DTE Kerala Lateral Entry Test - Kerala LET 2017
Kerala LET 2017 Entrance Exam
Lateral Entry Scheme is intended to admit meritorious Diploma holders to the Second Year / Third Semester of the B. Tech courses to acquire a Degree in Engineering. Lateral Entry Scheme is approved by Government of Kerala as per G.O ( MS ) No.156 / 2002 / H.Edn dated : 13 November, 2002 for 10% of the sanctioned seats in addition to total seats. In order to maintain uniformity among various schemes of Diploma holders, it has suggested a state level Entrance Examination for the selection.
Institutions, Courses and Intake :
The list of various Engineering Institutions, the courses / branches offered and the number of seats available in each branch will be published in the website – www.dtekerala.gov.in / www.admissions.dtekerala.gov.in before the ensuing online allotment.
Kerala LET 2017 Eligibility for Admission
- All admission will be as per the rank list prepared based on Entrance Examination conducted by The Joint Controller of Technical Examinations, Thiruvananthapuram vide Clause 9 of the prospectus.
- The admission will be subject to regulations of the Universities concerned.
- Maximum age as on the last date of submission of application will be 30 Years.
- Non – Keralites are also eligible to apply but their admission will be restricted to the Private Self- Financing institution and Non-Government seats in the Government controlled Self – Financing institutions.
- Candidates will be admitted only to the branch of Engineering as per the equivalency
Kerala LET 2017 Eligibility for writing the Entrance Test
- Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering / Technology awarded by any State Board of Technical Education, or Intituttions under Govt of India after undergoing regular course of 3 years are eligible for writing the Entrance Examination. All candidates should produce a certificate showing the duration of the course and the details of the certificate issuing authority properly authenticated by the head of institution concerned, in the space provided in the body of the application form.
- Those who are appearing for the final year diploma examination are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will produce the Qualifying Certificate ( Original or Provisional ) at the time of admission.
To know more about Entrance Exam Click Here
Kerala LET 2017 Application Form
Application forms and prospectus are available in the websites – www.admissions.dtekerala.gov.in, www.dtekerala.gov.in, www.tekerala.org . Application fee is 750 /- for general candidates and 375 /- for SC / ST candidates, which can be paid in ‘Shakti Account’ of The Joint controller of Technical Examination at any branch of State Bank of Travancore.
Kerala LET 2017 Submission of Application
Applications are to be submitted online and the downloaded application form duly filled up along with the relevant certificates and Shakti Chelan form should reach
The Joint Controller of Technical Examinations,
by Registered Post / in Person. The last date for the receipt of application is as per the schedule
To know more about Application Form Click Here
Kerala LET 2017 Exam Centres
Examination centers will be at
Kerala LET 2017 Reservation of Seats
- In Government Engineering Colleges all seats under Lateral Entry scheme will be allotted as Government seats
- All seats under Lateral Entry scheme will be filled from the common rank list prepared by the Directorate of Technical Education for the LET Admission 2017.
- 15% of seats under Lateral Entry are reserved as Management seats in Aided Engineering Colleges and remaining 85% will be allotted as Government seats.
- The availability of Government seats in Government controlled and other Private Self – Financing Engineering Colleges will be announced before the ensuing online admission.
- Communal reservation for candidate belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes ( SEBC ) and SC / ST category will be followed as per usual norms .
- 3% Seats are reserved for physically disabled candidates. Candidates claiming reservation under physically disabled quota shall have a minimum of 40% disability. A disability Certificate from the District Medical Board has to be attached along with the application. Such candidates are also directed to produce a certificate obtained from a Medical officer not below the rank of Assistant surgeon to ensure the fitness of candidates to undergo the course.
- One seat each is reserved for Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, and Information Technology branch for defence quota. For claiming reservation in this quota, the certificate obtained in the prescribed format provided in the body of the application form.
Claim for Communal Reservation
- Candidates belonging to SEBC but do not belong to the category of creamy layer are eligible for reservation under this category.
- Candidates claiming reservation under SEBC category should Produce Non creamy layer certificates obtained from the concerned village officer / Tahsildar in the space provided in the body of the application form.
- The candidates claiming reservation under SC / ST quota should produce community certificate from the concerned Tahsildar in the space provided in the body of the application form.
- In the absence of SC / ST candidates, their seats will be filled from OEC category as per the Annexure-F of the Prospects and they have to furnish community and Non creamy layer certificates from the Village Officer in the space provided in the body of the application form.
- Candidates belonging to the communities listed in Annexure- F ( a ) of the Prospects whose annual family income is up to 6 lakhs are exempted from payment of fee. They should provide community and income certificates from the Village Officer in the prescribed format along with the printout of the application.
- Candidates who are not eligible for communal reservation benefit and who wish to be considered for any scholarship / concession based on the family income that may be announced by Government / College / Admitting Authority at any time after the submission of application should also submit the Non creamy layer certificate, from the concerned authorities at the time of admission in the respective institutions.
Note : The Certificate issued by the e-District portal of the Government of Kerala will be preferred in lieu of the corresponding certificates.
To know more about Reservation of Seats Click Here
Kerala LET 2017 Admit Card
Admit Cards for the Examination can be downloaded from the website : www. admissions.dtekerala.gov.in www.dtekerala.gov.in, www.tekerala.org.
Kerala LET 2017 Syllabus
- English Syllabus
- Mathematics Syllabus
- Engineering Mechanics Syllabus
- Computer Science and Information Technology Syllabus
- Basic Civil Engineering Syllabus
- Mechanical Engineering Syllabus
- Basic Electrical Engineering Syllabus
- Electronics and Communication Syllabus
To know more about Syllabus Click Here
Kerala LET 2017 Results
Kerala LET 2017 Result Date :
Kerala LET 2017 Result Date : Kerala LET 2017 Entrance Exam Results will be declared on 15th June, 2017.
Please keep watching this page, to check your Kerala LET Results 2017…
To know more about Results Click Here
Kerala LET 2017 Important Dates
|1||Online Registration||6th March, 2017 to 20th March, 2017, ( 5 pm )|
|2||Last date of receipt of downloaded application in the Joint Controller of Technical Examinations Office, Thiruvananthapuram||29th March, 2017, ( 5 pm )|
|3||Downloading of Hall Tickets from the website||20th May, 2017 to 26h May, 2017|
|4||Date of Examination||27th May, 2017|
|5||Publication of Result||15th June, 2017|
|6||Downloading Score Cards from the website||20th June, 2017 to 30th June, 2017|
|7||Online filing of options||18th June, 2017 to 25th June, 2017|
|8||1st Allotment||29th June, 2017|
|9||Admission ( 1st allotment )||4th July, 2017 to 5th July, 2017|
|10||Rearranging higher options||8th July, 2017 to 9th July, 2017, ( 5 pm )|
|11||2nd Allotment||13th July, 2017|
|12||Admission ( 2nd allotment )||18th July, 2017 to 19th July, 2017|
|13||Rearranging higher options||20th July, 2017 to 21st July, 2017,( 5 pm )|
|14||3rd Allotment||26th July, 2017|
|15||Admission ( 3rd allotment )||29th July, 2017|
Directorate of Technical Education,
Padma Vilasom Road, Fort P.O.
Kerala, Pin – 695 023,
Telephone No. : 0471 – 2451741,
Fax No. : 0471 – 2451369, 0471 – 2463733,
Website : www.dtekerala.gov.in.
|Application Form : http://admissions.dtekerala.gov.in/letportal/login|
engineering entrance exam - kerala let -