Department of Library and Information Science
The objectives of the M.L.I.Sc. Courses are :
To acquaint the student with : (a) the organisation and development of the universe of knowledge, (b) research organisation and research methods.
To give the students specialised knowledge in respect of : (a) kinds of reading and kindred materials, (b) different types of libraries.
To make the student proficient in : (a) advanced library techniques in the methodology of documentation, (b) advanced management and administration of select types of libraries.
Intake : 20 seats ( inclusive of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes ). However, the number of seats allotted to foreign students will be in addition to the prescribed intake.
Eligibility Conditions for Admission :
Candidates seeking admission to M.L.I.Sc. Course shall satisfy the following Conditions :
- They must possess the Post – Graduate Diploma in Library Science / B.Lib.Sc. of University of Delhi or any other University recognised by the University of Delhi, as equivalent to its B.Lib.Sc. provided that the candidate has obtained II Division with a minimum of 50% marks.
- The candidate must have passed atleast a Bachelor’s Degree examination ( 10+2+3 ) pattern of education and with a minimum of 50% marks, or a Bachelor’s Degree examination under the ( 11+3 ) or ( 10+2+2 ) pattern of education with a minimum of 55% marks from the University of Delhi or from any other recognised university.
Admission Test :
In addition to the above eligibility conditions the candidates should pass the Admission Test in Library Classification and Library Cataloguing (Both Theory and Practice respectively) conducted by the Department of Library and Information Science with a minimum of 50% marks, in each subject, i.e. Library Classification and Library Cataloguing.
However, those candidates who have obtained the B.Lib.Sc. degree from the University of Delhi within the last three years will not be required to take this test. These conditions shall also apply to SC / ST candidates.
After the preliminary screening of applications for admission to M.L.I.Sc. only a select number of candidates will be called for the Admission Test.
Age Requirements :
Candidates seeking admission to this course must have obtained the age of 21 years on or before Ist October in the year in which admission is sought.
- SC / ST : As per rules of the University.
- Physically Handicapped : As per rules of the University.
Merit Categories :
In addition to the eligibility conditions mentioned earlier the admission to the M.L.I.Sc. course shall be strictly according to the merit categories ( in order of priority ) given below :
Category – Qualifications :
- B.Lib. Sc. II Division and above from the University of Delhi.
- B.Lib. Sc. II Division with 50% and above from other universities.
For purpose of classification of I, II and III Division the following will be the criteria :
- Division – 60 Percent and above.
- Division – 50 Percent and above.
- Division – 40 Percent and above.
Foreign Students :
In addition to the normal intake of 20 students, a maximum of 3 seats are provided for foreign students.
General Conditions :
In all cases of admission the decision the of the Admission Committee shall be final.
Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes :
Candidates belonging to the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes form a separate category for admission and are required to furnish evidence of belonging to a scheduled caste or tribe. Under B.Lib.Sc and M.L.I.Sc. course 15% seats are reserved for scheduled caste and 71 / 2% for scheduled tribes ( interchangeable ). The reserved seats will be filled in order of merit categories.
Indian National Scientific Documentation Centre Insdoc, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, ( Recognised by Government of India & Many Universities ) offers 2 Year M.L.I.Sc.
14 Satsang Vihar Marg,
New Delhi – 110 067.
Regional Centre, CSIR Complex,
Chennai – 600 113.
Eligibility : A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Master’s Degree of 4 Year plus degree like B.E. / M.B.B.S or Bachelor’s degree an B.Lib.Sc. with 1 Year of relevant experience. Selection through Admission Test & Interview.
Application Form :
Application Form and prospectus can be obtained from Associative Head, ETTG by send a DD for [Rupee] 100/- drawn in favour of the “Director, INSDOC”, Payable at New Delhi starting from April. Last Date : May.