Eligibility for Beautician Courses
Eligibility for Beautician Courses
To get a Bachelor’s degree in Cosmetic Technology, one needs to complete 10+2. Courses undertaken to pursue careers as manicurist ( care of hands and fingernails ), electrologist and aesthetician are usually of much shorter duration. However, one is required to undertake apprenticeship, which might last for about two to three years.
Formal training in beauty therapy, hair – dressing, make – up and salon management makes one eligible for senior positions in the industry Classroom study, practical demonstrations and experiments are considered vital in any cosmetology program. Personal qualities include a pleasing and well – groomed personality, gentleness, dexterity, an eye for fashion, readiness to work with your hands, loads of stamina and a strong back ( you may have to stand for long hours at a stretch ), conversational ease and the knack of making your clients feel special and comfortable.
You must create a soothing and relaxing atmosphere while’ maintaining high standards of efficiency, cleanliness and hygiene – nothing can be more off – putting to a client than a hurried, slap – dash or sloppy job. You should also make sure that you don’t suffer from an allergic or asthmatic condition ( the fumes, dyes and chemicals you’ll inhale and handle could trigger an attack ).
A beautician’s earnings are determined by a number of factors, the most important being the quality of services rendered and the location of the salon. A beginner can hope to get a minimum salary of 5,000 to 7,000 a month, while, for the people with sound experience, sky is the only limit.
A make – up professional in an advertising campaign may easily demand and get something between 2,000 – 3,000 for a day’s work while earnings skyrocket if the work is undertaken as a part of a modelling assignment. Basically, work experience and reputation go a long way in determining the level of service – price.
On the whole, one needs to understand that the beauty business is very lucrative today. Targeting to make a career in this industry can keep one updated with the requirements of the time. However, the most important point is to realise that there is dignity in every career you choose in which you can excel.
Hairstyling as a profession
Hairstyling is considered as a well – respected and high – paying profession abroad. Senior hair – stylists are often sponsored for advanced courses in hairstyling at renowned international academies like Vidal Sassoon, Toni & Guy, etc. Hairstyling receives as much as 60 points in the process of Australian immigration. To be a successful hair – stylist, you need to be both patient and creative.
You need to have a charismatic personality to attract your clients again and again. As it is a skill – based profession, professional training is a must. Some people are naturally talented but the same can’t be said about all and sundry. It is advisable for each aspirant to undergo a training course from a well – established institute. Sincerity, hardwork, belief in oneself and faith in one’s work are the ways to ensure a brilliant career in this field.
- An eye for aesthetic detail;
- A high degree of creativity and innovation;
- Technical ease with hairdressing equipment like razors, scissors, hair irons, blow driers, etc.;
- Expertise and finesse in styling, coloring and chemical treatments are needed;
- Personal fitness must be your forte as your arms and fingers will be constantly in use and you will need to be in standing position for 8 to 12 hours at a stretch;
- You must have a well groomed out pleasing personality.
- Do not expect your job to be anywhere near a regular 9 to 5 desk job. Your job never gets monotonous as it’ entails constantly creating and innovating new looks as per the requirements of your varied clientele;
- You get to interact with a variety of people which keeps your spirit upbeat;
- Depending upon your aptitude and expertise, your money multiplies manifold;
- Fame, glamour and glory invariably become your companion;
- Besides all these, there are umpteen opportunities to travel, both for training and education as well as work.
- A few occupational hazards like backache and joint pain may trouble you if you do not take enough care of your body;
- Weekends and holidays are peak working days. So while others get ready to party you have to slog it out at the salon.
- The earnings of the hair – stylist jump by leaps and bounds based on levels of perfection and rapport with the clientele. A junior stylist earns approximately 10,000 per month and a senior one around 25,000.
- Growth prospects in this fast emerging career option are enormous and hence this profession be pursued with utmost devotion.
Where to Study:
- Akbar Peerbhoy Girls Polytechnic Fort, Mumbai – 400001, Maharashtra
- Amity University, Sector 125, Noida, Website : www.amity.edu/admission
- Habib’s Hair Academy
- National & Regional Vocational Training Institutes for Women ( Ministry of Labour, Government of India )
- Centres at : Delhi, Noida, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Kolkata, Vadodara, Hissar, Indore, Thiruvananthapuram, Tura
- Pearl Academy of Fashion, A – 21/13, Naraina Industrial Area, Phase II, New Delhi – 110028, Website : www.pearlacademy.com.
- Pivot Point Beauty School, J – 1 ( 1st Floor ), Kailash Colony, New Delhi
- Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Rabindranath Tagore Marg, Nagpur – 440001, Maharashtra, Website : www.nagpuruniversity.org.
- Shahnaz Hussain’s Woman’s World International Institute of Beauty, M – 106, Greater Kailash – 1, New Delhi – 110048 Website : www.shahnaz.in.
- South Delhi Polytechnic for Women, South Extension – 1, New Deihi – 49
- VLCC Institute of Beauty, Health & Management, Website : www.vlccinstitute.com.
- YWCA Women’s Training Institute, Bangla Saheh Lane, New Delhi, Website : www.worldywca.org.
Eligibility for Beautician Courses To get a Bachelor’s degree in Cosmetic Technology, one needs to complete 10+2. Courses undertaken to pursue careers as manicurist ( care of hands and fingernails ), electrologist and aesthetician are usually of much shorter duration. … Continue reading
Career Beautician Related : Cosmetic Technology, Manicurist Career, Beautician Degrees, Eligibility for Beautician Courses, Beautician Institute, Hair Stylist Education, Cosmetology as a Career, Cosmetology Degree Online, Beautician Courses in India, Cosmetologist Education, Electrologist Certification, Aesthetician Career, Beautician Salaries, Akbar Peerbhoy Girls Polytechnic Mumbai, Amity University, Habib's Hair Academy New Delhi, Pearl Academy of Fashion, Pivot Point Beauty School, Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Shahnaz Hussain Institute, VLCC Institute of Beauty Health and Management, South Delhi Polytechnic for Women, Career Courses, Options, Offering Colleges, Universities, Course Duration, Features, Available Seats, Admission Procedures, Application Form, Fees, Career Courses in India,
Posted In career course : career beautician : Leave a response for eligibility for beautician courses by sandhiya