Career in Culinary Arts – Diploma in Cruise Galley Operations
Career in Culinary Arts
- Career in Culinary Arts
- Bachelor of Catering Technology & Culinary Arts (BCT & CA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Culinary Arts
- Certificate Course in Food Production and Patisserie
- Diploma in Cruise Galley Operations
- Galley Assistant Familiarization Program
- Ready for Excellence Program
Career in Culinary Arts – Diploma in Cruise Galley Operations
As backbone of a professional hospitality organization, today’s & tomorrow’s chefs hold the key to a better world. A solid grounding in management is essential to successfully guiding the operations of a huge galley on board vast & large floating vessel. Cruise liners value people who can communicate well, work co-operatively in multi cultural teams, demonstrate leadership qualities, develop new concept, innovate new techniques and place emphasis on continuous skill development.
Keeping this in mind the P&O Cruises and Princess Cruises in association with CAI has designed a unique 4 months integrated program – ‘Diploma in Cruise Galley Operations’. Candidates holding a degree / diploma in Hotel Management with a passion for cooking food will be given advanced inputs in Galley Operations. Hands on practical exposure will be provided where the candidate will be trained on the corporate menu cycles as followed by P&O Cruises and Princess Cruises onboard their ships.
USPH & HACCP will be given utmost importance. On successful certification, candidates will be absorbed at Tr. Commi-I/Second Cook level and offered placement in any of the 20 cruise ships of P&O Cruise Lines and Princess Cruise Lines sailing all around the world. The position offered will involve a lot of responsibility and demand for leadership and authority. The position will be in any of the sections of the Galley viz. sauce, fish, vegetable, roast, soup, etc. Growth will be based on performance and if proper commitment and proficiency is displayed one can rise to the position of an Executive chef. One can expect a salary package of Rs. 45,000 (approximately), which is equivalent to 533 sterling pounds per month initially.
The P&O Princess Cruises and IACT & CA welcome you to see more of the world, experience the finest service and dish out mouth watering cuisines in a multi cultural working atmosphere where you can meet like minded and friendly people.
Eligibility / Selection :
- Candidate should be minimum 21 years of age on or before the date of the course.
- Bachelor of Hotel Management / Diploma in Hotel Management / Bachelor of Culinary Arts with a minimum of one year experience in professional food service operations.
- The candidate should submit photocopies of all relevant certificates along with the application.
- An admission notification is published in leading national dailies of the country by P & O and Princess Cruise lines.
- 4 Batches consisting of 25 candidates each will be enrolled based on their performance in the overall selection process.
- Candidates can apply to the academy on a prescribed application form for registering their candidature which will be forwarded to the recruiting companies.
- Candidates will be called for a written test and personal interview.
- Selected candidates should undergo medical examination at Mumbai.
- Upon clearing the medicals candidate will be processed for necessary visas.
- On successful stamping of the visa the candidate will be enrolled for the course conducted at CAI Hyderabad only.
- Date of the commencement of training / course will be intimated by the on successful selection / medicals and Visa stamping.
47,500/- Appx. ( Inclusive of Uniform, study material, tuition fee, lab fee, extra curricular activities and working lunch ).
- Candidate should put in a minimum of 90% attendance to qualify for External Examination.
- 10% of Attendance can be adjusted only on genuine medical grounds.
- Candidate should score a minimum of 50% Marks in the sessionals to qualify for the External Examinations.
- 50% of marks to be scored in all the subjects in the external examination in order to get certified.
- Character / conduct certificate will be issued by the trainer and a confidential report will be submitted based on non academic traits of each candidate to the principal companies.
Module Overview / Scheme of Instruction :
|Module Code||Module||Hours of Instruction / Week||Marks||Duration of the Exam|
|Class Room ( Theory )||Hours of Instruction / Week||Practical||Assignments||External|
|COM - I - 01||Cruise Line Operations & Management||3||-||30||70||3 Hrs|
|COM - I - 02||Galley Familiarization, Sanitation & Safety||3||-||30||70||3 Hrs|
|COM - I - 03||Commercial Cookery||3||-||30||70||3 Hrs|
|COM - I - 04||Materials Management and Cost Control||4||-||30||70||3 Hrs|
|COM - I - 05||Practical (Lab) Commercial Cooking-I||-||5||25||50||5 Hrs|
|COM - I - 06||Commercial Cooking-II||-||5||25||50||5 Hrs|
|COM - I - 07||Hygiene & Sanitation||-||2||25||50||2 Hrs|
Syllabus / Curriculum :
Cruise Line Operations & Management: This subject helps the prospective Crew Member to survey the Cruise Industry to broaden the basic operations of Cruise Line Industry in relation to both shore side and on board activities and also perspective on what career options exist and to provide them with a solid understanding of the nature of this profession on a Cruise Ship. Prepare the prospective Crew Members to understand the basic management of a Cruise Galley as they are made to understand the importance of general management, sales & marketing, human relations and customer orientation with a context of becoming a supervisor.
Galley Familiarazation, Sanitation & Safety: This subject focuses on the basic layout of a cruise galley and the prospective crew member is made to understand the functions and operation of various kitchen equipment used in the galley with special emphasis on the food line operations. It also provides the crew member with the basic understanding of procuring, processing and preparing food with full emphasis on safe food handling procedures with special inputs of HACCP and USPH.
Commercial cookery: This subject introduces and allows the students to understand the fundamentals of Cooking in both a’la carte style of cooking as well as buffets. Emphasis is placed on ingredient technology, combining, compiling, composing in relation to why’s, what’s and if’s of food production. A fair knowledge of pantry, buffet and larder is also imparted to the prospective crew members. Materials management & cost control: Students learn to understand procurement, holding and stores management with special emphasis on basic cost concepts and cost control and the theoretical inputs are cruise ship specific.
Commercial cooking-i practicals: Students get hands on practical training in a simulated galley with individualized attention by expert chef instructors in relation to fundamental principles of modern cooking in relation to cooking methods, seasoning and flavoring, professional kitchen operations- mis-en-place & mis-en-scene in regards to cruise ships.
Commercial cooking – ii practicals: Students learn to process, prepare and plate cold food such as salads, appetizers and other cold meats. Special emphasis is laid on imparting practical presentation skills in relation to lunch & dinner menus and also on buffet arrangements. Hygiene & sanitation: The purpose of this course is to provide the student with an understanding of basics of cleanliness, sanitation, personal hygiene and safety. This course is designed to make the participants understand the HACCP module and USPH.
Career in Culinary Arts – Bachelor of Catering Technology & Culinary Arts (BCT & CA) – Post Graduate Diploma in Culinary Arts – Certificate Course in Food Production and Patisserie – Diploma in Cruise Galley Operations – Culinary Arts Galley Assistant Familiarization Program
Culinary Arts Related : Culinary Arts Vacancy, PG in Culinary Arts Course, Culinary Arts Food Critic, Career in Culinary Arts – Diploma in Cruise Galley Operations, Culinary Arts Details, Culinary Arts Career Jobs, Career Culinary Arts Program, Culinary Jobs in Hotels, Culinary Arts Hotel Management Colleges, Career Culinary Arts Education, Job Culinary Arts Teacher, Culinary Arts Career Options, Culinary Arts Design School, Culinary Arts Requirements, Culinary Arts Graduate Jobs, Culinary Arts Gallery, Culinary Arts Instructor Jobs, Culinary Arts Career Institute, Institute of Technology Culinary Arts Specialist, Hospitality Culinary Arts Degree, Culinary Arts Career Information, Culinary Arts Career Qualifications, Job Opportunities Culinary Arts, Culinary Arts Entrepreneurship, Culinary Arts Catering Degree, Culinary Arts Career Academics, Culinary Arts Occupations, Culinary Arts Degree Programs, Hospitality Culinary Arts Careers, Culinary Arts Employment Opportunities, Certificate in Culinary Arts, Culinary Arts Diploma Courses,
Posted In career course : culinary arts : Leave a response for career in culinary arts – diploma in cruise galley operations by Yoga A