Jawaharlal Nehru University Engineering Entrance Exam - JNU EEE 2017
JNU EEE 2017 Entrance Exam
JNU EEE 2017 Eligibility
Minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA ( under grading system ) from any recognized university in any one of the following :
For Anna University : Candidates with B.Tech / B.E in Electrochemistry, Bioengineering, Pharmaceutical Technology, Food Technology, B.Tech. in Agricultural Biotechnology and M.Sc. in Chemistry & Physics are also eligible.
For Cochin University of Science and Technology : Candidates with M.Sc in Marine Biotechnology, Marine Biology / Aquatic Biology & Fisheries, Environmental Biotechnology are also eligible.
For West Bengal University of Technology : Candidates with M.Sc. in Bioengineering are also eligible.
For Institute of Chemical Technology :
M. Tech. Bioprocess Technology : Candidates with B. Pharmacy; B. Tech. degree any branch of chemical technology of ICT or or any other equivalent degree of any University recognized by the UGC of four- year degree course after HSSC / Std. XII, with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA [55% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA for the backward class candidate]. B. Tech. / B.Sc. ( Tech. ) / B. E. in Food Engineering and Technology / Food Engineering / Food Technology / Food Process Technology / Food Process Engineering / Dairy Technology / Biotechnology / Biochemical Engineering / Pharmaceutical Technology / Oil Technology, pharmaceutical technology, food technology, textile and fibers technology, polymer engineering and technology, dairy technology, industrial biotechnology, Oil & Oleochemicals technology, dyes and dyestuff technology or any equivalent degree of full four year duration of any University recognized by the UGC. B.E / B. Tech in Chemical Engineering, food engineering, biochemical engineering, biomedical engineering; B. Chemical Engineering; Three year degree programs in these disciplines are not recognized for admission; MSc in biotechnology, life sciences, biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, microbial genetics, genetics & bioinformatics or equivalent thereof from any recognized university are eligible.
M. Tech. Food Biotechnology : The candidate should have passed B. Tech. degree in Food Engineering and Technology of the ICT or any other equivalent degree of any University recognized by the UGC of four- year degree course after HSSC / Std. XII, with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA [55% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA for the backward class candidate]. ( or )
B. Tech. / B.Sc. ( Tech. ) / B. E. in Food Engineering and Technology / Food Engineering / Food Technology / Food Science / Food Process Technology / Food Process Engineering / Dairy Technology / Biotechnology / Biochemical Engineering / Pharmaceutical Technology / Oil Technology or any equivalent degree of full four year duration of any University recognized by the UGC. Three year degree programs in these disciplines are not recognized for admission; OR M. Sc. in Biotechnology / Life Sciences / Biochemistry / Microbiology / Genetics / Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics or equivalent thereof from any recognized university.
M. Tech. Pharmaceutical Biotechnology : Candidates with B. Pharmacy; B. Tech. degree any branch of chemical technology of ICT or or any other equivalent degree of any University recognized by the UGC of four- year degree course after HSSC / Std. XII, with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA [55% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA for the backward class candidate]. B. Tech. / B.Sc. ( Tech. ) / B. E. in Biotechnology / Biochemical Engineering / Pharmaceutical Technology, pharmaceutical technology, industrial biotechnology, or any equivalent degree of full four year duration of any University recognized by the UGC. B.E / B. Tech in Chemical Engineering, biochemical engineering, biomedical engineering; B. Chemical Engineering; Three year degree programs in these disciplines are not recognized for admission; MSc in biotechnology, life sciences, biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, microbial genetics, genetics & bioinformatics or equivalent thereof from any recognized university are eligible.
Important Notes :
- Before applying, please ensure that you fulfil the eligibility requirements as prescribed above. Also please note that permission to appear in the entrance examination is strictly subject to your fulfilling the minimum eligibility requirements prescribed by each University as detailed above. You may, therefore, appear in the entrance examination only if you fulfil the eligibility requirements for M. Tech Biotechnology Programme. Despite this caution, in case you do not meet them minimum eligibility criteria and still appear in the entrance examination, you will do so at your own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that you do not fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements, the admission, if ranted to you, shall be cancelled ipso facto.
- Number of seats is subject to change by the participating Universities.
- Candidates who are due to appear in the final semester / year of the qualifying examination shall also be considered for appearing in the entrance examination provided they have secured 60% or equivalent CGPA ( under grading system ) in previous semesters / year. However, in the event of their selection, the admission will be granted to them subject to their securing minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA in their qualifying examination. Candidates seeking admission to above mentioned M. Tech programmes and who are GATE / GAPT qualified or wishing to appear to such national level exams need to apply to JNU-CEEB.
JNU EEE 2017 Reservation / Concession
Reservation : 15%, 7½% and 3% of seats shall be reserved for Scheduled Caste ( SC ) , Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) and Person with Disability ( PWD ) candidates ( with not less than 40% disability ) respectively. All the SC / ST and PWD candidates who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of marks in the qualifying examination. OBC reservation, wherever applicable, will be implemented as per the policy of each participating University. For admissions at Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, reservation policy of government of Maharashtra will be applicable ( i.e. 61%, 13%, 7% and 19% seats shall be reserved for General category, Scheduled Caste ( SC ) , Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) and OBC candidates respectively )
Concession for Kashmiri Migrants : 10% marks will be added to the overall marks scored by a Kashmiri migrant candidate in the Entrance Examination. After adding 10% marks, in case he / she is covered in the cut-off point in the merit list, he / she will be offered admission strictly in accordance with his / her inter-se merit along with other candidates subject to his / her meeting the minimum prescribed eligibility requirements and also subject to his / her producing valid registration documents issued by the notified authorities certifying the candidate’s Kashmiri Migrant status.
JNU EEE 2017 Exam Pattern
The question paper for Entrance Examination will be of 3 hours duration consisting of Two Streams : ( i ) Technology Stream and ( ii ) Life Sciences Stream.
Technology stream :
- Part A : Basic Engineering & Technology ( at under graduate level )
- Part B : Physics / Chemistry / Maths ( at under graduate level )
- Part C : Fundamental Life Sciences and Informatics ( at 10+2 level ) .
Life Science Stream :
- Part A : Life Sciences ( Biochemistry, Molecular Biology & Immunology ) , ( at post graduate level )
- Part B : Physics / Chemistry ( at undergraduate level )
- Part C : Maths, Computer & Information Sciences ( at 10+2 level )
To know moew abotu JNU 2017 Entrance Exam Click Here
JNU EEE 2017 Online Application Form
JUN EEE 2017 online Application Form Visite official Website www.jnu.ac.in
Please note that your name, your parent’s / guardian’s name, and your date of birth should exactly be the same as given in your 10th class or first Board / Pre-University examination certificate. Any deviation, whenever discovered, may lead to cancellation of your candidature.
Your name should be as given in your 10th class certificate or your first Board / Pre-University Examination. Female candidate may mention her present surname in case of name change after marriage.
Entrance Examination Fee : The entrance examinatin fee is 1000/- for general category candidates including OBC candidates and 500/- for the candidates belonging to SC/ST and Person with Disability categories. The entrance examination fee for Foreign Nationals is US$ 40.00 or Rs. 2640/-.
To know moew abotu JNU 2017 Application Form Click Here
JNU EEE 2017 Exam Centers
Entrance Examination Centre : A list of cities where JNU entrance examination is to be held is given below. No change will be permitted and no correspondence in this context will be entertained. In case it is not possible to allot the Centre of your choice, the University reserves the right to allot you alternative centre.
|1||Agartala ( AG )||3501||29||Katihar ( KT )||1307|
|2||Ahmedabad ( AH )||1661||30||Kolkata ( KL )||3800|
|3||Aizawl ( AZ )||2701||31||Lucknow ( LK )||3660|
|4||Allahabad ( AL )||3611||32||Mumbai ( MB )||2401|
|5||Amritsar ( AS )||3001||33||Madurai ( MR )||3303|
|6||Bangalore ( BL )||2101||34||Nagpur ( NP )||2402|
|7||Bareilly ( BR )||3616||35||Pant Nagar ( PN )||3702|
|8||Bhubaneshwar(BN)||2901||36||Patna ( PT )||1300|
|9||Calicut ( CA )||2201||37||Pondicherry ( PE )||3304|
|10||Chandigarh (CH )||3901||38||Pune ( PU )||2403|
|11||Chennai ( CE )||3301||39||Raipur ( RP )||1401|
|12||Coimbatore (CT )||3302||40||Ranchi ( RC )||2001|
|13||Dehradun ( DD )||3701||41||Sagar ( SA )||2302|
|14||Delhi ( DL )||1500||42||Sambalpur ( SP )||2902|
|15||Dimapur ( DU )||2801||43||Secundrabad ( HD )||3402|
|16||Gangtok ( GT )||3201||44||Shillong ( SL )||2661|
|17||Gaya ( GA )||1306||45||Shimla ( SM )||1801|
|18||Ghaziabad ( GZ )||3617||46||Silchar ( SC )||1202|
|19||Gwalior ( GW )||2301||47||Siliguri ( SG )||3806|
|20||Guwahati ( GH )||1201||48||Srinagar ( SR )||1902|
|21||Goa ( GO )||3902||48||Thiruvananthapuram(TP)||2202|
|22||Gorakhpur ( GP )||3618||50||Udaipur ( UD )||3107|
|23||Hyderabad ( HY )||3401||51||Varanasi ( VR )||3666|
|24||Imphal ( IM )||2501||52||Vijayawada ( VJ )||1001|
|25||Itanagar ( IT )||1101||53||Visakhapatnam ( VP )||1002|
|26||Jaipur ( JP )||3100||( Overseas Centre )|
|27||ammu ( JM )||1901||54||Kathmandu* ( KM )||5000|
|28||Jodhpur ( JO )||3106||* Subject tosufficient number of candidates available.|
JNU EEE 2017 Admit Card
The candidates may download their Admit Card from the University’s website: www .jnu.ac.in around 10th May, 2017 and take the Admit Card to the Examination Centre with a copy of latest passport size photograph.Before taking the entrance examination, please ensure that you fulfil the eligibility requirements as prescribed by the University. Also please note that permission to appear in the entrance examination is subject to your fulfilling the minimum eligibility requirements prescribed for admission as notified in the prospectus. You may, therefore, appear in the entrance examination only if you fulfil the eligibility requirements as prescribed for M.Tech Biotechnology Programme under Section-II of this prospectus. Despite this caution, in case you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria and appear in the entrance examination, you will do so at your own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that you do not fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements, the admission, if granted to you, shall be cancelled ipso facto.
Those candidates who have applied and fulfil the prescribed eligibility conditions but somehow are not able to download the Admit Card are advised to contact either the JNU Representative ( who will be available at the Examination Centre at least a day in advance ) or the Presiding Officer / Principal of the Centre to sort out the problems. It may be noted that only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the entrance examination whose names appear in the roll-list available with the examination centre. The University will assume no responsibility whatsoever in case the candidate fails to report on the due date and time for appearing in the entrance examination.
JNU EEE 2017 Selection Procedure
Selection of the candidates will be done in accordance with their inter-se merit drawn on the basis of All India Entrance Examination vis-à -vis the preference of Universities exercised by candidates. In case a candidate has not indicated his / her option for joining a particular university, his / her name will not be considered for that university.
The Selection procedure will be as follows :
- After the merit list is drawn more than double the number of candidates than the total intake only will be informed of their merit rank in the entrance examination. The candidates will also be informed about the total number of seats in each participating University. The candidates will be asked to exercise their options for joining the Universities in the proforma ( which will be sent by JNU ) . The candidates will be asked to send to JNU a Bank Draft of 5,000 / ( 2,500 / – in the case of SC, ST, PWD candidates ) as initial security deposit giving their willingness to be considered for admission to the participating Universities in accordance with their options for joining the Universities visà- vis their inter-se merit in the Entrance Examination. All candidates are advised to check the result on the web site of the university ( www. Jnu.ac.in ) in the second week of june.
- Before exercise the options candidates are advised to check their eligibility as prescribed by different University and ensure that they fulfil the prescribed eligibility.
- The candidates who do not exercise their options for joining any of the participating universities will not be considered for admission to that university / universities.
- Candidates who do not fulfil the eligibility for any University would not be considered for admission to that University / Universities.
- After allotment of seats, the JNU will send intimation to the candidates about their allotment of the university and also to the concerned participating university to which the candidate has been selected. Please note that once allotment of University is made on the basis of inter se merit vis-à-vis options, other options of the universities given by the candidate shall stand frozen. CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO CHECK THE ALLOTMENT OF UNIVERSITY ON THE WEB SITE Of the university ( www. Jnu.ac.in ) in the first / second week of july.
- The participating university will then inform the candidate about the complete admission procedure and schedule of their university as well as the amount of fee etc. to be deposited by the candidate. The initial security deposit already sent by the candidate through demand draft to JNU will be sent to concerned University for refund to the students after first semester.
- In case the candidate is offered admission in accordance with his / her options for joining the University vis-à-vis his / her inter-se merit, but subsequently either does not join the concerned University or withdraw after joining during the first semester then in that event, the initial deposit of 5,000 / – and 2,500 / – for General / OBC and SC / ST / PWD categories respectively, shall stand forfeited.
- The initial security deposit of 5,000 / -, ( 2,500 / – in the case of SC / ST, PWD candidates ) will be refunded in full tothose of the candidates who are not offered admission to any of the participating university.
- circumstances. Therefore, candidates are advised not to make any request in this regard) Only those candidates who will be asked to exercise their option, the list / letter of these candidates will be available on JNU website ( www.jnu.ac.in ) although intimation to this effect is also sent to the candidates on their e-mail account. However, the candidates are advised to find out through their own sources whether their names appear in the list and thereby make arrangement for sending their final option together with initial security deposit by the stipulated date. The University will not issue any paper intimation to the candidates. Candidates are advised to regularly check JNU website for updates.
- Please note that only one merit list will be released and there will be no second list under any circumstances.
JNU EEE 2017 Syllabus
To know moew abotu JNU 2017 Syllabus Click Here
JNU EEE 2017 Exam Results
JNU EEE Result Date :JNU 2017 Entrance Exam Results will be declared in the month of 2nd / 3rd week of June, 2017
Please keep watching this page, to check your JNU Entrance Results 2017…
To know moew abotu JNU 2017 Results Click Here
To know moew abotu JNU 2017 Question Papers Click Herers
JNU EEE 2017 Important Dates
|1||Start of Application process||21st March, 2017 on 10.00 a.m|
|2||Closing of Application Process||5th April, 2017 on 5.00 p.m.|
|3||Date and time of Entrance Examination||19th May, 2017 ( 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. )|
|4||Admit Card||10th May, 2017|
|Results of Entrance Examination|
|5||Merit list of candidates to exercise their option for Universities||2nd / 3rd week of June, 2017|
|6||Final result of allotted Universities||last week of June / 1st week of July, 2017|
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110 067,
Telephone No. : +91-11-26742676, 26742575, 26741557
Fax No. : 26742580
Website : www.jnu.ac.in
engineering entrance exam - jnu eee -