DTU Entrance Exam 2016
Delhi Technological University invites application for admission to B.Tech. ( Evening ) Programs for the academic year 2016 – 2017.
DTU 2016 Programs Offered
The following B.Tech. ( Evening ) programs are offered by the University, leading to the B.Tech. ( Evening ) Degree of Delhi Technological University.
|Programmes||Branch Code||No. of Seats|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||CEEC||45|
DTU 2016 Eligibility Criteria
(a) The candidates seeking admission to B. Tech.( Evening ) Programs, must have passed a State Diploma Examination of three years duration in the corresponding branch or any other examination, recognized equivalent there to by the Delhi Technological University with a minimum aggregate (aggregate of all six semesters / three years) of 55% (45% for SC / ST candidate ). Note: “Passing the said examination” will be construed to imply the date of last examination ( Annual or otherwise taken by the candidate leading to Complete Fulfillment of the requirements for the award of three years State Board Diploma. The candidates having diploma through correspondence / distance education are not eligible for this program ) Note : In case the candidate is not having Diploma in the correspond
Note : In case the candidate is not having Diploma in the corresponding branch, their candidature shall be examined by the Equivalence Committee constituted by Vice – Chancellor, DTU.
However, following diploma’s awarded / recognized by State Board of Technical Education shall be considered for admission in various branches as mentioned below.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with Specialization in any subject.
- Diploma in Production, Automobile, Aeronautical and Industrial Engineering
- Diploma from Tool Room and Training centre
- Lateral entry courses of the above specializations
Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Instrumentation Technology
- Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Software Engineering
- Diploma in Applied Electronics
- Diploma in Electronics
- Diploma in Medical / Biomedical Electronics
- Diploma in Electronics and Avionics
- Diploma in Telecommunication Technology
- Diploma in Electronics and Instrumentation
- Diploma in Electronics and Medical Instrumentation
- Diploma in Electronics Production Technology
- Diploma in Power Electronics
- Diploma in Medical Instrumentation
- Diploma in Biomedical Engineering
- Lateral entry courses of the above specializations
- Diploma in Construction Engineering
- Diploma in Environment Engineering
- Diploma in Architecture
- Lateral entry courses of the above specializations
- After passing the said examination, a candidate must have an experience of not less than One year as on 1st September, 2016, in full – time employment, training or apprenticeship in installation, operation and maintenance or some other recognized field of work in an approved engineering work / organization and should be presently working in the organization located in the National Capital Territory of Delhi and contiguous industrial areas i.e. Bahadurgarh, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Sonepat, Gautam Buddha Nagar ( Noida & Gr. Noida ) and Gurgaon.
- Candidate must produce a ‘No objection certificate’ in original in the prescribed form ( Available with the application form ) from the employer, The ‘No objection certificate’ issued by the employer should be renewed annually.
Note : Please attach attested copies ( by Gazetted Officer ) of all original certificates and work experience certificates from the present and previous employers which fulfill your eligibility criteria. Applications without attested copies shall be summarily rejected without any intimation to applicants.
(c) Candidate should be 19 years of age as on 01st September, 2016. Relaxation in age up to one year only is permissible with the approval of the Vice – Chancellor. Such candidates should apply for relaxation at the time of admission.
(d) Discrepancy in fulfillment of eligibility criteria found at any stage may lead to cancellation of admission.
(e) The candidate should be an Indian national.
Note : No admission shall be made directly to the second or subsequent years of B.Tech ( Evening ) Program.
To Know more about Eligibility Criteria Click Here
DTU 2016 Reservation of Seats
(a) The reservation in admission for all the B.Tech. ( Evening ) Programs for SC / ST / OBC shall be provided as per the policy of Government of Delhi approved by the Board of Management of DTU. 15%, 7.5%, and 27% of the total seats in each program are reserved for SC, ST and OBC category respectively during session 2016 – 2017. Candidates seeking admission under these categories must produce the SC / ST / OBC certificate issued by Government of NCT of Delhi.
A list of approved authorities is given below :
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Collector / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / I Class Stipendiary Magistrate / City Magistrate (Not below the rank of I Class Stipendiary Magistrate) / Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub – divisional Officer of the area where candidate and / or his / her family normally reside.
- Administrator / Secretary to administrator / Development Officer ( Lakshadweep ).
(b) One seat in each program is reserved for employees of Delhi Technological University / Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology / ITIs / Polytechnics under the direct control of Department of Technical Education, Government of NCT of Delhi. Such candidates shall also appear in the Entrance Examination and compete amongst themselves for a seat in each branch. Candidates applying for staff seat should route their applications through the Registrar, DTU / Directorate of Technical Education, Government of NCT of Delhi in the case of Polytechnics / ITIs.
(c) 3% of the total seats in each program are reserved for person with disabilities candidates. These 3% reservations may be allocated as follows : 1% for persons with low vision of blindness, 1% for hearing impaired and 1% for those with Locomotor disabilities and /or cerebral palsy. Candidates seeking admission in PWD category shall have to appear before a medical board to be constituted by DTU.
(d) Distribution of Seats :
The distribution of seats in Open / SC / ST / OBC / PWD / Staff shall be displayed before the commencement of admission.
(e) General seats will be filled as per open rank in the merit list.
- In case of seats reserved for SC candidates mentioned at (a) are not filled due to non availability of the candidates, the seats will be transferred to ST* candidates. Similarly the ST* seats will be transferred to SC candidates, if ST* candidates are not available for admission. However, even after interchanging the seats if neither SC nor ST* candidates are available for some reserved seats, then the seats will be treated as unreserved and will be filled by the open rank candidates. In case of seats reserved for OBC candidates mentioned at (a) are not filled due to non availability of the candidates, then the seats will be treated as unreserved and will be filled by the open rank candidates.
- In case sufficient number of eligible candidates from the categories mentioned at (b) and (c) above are not available, then the seats will be treated as unreserved in the respective branches.
Seat Matrix for DTU B.Tech. ( Evening ) Admissions 2016
DTU 2016 Application Form
(a) All candidates seeking admission to B.Tech ( Evening ) program in DTU are required to download application form, available at www.dtuadmission.nic.in
(b) Duly filled application form along with a Demand Draft of 1000/- ( Rupee One Thousand Only ) non-refundable drawn in favour of “Registrar, Delhi Technological University, Delhi” payable at Delhi, shall be submitted to the following address :
The Deputy Coordinator ( Admn. ),
B.Tech. ( Evening ) Entrance Examination 2016,
B.Tech. ( Evening ) Office,
1st Floor, FW1-FF4, Electrical Engineering Department,
Delhi Technological University ( Formerly Delhi College of Engineering ),
Bawana Road, Delhi – 110042.
On or before 7.00 P.M. of 3rd June, 2016 ( Friday ). Incomplete information may lead to cancellation of candidature. The University will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit. The candidates must ensure that the University receives the application on or before the last date. All applications received after the last date stand rejected automatically.
Note : The candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions before they submit their applications for the Entrance Examination. Attested copies ( by Gazetted Officer ) of the documents should be arranged in the following order along with the application form : Acknowledgement Card, Admit Card, Address Slip, Application Form, Date of Birth certificate, Diploma certificate, Mark Sheets, Appointment letter, Experience certificate, No Objection Certificate from present employer, Caste Certificate ( in case applicable ). Three self addressed envelopes should be attached alongwith the application form.
(c) The Admission Tickets will be sent to the candidates at their mailing address about FIFTEEN DAYS before the scheduled date of the Entrance Examination. Those candidates, who do not receive their Admission Tickets by 18th June, 2016 ( Saturday ), must contact the Deputy Coordinator ( Admn. ), B.Tech. ( Evening ) Entrance Examination 2016 at B.Tech. ( Evening ) office, 1st Floor FW1 – FF4, Electrical Engineering Department, latest by 24th June, 2016 ( Friday ) between 11:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. for issuance of a duplicate Admission Ticket. They must bring two copies of their photographs similar to the one affixed on their application forms. No Duplicate Tickets will be issued after 24th June, 2016 ( Friday ).
(d) Unless otherwise notified, the Centre for DTU Entrance Examination will be Delhi Technological University, Shahbad Daulatpur, Bawana Road, Delhi – 110042.
(e) DTU medium of examination shall be English. The relevant syllabi are given. The entrance test shall comprise of two papers of one and half hour ( 1½ Hours ) duration each. The first paper will be common to all candidates and second paper will be specific for respective programme. The test will comprise of only objective type of questions. Each question will have multiple ( four ) choices with one correct choice. Each correct answer will be awarded four marks, whereas one mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
The Entrance Examination will be conducted as per the schedule below :
|Date||Time||Paper||No. of Questions||Maximum marks||Subject|
|26th June, 2016 ( Sunday )||9.00 a.m. to 10.30 a.m.||I||90||360||Science ( Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics )|
|26th June. 2016 Sunday||11.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.||II||90||360||Engineering ( Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Elect & Comm. )|
(f) Instructions to the candidates with regard to the conduct of Examination will be communicated along with the Admission Tickets.
(g) Candidates are expected to see their result on their own on the Notice Board of B. Tech. ( Evening ) office situated at 1st floor, FW1 – FF4 in Electrical Engg. Block. Tentative date of declaration of result of Entrance Examination is 8th July, 2016 ( Friday ). The result of the Entrance Examination will also be displayed on the website “www.dtu.ac.in”. No separate communication will be sent to the candidates.
(h) The candidates, who wish to apply for re – evaluation, should apply to the Coordinator, B.Tech. ( Evening ) Entrance Examination 2016 in the prescribed form available with the Coordinator up to 11th July, 2016 ( Monday ). The result of re – evaluation will be notified by 15th July, 2016 ( Friday ). The fee for re – evaluation shall be 500/- which is to be remitted through a Bank Draft drawn in favour of “Registrar, Delhi Technological University, Delhi” payable at Delhi.
To more about Application Form Click Here
DTU 2016 Syllabus
DTU Syllabi for B.Tech. ( Evening ) Entrance Exam Paper – I
- Physice Syllabus
- Chemistry Syllabus
- Mathematics Syllabus
DTU Syllabi for B.Tech. ( Evening ) Entrance Exam Paper – II
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology
To more about Syllabus Click Here
DTU 2016 Results
Delhi Technological University 2016 B.Tech ( Evening ) Entrance Examination Results will be declared on 8th July, 2016
To more about Results Click Here
DTU 2016 Counselling
Based on information provided by the Candidates in on – line registration and on – line filling of choices of branches, a list of provisionally selected candidates will be displayed on website and such candidates are required to report at DTU as per the schedule given below. It may please be noted that no separate letters will be issued by the University for such candidates. It is in the interest of the candidates that they should regularly visit the admission website www.dtuadmissions.nic.in.
If the provisionally selected candidate does not report for admission at DTU on the specified date with required original documents / testimonials / certificates and Fees, he / she shall forfeit his / her right of admission and the seat shall be allotted to the next eligible candidate.
Note : Candidates reporting at DTU for admission are required to collect a token issued at Main Gate of DTU.
To more about Counselling Click Here
DTU 2016 Important Dates
|1||Date of release of application forms||4th May, 2016 ( Wednesday )|
|2||Last date for receipt of completed application form||3rd June, 2016 ( Friday ) 7.00 P.M.|
|3||Date of B.Tech. ( Evening ) Entrance Examination 2016||26th June, 2016 ( Sunday ) 9.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.|
|4||Date of Declaration of Result ( Tentative )||8th July, 2016 ( Friday )|
|5||Date for Commencement of B. Tech. (Evening) Admission||25th July, 2016 ( Monday )|
|Application Form : http://www.dtu.ac.in/Web/Admission/b.tech(E)/2016/Application_Form.pdf|
Delhi Technological University,
( Formerly Delhi College of Engineering ),
Shahbad Daulatpur, Main Bawana Road,
Delhi – 110 042,
Telephone No : 011 – 27294667,
Fax No : 011 – 27871023 & 011 – 27871031,
Website : www.dtu.ac.in.
engineering entrance exam - dtu -