Karnataka State Eligibility Test Center for Lectureship – KSET 2016
KSET Entrance Examination 2016
The Karnataka State Eligibility Test ( K-SET ) center for Lectureship, University of Mysore, Mysore will be holding the Test on 11th December, 2016 ( Sunday ) for determining the eligibility for Lectureship ( Assistant Professorship ) in various universities / colleges / Institutions ( Government / Aided / Private ) in Karnataka State. K-SET center will conduct the test in 32 ( Thirty Two ) subjects ( listed under item no. IX ) at 11 ( Eleven ) selected Centers ( listed under item no. X ) spread across the Karnataka State.
Karnataka State Eligibility Test 2016 :
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates to appear for Karnataka State Eligibility Test ( KSET ) for Lecturer / Assistant Professorship – 2016 to be conducted on 11th December, 2016.
KSET 2016 Eligibility
1. Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks ( without rounding off ) for general category and 50% for Schedule Category ( SC ), Scheduled Tribe ( ST ), Persons With Disability ( PWD – VH / PH ), Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB, in master’s degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET examination.
2. Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree ( final year ) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also appear for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the KSET examination, eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master’s degree or equivalent examination securing at least 55% marks ( 50% in case of SC, ST, PWD ( VH / PH ), Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB candidates ) within two years from the date of KSET examination, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
3. The Ph.D. Degree holders whose Master’s degree completed on or before 19th September 1991 ( irrespective of declaration of result ) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% marks for appearing in KSET examination.
4. Candidates shall appear for KSET examination in their relevant subject of their post- graduation only, in case the candidate did not find the subject of his post graduation in the list of KSET subjects, the candidate may appear in CBSE UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
5. Candidates other than general category are required to mention their social status ( Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, SC, ST, PWD (VH/PH) ) in the online application form. Candidates may note that they should satisfy the eligibility conditions and they are required to submit attested copies of documents such as post graduate degree marks cards, Xth Marks card, category certificates and certificates related to PWD (VH/PH) enclosed with their application. The candidates should submit the category certificates on or before the last date for submission of hard copy of the application form and the certificate should be issued by the competent authority and the issue date of such certificate should be not earlier to 1st July 2015. In case their ineligibility is detected due to invalid certificate by the KSET agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
6. Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that admission to the examination will not imply that the KSET center has finally accepted his / her candidature. Candidates may note that candidature will be deemed final only upon fulfilling of eligibility conditions.
7. Candidate who became eligible in earlier KSET TEST are not eligible to apply again in the same subject. If any candidate found to be eligible in previous KSET tests and reappearing for the current KSET their candidature will be cancelled and the previous eligibility is withdrawn through de-notification.
KSET 2016 / Age Limit : There is no upper age limit to apply for KSET examination.
To Know more about KSET 2016 Entrance Exam Click Here
KSET 2016 Exam Scheme
The test will be consisting of three papers. The test for all the three papers will consist of only Multiple – choice Questions ( MCQ ).
The KSET Test 2016 will be held on 11th December, 2016 in two separate sessions as mentioned below :
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||60 out of which 50 questions to be attempted||1 hr. 15 min. ( 09.30 A.M to 10.45 A.M )|
|First||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1 hr. 15 min. ( 11.00 A.M to 12.15 P.M )|
|Second||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||2 hr. 30 min. ( 01.30 P.M to 4.00 P.M )|
KSET Paper – I : General Paper is on Teaching and Aptitude :
This Paper shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching / research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness ( relating to Karnataka state geographical, climate, environment, historical, political, social, economic, education and technological knowledge ) of the candidate.
In the event of candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated and within that if grace marks awarded at later stage before declaration of the results to any question even if the candidate unattempted then such questions will also included in the count while counting the first 50 questions.
KSET Paper – II : Subject Paper :
This Paper shall consist of questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each paper will consist of a Test Booklet containing 50 compulsory Multiple choice questions ( MCQ ) of two marks each and maximum marks will be 100.
KSET Paper – III : Subject paper ( in depth questions ) :
This Paper will consist of 75 Multiple choice ( MCQ ) compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidates. Each question will carry two marks and maximum marks will be 150.
i) All the questions of paper II & Paper III are compulsory, covering the entire syllabus ( including all electives, without any options ). The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of paper I and Paper II in OMR sheet provided with test booklet of Paper I and the responses for paper III should be marked in the OMR sheet provided with test booklet of Paper III.
ii) The detailed instructions for filling up the OMR sheet including instructions to candidates will be made available on KSET website www.kset.uni-mysore.ac.in during the Second Week of January, 2017.
iii) A candidate who does NOT appear for Paper – I and Paper – II will NOT be permitted to appear for Paper – III.
iv) There will be no negative marking.
v) For Persons with disability ( PWD Visually Handicapped / Physically Handicapped ) 30 minutes extra time will be provided separately for Paper – I and Paper – II. For Paper – III, 45 minutes extra time shall be provided. They will also be provided the services of a scribe. The services of a scribe will be provided for VH candidates and in case of PH candidates who are not in a position to write in their own handwriting. Such of those VH / PH candidates seeking services of scribes have to make a written request ( at least 15 days before the date of KSET examination ) to the Nodal officer of the respective test center opted by the candidate. Extra time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Physically Handicapped candidates.
To Know more about KSET 2016 Exam Scheme Click Here
KSET 2016 Application Form
KSET 2016 Procedures to Apply
Candidates should note that Application has to be submitted Online Only.
Steps for Submission of Online Application Form :
1) Candidates seeking admission to KSET 2016 examination must apply online through KSET web site http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in.
2) Before proceeding to apply candidates must possess a scanned passport size photo in JPEG format ( 4.5cm x 3.5 cm ) memory should not exceed 200 Kbytes.
3) Candidates should register ( sign up for registration ) giving required Email ID & password.
( Note : Candidate should note down and remember their Email ID and password till the announcement of final results of KSET 2016 examination ). Candidates then proceed to give their personal, educational and KSET exam details, while mentioning their educational qualification they should mention their PG course as Passed or appearing as the case may be.
4) Candidates after successful online registration giving personal, educational and KSET – 16 examination details. They can proceed for making payment of examination Fee by opting either cash payment or online payment. Candidates who choose for cash payment can take the printout of PAY IN SLIP and make payment in any of the Canara Bank Cash Counters only and those who opt for online payment they can choose DEBIT CARD, CREDIT CARD, NETBANKING or NEFT and make payment. After successful payment candidates can take the hard copy of the e-challan provided by the CANARA BANK or a receipt generated from web for online payment.
5) After paying the necessary fee candidates have to login with their registered email ID and password For Downloading the Application Form and Can Take the printout of the 3 sheets of application form ( hard copy ) in A4 size paper as detailed below;
- Application form – to be submitted to the Nodal center chosen by the candidate
- Attendance slip – to be submitted to the Nodal center chosen by the candidate
- Admission card – to be retained by the candidate
6) Hard copy of the application form should be submitted to the respective Nodal center along with e-Challan ( for Cash Payment ) or receipt generated through web ( online payment ) along with attested copies of :
- SSLC Marks Card
- SC, ST, PWD ( VH / PH ), Cat – I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB category certificates
- Proof of qualifying examination certificate and final PG Degree Marks Card.
( For those who apply under appearing may submit the same after passing the qualifying examination ).
Affix his / her pass port size photo at the place indicated on the hard copy of application form and Attendance slip must sign across the photograph. It should also duly be attested by the gazetted officer with seal.
7) Candidates should compulsorily submit the hard copy of application along with all other related documents in an A4 size cover, super scribed as [ Application for KSET – 2016 ], within the last date for submission. Application received after the last date will not be considered.
8) Printout of admission card should be retained by the candidate and bring on the day of examination. No Admission card will be issued separately either by the Nodal centers or by KSET center. Candidates should compulsorily bring the valid Photo i.d. to the examination center without fail.
KSET 2016 Examination Fee and Mode of Payment
- General : 1050/-
- Cat – IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB : 850/-
- Cat – I, SC, ST, PWD ( VH / PH ) : 500/-
Late fee of 150/- has to be paid by candidates who submit online application after the last date till the extended period.
Note : Candidates belonging to category IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, Cat – I, SC, ST, PWD ( VH / PH ) who claim fee exemption must enclose attested Category certificate issued by competent authority along with the hard copy of the application.
Mode of Payment :
The examination fee / late fee have to be paid by opting either cash payment or online payment. After registration for online application candidates who choose for cash payment can take the printout of PAY IN SLIP and make payment in any of the CANARA BANK CASH COUTERS only and those who opt for online payment they can choose DEBIT CARD, CREDIT CARD, NET BANKING OR NEFT and make payment. After successful payment candidates can take the e-challan provided by the CANARA BANK or a receipt generated from web for online payment. After successful payment candidates can download hard copy of application, attendance slip and admission card.
Please note :
- Fee submitted by any other mode like money order / Demand draft / IPO etc., will NOT be accepted.
- Fee once paid will NOT be refunded under any circumstances.
To Know more about KSET 2016 Application Form Click Here
KSET 2016 Exam Centers
The Eleven KSET Centers where test will be conducted in Karnataka State with their respective codes are given below. The candidate can select any one Test Center for KSET examination.
|Sl. No.||Center Name||Center Code|
Note : Please note that test center once selected is final and will not be allowed for change or center under any circumstances.
KSET 2016 Syllabus
Karnataka State Eligibility Test Syllabus and Question Paper 2016 :
a) KSET Syllabus of Test :
Syllabus for KSET examination will be the same as in UGC / CSIR – NET. Syllabi for all the KSET subjects can be downloaded from the table below. The KSET center, Mysore will not send the syllabus to the individual candidates.
In case of any discrepancy found in the English and Kannada versions in the question booklet the question in English version shall be taken as final.
|Subject Code||Subject Name||Download File|
|11||Tourism and Administration||Download|
|13||Library & Information Science||Download|
|14||Mass Communication & Journalism||Download|
|24||Computer Science & Applications||Download|
Note : Candidates should possess Masters degree or any other equivalent examination from Universities / Institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi in the subject opted for KSET examination.
To Know more about KSET 2016 Syllabus Click Here
KSET 2016 Result
KSET 2016 Exam Date :
Karnataka State Eligibility Test 2016 will be conducted on 11th December, 2016.
KSET 2016 Result Date :
Karnataka State Eligibility Test 2016 Results likely to be Released on Month of January, 2017.
Please Keep Watching this Page, to Check your KSET Results 2016…
To Know more about KSET 2016 Result Click Here
KSET 2016 Important Dates
|1.||Notification date||23rd September, 2016|
|2.||Submission of online application commences from||26th September, 2016|
|3.||Last date for submission of online application||25th October, 2016|
|4.||Last date for submission of online application with late fee of 150/-||05th November, 2016|
|5.|| Last date for submission of hard copy of the application form along with copy
of receipt / e-challan, category certificates, to the respective nodal center.
|10th November, 2016|
|6.||Date of Examination||11th December, 2016|
Note : Printout of KSET Online Application Form sent Directly to the KSET Center, Mysore will not be Entertained.
KSET 2016 Important Dates :
Karnataka State Eligibility Test Center,
University of Mysore,
Mysore – 570 005,
Phone No : 0821 – 2419202, 439,
Website : https://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in.
entrance exam - kset -