb.in and www.wbjeeb.nic.in shortly after publication of result. Only those, eligible for e-counseling, will be able to participate in it.
Course-wise and institute wise availability of seats as provided by the competent authorities will also be published before counseling and allotment.
Credentials of all candidates participating in e-counseling will be verified at Reporting Centers on stipulated dates. Details of the reporting centers will be given in the rank cards of the candidates declared eligible for e-counseling.
To know more about WBJEE 2017 Counselling Click Here
To know more about WBJEE 2017 Question Papers Click Here
WBJEE 2017 Exam Schedule
|Date of Examination||Paper / Subjuct||Time Schedule|
|23rd April, 2017 ( Sunday )||Paper – I ( Mathematics )
Paper – II ( Physics & Chemistry )
|11:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
WBJEE 2017 Important Dates
|1.||Start of WBJEE 2017 Online form fill-up||5th January, 2017|
|2.||Last date of WBJEE 2017 online form fill-up including payment and downloading confirmation page||4th February, 2017|
|3.||Window for WBJEE 2017 correction by candidates||6th February, 2017 to 8th February, 2017|
|4.||Publication of WBJEE 2017 Downloadable Admit Card||12th April, 2017 ( tentative )|
|5.||WBJEE 2017 Date of Examinations:Paper-I ( Mathematics )Paper-II ( Physics & Chemistry )||23rd April, 201711:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|6.||Publication of Results WBJEE 2017||5th June, 2017 ( tentative )|
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board,
AQ – 13 / 1, Sector – V,
Salt Lake City,
Kolkata – 700 091,
Website : www.wbjeeb.in.
|WBJEE 2017 Application Form :http://wbjeeb.nic.in/GenRegWB/root/Home.aspx?appFormId=wbjeeb17|
entrance exam - wbjee -