SGBAU Entrance Exam 2016
The Department of Biotechnology at Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University was started from the academic year 1994 with full financial support from Government of Maharashtra for building ( 13087.92 sq.ft ), equipment, teaching faculty and non – teaching staff. At present this department offers a full – fledged two – year postgraduate course in Biotechnology and also actively engaged in research activities.
SGBAU MSc Biotechnology Entrance Exam 2016
Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University invites application for admission to M.Sc. Biotechnology ( CBCS ) Program through Online Entrance Test for the academic year 2016 – 2017.
SGBAU MSc Biotechnology Eligibility 2016
The candidate appearing for SGBAU Entrance Examination for the purpose of admission to M.Sc. ( Biotechnology ) course shall have minimum eligibility as :
1) B.Sc. in any discipline of Life Sciences, Biosciences or Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural, Veterinary and Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy or Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery ( M.B.B.S. ) or Bachelor of Dental Surgery or equivalent examination recognize by Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University are eligible to appear in entrance test as given in para 3 below;
2) The students should have minimum 50% marks as aggregate in the degree course.
3) The students will have to pass entrance examination for admission in M.Sc. Sem – I ( Biotechnology ) as per the Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University rules.” Eligibility of candidates who are due to appear in the qualifying examination.
4) The candidate who are due to appear in the respective qualifying examination prescribed as eligibility for admission shall also be considered for appearing in the Entrance Test. Such candidates will be allowed to appear in Entrance Examination at their own risk and on the clear stipulation that in the event of their selection, they will be entitled to admission only if they secure the minimum prescribed percentage of marks in their qualifying degree examination and that they will be required to submit all the documents including final mark sheet of the qualifying examination before the deadline for admission fixed by the Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University.
5) Candidate will be declared eligible for admission to M.Sc. ( Biotechnology ) course as per the merit list prepared by the Central Admission Committee.
6) Candidate securing less than 45% marks in Entrance Examination will not be eligible for admission in M.Sc. Biotechnology Course.
7) The University shall not assure admission to the M.Sc. ( Biotechnology ) ( Two Years Degree Course ) to all, who have passed Entrance Examination,. The admissions would be finalised by Central Admission Committee. There shall be a waiting list. The selected candidates have to apply a fresh for admission to Central Admission Committee.
8) The total intake capacity shall be 20. Out of total intake capacity :
- 70% seats shall be reserved for the students of the University.
- 20% seats shall be reserved for the students of other Universities and states.
- 10% seats shall be reserved for the students from the foreign countries. Provided, the seats reserved for category 2 and 3 above remain vacant, these seats shall be filled in from the students of this university.
9. No complaint or any other matter will be entertained by the University in this respect.
10. Reservations for candidates as per Maharashtra State Government rules.
11. Application for Entrance Examination will not be considered unless it is :
- Properly and correctly filled in, and signed by the candidate appearing for the test.
- Accompanied by true copies of the requisite certificates i.e. certified copies of marklists.
- And, received in the office of the Central Administrative Service Unit, Library Building, Amravati University, Amravati on or before the Last date prescribed before closing hour.
Note : Application received after the LAST DATE will not be entertained in any circumstances.
To know more about SGBAU MSc Biotech Eligibility Click Here
SGBAU MSc Biotechnology Exam Pattern 2016
There shall be an SGBAU Entrance Examination for M.Sc. Biotechnology ( Two Year degree Course – Semester Pattern ). SGBAU question paper for the entrance examination will be of two hours duration and divided into two parts :
Part A : Will have multiple choice questions at the level of 10 + 2. The questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. There will be 30 questions. Each question will carry one mark ( Total Marks for Part A – 30 ).
Part B : Will also have multiple choice questions at the level of Bachelor Degree. There will be 10 questions from Chemistry and 60 questions from Biology ( Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Biotechnology ). Each question will carry one mark. ( Total Marks for Part B – 70 ).
SGBAU MSc Biotechnology Application Form 2016
1) Before filling application please draw a DD of 750/- for Open category and 500/- for reserved category in favour of “Registrar, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University”, payable at Amravati” from any nationalized bank OR make payment of the application fee in cash in Amravati University and acquire payment receipt.
2) Attach DD or Fee receipt ( if payment is made in cash ) and required documents with application form.
3) Send the form in A4 size envelope by Courier / Registered post / by hand to the following address :
Biotech entrance committee,
CASU office, Vidyarthi Bhawan,
SGB Amravati University,
Amravati – 444602.
To know more about SGBAU MSc Biotech Application Form Click Here
SGBAU MSc Biotechnology Selection Procedure 2016
The selection will depend strictly on the merit of the candidate in SGBAU Entrance Examination.
1. SGBAU Entrance Examination will not have negative marking.
2. There shall be no retotalling of marks or revaluation of the answer sheet of the Entrance Examination.
3. The eligibility decided through Entrance Examination would be considered for admission during the current academic year only and would not be allowed to be carried forward for the next academic year.
4. SGBAU Entrance Examination would be of 2 hours duration and would have maximum 100 marks. Discrepancy if any, noted by candidate, in the provided question set should be reported within 15 minutes after the commencement of the Examination.
5. SGBAU Entrance Examination will have multiple choice objective type questions.
SGBAU MSc Biotechnology Results 2016
SGBAU MSc Biotechnology 2016 Exam Date
SGBAU MSc Biotech Entrance Exam will be conducted on 26th June, 2016.
SGBAU MSc Biotechnology 2016 Result
SGBAU MSc Biotechnology 2016 Results will be declared on 28th June, 2016.
Please keep watching this page, to check your SGBAU MSc Biotechnology Results 2016…
To know more about SGBAU MSc Biotech Results Click Here
SGBAU MSc Biotechnology 2016 Important Dates
|1||Application forms will be available from||28th March, 2016|
|2||Last date of receipt of application form at CASU office by post / courier||18th June, 2016 upto 5:00 PM|
|3||Date of SGBAU Entrance Examination||26th June, 2016|
|4||Declaration of result on website||28th June, 2016|
entrance exam - sgbau university -