With the rapidly increasing economic online activities, there are occurrences of many cases of cyber crimes including online credit card scams, e-mail related crimes such as Spoofing, Sending Threatening E – mails, defamatory mails and frauds on Companies, Software piracy, SMS hacking, Cloning of Mobiles, etc. Computers and cell phones play a key role in the commission of crimes such as financial fraud and identity theft. Because computer and network security incidents are increasing, Computer & Digital Forensics majors are in particularly high demand presently.
Course Objectives :
- To understand various types of risks in Computerized and Networked operations.
- To learn to capture clues of a Potential Computer Crime in the Making.
- To know about approaches to investigation of Computer Crimes.
- To comprehend the proactive measures for preventing Computer Crimes.
- To familiarize the defensive techniques of Damage Control.
Course Contents :
- Analysis of Digital Media
- Computer Forensics
- Cyber crime
- Introduction to criminalist-ics
- White collar crime
- Fundamentals of cyber laws
- E – commerce – Legal issues
- Intellectual Property Issues and Cyberspace
- Cyber crime and Digital Evidence
Some of the Subjects Included in the Program are :
- Courts and the Criminal Justice System
- Criminal Justice Organization and Administration
- Principles of Policing and Law Enforcement
- Law Enforcement Reporting and Recording
- Correctional Programs: Probation and Parole
- Criminal Investigation
- Forensics and Crime Scene Investigation
- The Criminalistics of Cyber crime
- Policing Techniques: Interviewing and Interrogation
- Essentials of Security
- Aviation Security
- Crime Prevention
- Multicultural Law Enforcement
- Substance Abuse and Crime in America
- Gangs and Juvenile Justice
- The Criminalistics of Computer Forensics
- Controversial Issues in Law Enforcement
- Homeland Security
career course - computer forensics -