Indo Swiss Training Centre Chandigarh Admission 2016
Indo Swiss Training Centre Chandigarh invites application for admission to following Three Years Diploma courses 2016 :
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering ( Tool & Die )
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering*
These courses are duly approved by All India Council for Technical Education ( AICTE ), New Delhi. Admission to first year of these courses will be offered on the basis of merit position of “ISTC Entrance Test 2016”.
The above courses consist of one year of common training followed by another two years of specialization in respective discipline. The medium of instruction is English.
ISTC Chandigarh Admission 2016 Eligibility
- Admission is open to both boys and girls who have passed their matriculation examination.
- Candidate must have passed the Matriculation or equivalent examination with Mathematics, Science and English as subjects from any recognized school / board. Those who have appeared in the qualifying examination this year, are also eligible to apply.
- AGE : Those born on or after 1 st August, 1997 ( 1st August, 1994 in case of SC / ST candidates ) are eligible to apply
ISTC Chandigarh Admission 2016 Reservastion of Seats
Total number of seats is 108, ( 54 in each of the courses ) out of which 27% are reserved for OBC, 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST candidates. Vacant seats of appropriate categories will be filled as per Govt. of India norms.
3% are reserved for Disabled Candidates ( physically challenged with disability in one leg or one arm and partially deaf persons ). The seats shall be filled as per merit list of the physically challenged candidates out of the seats pertaining to the category to which the candidate belongs i.e. General, OBC, SC or ST. These candidates would be required to produce a medical certificate from Govt. Medical Officer authorised for the purpose.
Criteria for OBC Reservation :
- OBC reservation will be available as per Govt of India rules to non-creamy layer only. For applying to avail reservation under OBC category, the candidates will be required to submit adequate proof / certificate, issued by the competent authority as may be prescribed from time to time in evidence of his / her not belonging to creamy layer. The criteria of creamy layer will be applied as may be prescribed by the Govt. of India ( http://ncbc.nic.in/backward-classes/index.html, http://ncbc.nic.in/html/creamylayer.html ). The above proof / certificate should pertain to the financial year 2015 – 2016 and certificate for the same issued after 31st March, 2016 only in the given format will be considered.
ISTC Chandigarh Admission 2016 Application Form
- ISTC application form is required to be filled online only.
- ISTC Application form along with detailed relevant information is available on University websites www.istc.ac.in or www.csio.res.in w.e.f. 01st May, 2016
- Before applying on line, the candidates are advised to read instructions carefully given in the Information Brochure.
- The non – refunable charges for cost of ISTC Application form including examination fee are 1000/- for General / OBC Candidates and 500/- for SC / ST Candidates.
- The fee is to be deposited directly in any branch of State Bank of India into the Power Jyoti Account Number 33004547024 with the help of Fee Deposit Slip downloaded from our website.
- Last date for online submission of application form is 31st May, 2016 up to 5.00 PM.
- The valid email id of the applicant / parents / guardian is mandatory for applying and future communication.
Important Dates for ISTC Chandigarh Admission 2016
|1||Opening Date for Online submission of ISTC Entrance Exam||1st May, 2016 9:00 AM||9:00 AM|
|2||Closing Date for Online submission of ISTC Entrance Exam Form||31st May, 2016||Up to 5:00 PM|
|3||Last date for Receipt of “ Print out of the system Generated Application Form for ISTC Entrance Exam 2016 “ along with Fee Deposite Slip ( ISTC Copy ) at ISTC, CSIR – CSIO, Chandigarh||10th June, 2016||Up to 5:00 PM|
|4||Starting date to print the E-admit card for “ ISTC Entrnace Exam 2016 “ by the authorized applicants from CSIO website||20th June, 2016 ( Tentative )||9:00 AM|
|5||ISTC Entrance Exam Date||10th July, 2016 ( Sunday )||9:10 AM|
|6||ISTC Entrance Exam Result Declaration||18th July, 2016 ( Tentative )||—|
|7||ISTC Admission Counselling for Session 2016 – 2017||27th July, 2016 & 28th July, 2016 ( Tentative )||10:00 AM|
|8||ISTC Session 2016 – 2017 Starts||8th August, 2016 ( Monday )||9:00 AM|
|Apply Online : http://career.csio.res.in/istc16/OnlineSubmission.aspx|
Indo-Swiss Training Centre ( ISTC ),
CSIR – Central Scientific Instruments Organisation ( CSIR – CSIO ),
Sector 30 C,
Chandigarh – 160 030,
Telephone No : 0172 2657826, 2651745, 2651746,
Fax No : 0172 2657264, 2657082,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.istc.ac.in or www.csio.res.in.